Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Incredible that Martinez is so narrow minded - they are crying out for his aggression too 

it’s mad that Vertonghen aged out of the premier league and yet someone who is smashing it at that level, can’t get in ahead of him 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Serves as a warning for those that might want Martinez as Leicester manager. 

I can’t remember anyone wanting it. I do remember someone linking to the Everton forum and when they were asked the question the first response was “Only dogs return to their own sick”. 

• Haha 2

On 28/11/2022 at 02:03, MPH said:

I mean this is the kindest of ways but it serves our purpose for Youri and  Belgium to crash and burn. As it will mean less onlookers and more chance of Youri signing an extension with us..

No way Youri stays. He’s reached his peak here—the winning FA cup goal, occasional captain, and easily one of the most important players, and some European football—especially since it looks unlikely we’ll achieve CL football this season or next. A CL club will jump at the chance of him on a free, even if they only want him as a squad player, and he’ll fight his way into the first team.

Edited by Foxxed

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some weird weird shit goes down at international football, no way would Faes be overlooked at club level for Dendoncker, Alderweireld or Vertonghen 😂😂😂😂😂

Martinez makes me vomit every time I see him. Belgium have the potential to be quality but that clown is doing a full Steve McClaren. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Martinez makes me vomit every time I see him. Belgium have the potential to be quality but that clown is doing a full Steve McClaren. 

Steve McClaren is a good comparison, a manager who has weirdly won the odd trophy or got a decent league position as an outlier season and then been the absolute pits everywhere else and a complete clown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/11/2022 at 15:02, ALC Fox said:

Surely this Belgium side is crying out for his energy and how well he passes between the lines.

And his simply being a centre back who isn't elderly. I can just about see how one aging centre back might be justifiable on the grounds of experience if there's a bit of energy and pace alongside. But two?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

When there were rumours earlier in the season that Rodgers was about to be sacked, Martinez's name came up a few times as his potential replacement. There were even reports that our owners had already been in touch with him. Thankfully Brendan turned it around, but the memory of those stories still make me feel sick with nausea...

For someone who comes and watches so many games in England you would think Martinez would have seen the impact some of his players in form have made at their clubs here, e.g. Trossard, Faes, Tielemans the last 3/4 weeks of the season. Instead he's playing the likes of Castagne at CB and Onana who's hardly pulled up any trees at Everton.

They've got a great squad with a lot of experience and talent but as soon as I saw the team he'd put out on Wednesday I thought he'd lost the plot. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were finished at the Euros last year, anyone could see that. Wout Faes has been a factor in our incredible turnaround in defence since signing and has been a revelation, genuinely thought pre-tournament he'd be kind of a missing link for their defence.  

They could completely turn it around by surprising us and beating Croatia but it feels like a proper wasted generation.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

For someone who comes and watches so many games in England you would think Martinez would have seen the impact some of his players in form have made at their clubs here, e.g. Trossard, Faes, Tielemans the last 3/4 weeks of the season. Instead he's playing the likes of Castagne at CB and Onana who's hardly pulled up any trees at Everton.

They've got a great squad with a lot of experience and talent but as soon as I saw the team he'd put out on Wednesday I thought he'd lost the plot. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were finished at the Euros last year, anyone could see that. Wout Faes has been a factor in our incredible turnaround in defence since signing and has been a revelation, genuinely thought pre-tournament he'd be kind of a missing link for their defence.  

They could completely turn it around by surprising us and beating Croatia but it feels like a proper wasted generation.

If you watched Belgium play, you would realise why Onana is being selected, they simply have to get someone in midfield with some energy and legs. Tielemans was chosen, and his weaknesses have been highlighted on a World Stage, the weaknesses so many on here ignore. Yes, he's capable of hitting the odd worldy, but he's nowhere near consistent enough to be a key player for a top Club. His lack of engine and physicality is such that it makes the best midfielder in Europe, in De Bruyne, look completely average. 

Castagne has also shown why he's no better than a mid-table full back, his lack of pace and lack of quality with the ball have been highlighted again in the Tournament. He's an odd one, as he's never actually looked anywhere close to the player we saw in his debut against West Brom...it's as if he's never looked fit since.

I do agree about Faes though. It's crazy he isn't starting. Martinez really does look clueless and his time at Swansea looks a fluke. Wout and Trossard need to start.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

If you watched Belgium play, you would realise why Onana is being selected, they simply have to get someone in midfield with some energy and legs. Tielemans was chosen, and his weaknesses have been highlighted on a World Stage, the weaknesses so many on here ignore. Yes, he's capable of hitting the odd worldy, but he's nowhere near consistent enough to be a key player for a top Club. His lack of engine and physicality is such that it makes the best midfielder in Europe, in De Bruyne, look completely average. 

Castagne has also shown why he's no better than a mid-table full back, his lack of pace and lack of quality with the ball have been highlighted again in the Tournament. He's an odd one, as he's never actually looked anywhere close to the player we saw in his debut against West Brom...it's as if he's never looked fit since.

I do agree about Faes though. It's crazy he isn't starting. Martinez really does look clueless and his time at Swansea looks a fluke. Wout and Trossard need to start.

He could play Onana and Youri. Instead he’s persisting with another bloke whose past it, Witsel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Witzel is as much to blame as Tielemans, like we've seen recently at Leicester if you can build a team that doesn't expose Tielemans lack of pace by the entire team having much more movement then he is so much better. In recent weeks at Leicester he seemed to be everywhere from being the defensive outlet to running with the ball up pitch and a lot of it is down to the intensity of the team.

Belgium look absolutely shot to pieces and he's sticking out like a sore thumb because he is not dynamic enough to overcome the deficiencies of the team. No different to the limitations other very good players may suffer, the team needs to be firing.

• Like 1