Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

you’re being ludicrously pedantic

By pointing out to you what scapegoat means. You explicitly blamed Faes for our defeat. Not just the own goals, but the defeat. And you said solely. You scapegoated him, fairly or otherwise isn't the issue. In your eyes, Faes carries the can for our defeat. And that's simply not true. 

You are either unaware of what scapegoating means or you are unaware of the implications of what you are saying. It is not correct to say Faes alone is to blame for our defeat. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Last night was solely on him, so it isn't scapegoating its just true.

The point I am desperately trying to make is that is not "solely" on him. His mistakes are his own but not the defeat - there are 10 other players out there with him.  To make him solely responsible is text book scapegoating. 

1 minute ago, taupe said:

The point I am desperately trying to make is that is not "solely" on him. His mistakes are his own but not the defeat - there are 10 other players out there with him.  To make him solely responsible is text book scapegoating. 

As I said, we limited them, stopped them scoring and scored a goal ourselves. He made 2 awful errors, and we lost 2-1. Collectively I don't think the team could do much more against one of the best teams in the country in recent years, at their own ground, to secure a win. If its not on him, what could the other 10 have done? Easy to say we could have scored more, but how many go to Anfield and score 3? And we shouldn't have to score 3 when we've essentially stopped them scoring. 

I wouldn't blame Faes for either goal last night. 

The first is clearly Wards fault, for not shouting to leave it and coming to collect. His slice could just as easily ended up in row z.

The second he was unfortunate, it was as much the ball hitting him as he couldn't get out of the way quickly enough.

Maybe he could have chose to not try and kick it but he didn't know what was behind him either.

You have to give him credit for being the one trying to defend while others stopped playing and were watching on.

I wish people would stop looking to blame Ward. He had a good game last night and they barely looked like scoring. All the bollocks about it only happened because of the lack of confidence in him is clutching at straws. 

He has single handedly cost us the game last night. He has also been the catalyst for improved form too. Let's move on from it.

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't blame Faes for either goal last night. 

The first is clearly Wards fault, for not shouting to leave it and coming to collect. His slice could just as easily ended up in row z.

The second he was unfortunate, it was as much the ball hitting him as he couldn't get out of the way quickly enough.

Maybe he could have chose to not try and kick it but he didn't know what was behind him either.

You have to give him credit for being the one trying to defend while others stopped playing and were watching on.

Ward shouted. Sky highlighted it at half time. People in the crowd say they heard it too.

The second one doesn't hit him, he hits it. He strikes the ball with his foot, he need to be hooking that over his shoulder. You see people make goal line clearances with less time to react.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

As I said, we limited them, stopped them scoring and scored a goal ourselves. He made 2 awful errors, and we lost 2-1. Collectively I don't think the team could do much more against one of the best teams in the country in recent years, at their own ground, to secure a win. If its not on him, what could the other 10 have done? 

And I agree with you! We were beaten by a better team (on the night) but it's not "on" anyone - it's as it is. Faes' mistakes were unfortunate, nothing more. 

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ward shouted. Sky highlighted it at half time. People in the crowd say they heard it too.

The second one doesn't hit him, he hits it. He strikes the ball with his foot, he need to be hooking that over his shoulder. You see people make goal line clearances with less time to react.

Then the first is his fault so. He should have left it to Ward if he heard the Call.

The second he ran ito it more so, He possibly could have jumped over it but then if they scored anyway he'd have been slated for not trying to clear it.

Small margins as they are change games, That's football for you.

I still think he deserves credit for trying to effect the game in a positive manner.

20 minutes ago, taupe said:

And I agree with you! We were beaten by a better team (on the night) but it's not "on" anyone - it's as it is. Faes' mistakes were unfortunate, nothing more. 

Where did I say Liverpool were the better team on the night? They are a better team, buy they didn't score and we stopped them from doing so, and they still won, so the only way that happens is due to the 2 errors by Faes. I guarantee had that been Ward, or Amartey or Thomas they wouldn't be getting this level of leeway. Just being beaten in the air or a good finish by a striker is enough to blame them for a defeat even if its not the only goal we lost by. Look a I like Faes, he's a good signing and had improved us, but his errors cost us last night there's noway round it.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Where did I say Liverpool were the better team on the night?

I didn't mean to imply that you did. I said it because it's was my view of the night. That's why I can't get too upset about the result. Nor, as a consequence, Faes' own goals.

Look, if people want to blame Wout for the defeat then that's up to them. I think it both unfair and wrong but each to their own. 

Just now, taupe said:

I didn't mean to imply that you did. I said it because it's was my view of the night. That's why I can't get too upset about the result. Nor, as a consequence, Faes' own goals.

Look, if people want to blame Wout for the defeat then that's up to them. I think it both unfair and wrong but each to their own. 

