Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I guess that is what Evans brings. Shame his body has apparently broken down. 

It has to be a training and mentality thing as well. The best players (by which I mean solid players not necessarily world class) can have a mare and then dust themselves down and put it right. We just go into blind panic, as if we've been found out to be making it all up as we go along. The confidence just vanishes and we make it worse.

19 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He has had a bad night tonight, however let’s not act like a bunch of knobheads and turn him into the next scapegoat. No doubt he has had an absolute mare tonight and cost us points but for a player who overall has started well he also deserves some support and backing. 

He’s had pages full of praise and credit on here for his pre-World Cup form. And rightly so.

Tonight though he deserves an absolute panning for turning a victory into a defeat with two easily avoidable own goals.

Yes, he deserves our support, but he owes the fans - and his team-mates - big time after that horror show.

We’ll see what he is really made of now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hammo said:

That is totally unfair on Ward. What else is he supposed to do bar shouting very loudly “keeper’s!”? That goal is all on Faes - no one else.

I think even if he decided he didn't trust Ward he slashed at it and made a complete hash of it so no use blaming Ward for it at all. The general sense of panic in the 18 yard area is a combined problem however.

• Like 2

One to forget for Faes tonight. That said, he's been very solid for us since joining so i don't think tonight is any reflection on his ability. 

The first OG was just sheer bad luck. That could have gone absolutely anywhere, yet it somehow loops as it did - The kind of luck only Liverpool would get. The second was a clear shout from Ward - a clear mistake / misjudgment by Faes, but sh1t happens.

It's a shame, but we move on to Fulham now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Lay off him please. Yes he cost us all the points but was unlucky for the first and overall for us has been a very good signing since coming in.

I feel for him because he's a good guy and player and that sort of game must give you nightmares.

Faes really does look an all or nothing merchant. When on his game, nothing will get past the sod. When off his game, looks a pub player.

As I’ve said right from the off, jury’s out on Wout

50 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Our fans - 

“Faes is better than Fofanna. What a class player. Wow”

One average game and one terrible one…

“Bin him. He’s shit” 

Some of you lot are embarrassing. Delete your accounts I beg. 

Best post I’ve read all year. 

Guest Col city fan

I think the first was real bad luck. One of those weird, unfortunate incidents where the ball could have ended up anywhere. It’s a 1 in a 100 chance it’ll neatly loop over our own keeper.

The second one was worse imo. I think he DID have a chance to get his boot round the ball to clear it. He panicked with that one, probably because of how he was feeling about the first one.

But try to get past these individual errors focus. A. There will be a reason why they are being made and B. I think we are wide open at the back. Again, you could have driven a bus between Wout and Big Dan at times.
Our defence continues to worry me. It has to be the foundation of any team’s success and ours is weak.