Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Do I think that Faes has turned into a bad player due to tonight? No

Do I think that we (myself included) overrated his original performances? Yes

He has now had a fair few iffy games (Bournemouth, Newcastle and tonight) but some genuine quality games too.

He comes across as a confident and leader type personality so hopefully he can quickly shake off his errors today and go back to celebrating a tackle/block that rally’s the whole team against Fulham.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Football really is about fine margins.

Faes’ errors aside, just think back to how many chances Liverpool squandered tonight.

Salah put simple finishes past the far post twice. Nunez blazed shots over and Danny made a couple of good saves.

We could easily have been talking tonight about a margin of 4/5-1, if not more.

Faes will be pilloried for his own goals, but just as concerning is how many we could have easily conceded tonight.

Worrying times for City imo.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Football really is about fine margins.

Faes’ errors aside, just think back to how many chances Liverpool squandered tonight.

Salah put simple finishes past the far post twice. Nunez blazed shots over and Danny made a couple of good saves.

We could easily have been talking tonight about a margin of 4/5-1, if not more.

Faes will be pilloried for his own goals, but just as concerning is how many we could have easily conceded tonight.

Worrying times for City imo.

First half we looked fine I thought, second half they were always bound to get a few more chances as we couldn't just sit back 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Ledecestre said:

Is that just him or the way our defence as a whole is lately? Panic spreads, etc.

That’s how I see it. Very very little composure the past two games.

Put it this way, Wout wouldn’t have made those errors on the run of 5 clean sheets.

There will always be a reason why this happens 

Edited by Col city fan

13 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Do I think that Faes has turned into a bad player due to tonight? No

Do I think that we (myself included) overrated his original performances? Yes

He has now had a fair few iffy games (Bournemouth, Newcastle and tonight) but some genuine quality games too.

He comes across as a confident and leader type personality so hopefully he can quickly shake off his errors today and go back to celebrating a tackle/block that rally’s the whole team against Fulham.

Thought he looked off the pace at MK Dons as well. I think his personality will see him right though, I don't see him slumping like Soyuncu.

• Like 1