Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think people again are missing the fact that the second own goal would have never happened if our defending had been better. We were WIDE OPEN. Watch the highlights and you’ll see that Nunez got through completely unmarked, with no one anywhere near catching him before he shot. To be fair, he should have just scored, rather than hitting the post. 
THIS is the issue. Defensively again we were all over the place last night. People will gloss this over but errors of this nature are borne out of being under pressure.

I’ll post the highlights again….watch the defending. Salah and Nunez should have buried their chances in the second half with no defenders anywhere near them when they shot.

You keep banging on about the chances they missed, teams miss chances. We missed ours through Barnes and Ndidi. 

Yes, another week they might have scored, and we might have scored another 2. Shoulda coulda woulda 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ok no pressure is maybe harsh but re watch it and tell me he didn’t have another half second.

I've said it's poor, but the second I can understand more as he has to react somehow, the first he doesn't. Looked like the second caught him off guard a little bit and he just reacts by swinging at it

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Weird how some fans just totally forget the confidence and organisation he inspired and brought to the team before the World Cup based on the last week. 

The Fulham games a big one for LCFC and particularly for Faes I think.

Lose another battle to big Mitrovic this time, and his confidence could get shot.

The Faes I see is either very good or absolutely awful. We’ve seen both in him.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I've said it's poor, but the second I can understand more as he has to react somehow, the first he doesn't. Looked like the second caught him off guard a little bit and he just reacts by swinging at it

No defending it unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Will Rodgers drop him next game and treat him like Cags and ignore him and not play him again.

Cags was ‘cagstigated’ for bottling a 50/50 with Romero. 

faes just panicked last night - quite different although from what I remember, Brendan wasn’t fully supportive post game with his comments. He was struggling to speak mind you …..

11 hours ago, Ledecestre said:

Is that just him or the way our defence as a whole is lately? Panic spreads, etc.

...you get the impression that he has already been here too long!!!

Now picking up the bad traits which runs through this club. He needs to reset himself,  do the basics right, that is all we need from him, whatever instructions he receives from Rodgers,  it is best that he ignores it.

Looking back at the two goals last night, the first one, well we can speculate if it's a lack of trust in Ward etc, but he's tool a swipe at a clearance and messed it up. You see the best defenders in the world do that at some point in their career, just one of those unlucky ones. Another day it loops over the bar and we think nothing of it. There's a danger to over analyse it. The second one is really poor though. He showed against Newcastle blocking that Murphy shot that he had great reaction to block on the line. Its not hit the post and hit him, it hit the post and he has struck the ball with his foot. He's got to be hooking that behind him, and he has enough time to sort his feet out to do that. For a usually composed defender both goals, but especially the second, show a real lack of composure. Hopefully just an off day that has ended in the most spectacular way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Two pieces of shocking defending. First one Ward clearly shouts for the ball.

Second one absolute no composure. Ball shouldn’t have ended in the net.

....is it because he now believes in his own press, and feels he is the only one in the backline that can take charge or has being here  rubbed off on him!!!

Pretty much got the call, but still chose to play the ball and jumped infront of Amartey to needlessly to play the ball for the second.

His fist pumping has probably taken him over the edge and he needs to do the basics, we are looking for a leader out there not a cheerleader for the team.

53 minutes ago, Apollo said:

You keep banging on about the chances they missed, teams miss chances. We missed ours through Barnes and Ndidi. 

Yes, another week they might have scored, and we might have scored another 2. Shoulda coulda woulda 

...in this instance, for us to have spurned those opportunities was the norm, we are poor in the last third and take the wrong decisions!!!

Liverpool were extremely profligate last night, not the norm for them.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...in this instance, for us to have spurned those opportunities was the norm, we are poor in the last third and take the wrong decisions!!!

Liverpool were extremely profligate last night, not the norm for them.

Exactly 

Other than the 2 own goals and a mis kick he was pretty solid tbh.

People need to get off his back since he arrived we had a run of results and he improved the performances massively.

2 own goals doesn't matter season was ****ed before it started so who cares 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

People need to get off his back since he arrived we had a run of results and he improved the performances massively.

I mean, how are you 'solid' if you've conceded twice and actively scored both opposition goals? Mistakes change games and his mistakes swung momentum in their favour. No need to sugar coat or excuse that by saying his performance was otherwise ok.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, shen said:

I mean, how are you 'solid' if you've conceded twice and actively scored both opposition goals? Mistakes change games and his mistakes swung momentum in their favour. No need to sugar coat or excuse that by saying his performance was otherwise ok.

He wasn't solid and his performance wasn't okay.  However, it's also okay to have a balanced view on th match overall, he did also do some good stuff.  One thing I liked was he came out second half and still looked to attack the ball and be positive.  

If there's one thing this team needs it's men with character.  If he comes out next game and has a decent showing then we know we've got someone with that which at least will be a positive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

He wasn't solid and his performance wasn't okay.  However, it's also okay to have a balanced view on th match overall, he did also do some good stuff.  One thing I liked was he came out second half and still looked to attack the ball and be positive.  

If there's one thing this team needs it's men with character.  If he comes out next game and has a decent showing then we know we've got someone with that which at least will be a positive.

Agree....We are too lightweight.. many times in recent seasons  we have been  bullied out of games

• Like 1

First one is incredibly unfortunate. It was noticeable that Ward "called" for the ball about 4/5 times and each time the defenders didn't hear him. Just because his mouth is moving doesn't mean it was a loud clear shout with plenty of time for the defender to react.

Second one, the ball has bounced off the post and right back at him. He's tried to guide the ball high and wide, correctly in my opinion and just not been able to get under it. If he leaves that to roll behind him then he's made a poor decision. I'm sure people watching it in slow motion reckon he had all the time in the world to readjust and make a reasonable clearance though lol

If we want to talk terrible defending then let's look at this set up from a throw in.  3 people marking 1 man then 1 man left with 2 free players as well as a huge gaping chasm to pop the ball into lol 

image.thumb.png.3207add97202691e22b98e6fc44e60a7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

lol 

Other than making a massive mistake I had a pretty good day at work.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Honestly, this is classic FT. It really is.

Other than 2 own goals!! Stop there!

Solid… 😂

People may think I’m mad but I’d rather have big wout than Wes fofana any day.. the World Cup came at the wrong time fact. The first own goal was misfortunate, second was a tangled flap and damn right bloody mess.

If the second own goal was the only goal in the game it wouldn’t seem half as bad. Wout got chucked in at the deep end against a strong spurs side, however even from that game he showed glimpses of something different and he sure did up to the World Cup break. He has my backing 100% as one average game against Newcastle and a poorer one last night ain’t going to do anything but hopefully change and make him stronger. 2 games doesn’t deserve a drop, end of the season then we should discuss.. 

• Like 1