They were better, but we didn't let them score. Everyone mostly did a good job, yet we still lost 2-1. At one point they had more goals than shots on target. I don't see any other way it's not down to those 2 mistakes we lost. I'm more upset because that game was ours to win, we had a lead and defended well enough in most part to hold that lead, other than those 2 errors. We didn't lose because they carved us open like Arsenal have to Brighton tonight, we haven't lost because the whole defence stood like statues and failed to stop a chance, we haven't lost because the whole team performed badly like they did Monday, one player has made 2 errors and put the ball in his net, that not one of Ward, or Castagne, or Amartey or Thomas or Soumare, or Ndidi or KDH or Barnes or Perez or Daka or Vardy, they didn't do it or anything to make it harder for Faes to not make those errors, so I can only see its solely on him. But as I've said before his impact his been more good than bad and last night seems to be the exception to the rule, but he's still culpable for the loss.

Had we lost to the disallowed goal from Wards poor clearance, I'm sure you'd be blaming him.

2 minutes ago, taupe said:

This may not surprise you but I'd not blame any one player for the outcome of a match involving many others. Acknowledge that an individual mistake leads to a goal, sure, but never hold them solely accountable for the final result.

What about when the final result rest solely on those errors made by that player?

Just now, Facecloth said:

What about when the final result rest solely on those errors made by that player?

Again, it'd not surprise you but not even then. I just think there's a lot of stuff that happens in a game, mistakes are part and parcel, sometimes they lead to goals and sometimes not, but they don't define the game for me. So, by extension, I don't hold whoever makes a mistake responsible for the outcome of a game.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That can’t be pinned down. If Faes hadn’t gifted them the first goal, Liverpool would have pushed to equalise anyway. And if they hadn’t scored when they did, they’d have pushed more.

There is no way that the outcome of a football match can be attributed to single errors of single players, there are too many variables involved. Eg Barnes missing chances, Salah missing chances. It’s a team game and the team is ultimately accountable, along with the manager.

Last night, what caused Faes error? An individual mistake brought on by what? Pressure of the attacking team? Luck? A fan shining a camera in his eye? What?

Theres too many variables involved to say that x equals y in football. I thought Faes was just unlucky last night with the first one. The big error, I think, was with the second goal. But what led to that happening? Nunez running through, unmarked and hitting the post first.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That can’t be pinned down. If Faes hadn’t gifted them the first goal, Liverpool would have pushed to equalise anyway. And if they hadn’t scored when they did, they’d have pushed more.

There is no way that the outcome of a football match can be attributed to single errors of single players, there are too many variables involved. Eg Barnes missing chances, Salah missing chances. It’s a team game and the team is ultimately accountable, along with the manager.

Last night, what caused Faes error? An individual mistake brought on by what? Pressure of the attacking team? Luck? A fan shining a camera in his eye? What?

Theres too many variables involved to say that x equals y in football. I thought Faes was just unlucky last night with the first one. The big error, I think, was with the second goal. But what led to that happening? Nunez running through, unmarked and hitting the post first.

So why don't you give other players the same leeway? You're extremely critical of other players who's names we won't mention. What lead to their errors? 

• Like 1

He's not quick. I know Nunez is lightning but there were a few times yesterday when Wout was really exposed by him badly. For the 2nd own goal, Wout's run back is really laboured and just before the ball hits the post you can see Wout flap his arms like he thinks its gone in. When it bounces off the post he is totally unprepared to deal with the situation. Just bad defending and there should be no excuses.

I think if we are going to press teams and we get countered, Wout is going to struggle for pace. He has been excellent for us so far but i fear teams are going to work this out pretty quickly. Fingers crossed Rodgers is right and its more a case that after doing eff all at the WC he needs a few games to get that form back.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Honestly, this is classic FT. It really is.

Other than 2 own goals!! Stop there!

Solid… 😂

You lot on here or the most of you are deluded half wits tbh.

Game of football is played over 90 mins Faes had 3 terrible moments over that period.

Over 88 mins of those he was solid.

People need to get off his back the problem isn't with him.

Barnes is the problem with this team.

When YT came on we played worse.

Soumare isn't good enough.

Thomas isn't good enough

Castagne hasn't been good enough

Vardy hasn't been good enough

Fees 

Justin

Daka

KDH

Maddison

Are the only players I'd keep at rhis club the rest can leave they are championship standard 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

He's not quick. I know Nunez is lightning but there were a few times yesterday when Wout was really exposed by him badly. For the 2nd own goal, Wout's run back is really laboured and just before the ball hits the post you can see Wout flap his arms like he thinks its gone in. When it bounces off the post he is totally unprepared to deal with the situation. Just bad defending and there should be no excuses.

I think if we are going to press teams and we get countered, Wout is going to struggle for pace. He has been excellent for us so far but i fear teams are going to work this out pretty quickly. Fingers crossed Rodgers is right and its more a case that after doing eff all at the WC he needs a few games to get that form back.

We need an athlete next to him who can sprint and jump. Shame we lost Fofana really 

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Had we lost to the disallowed goal from Wards poor clearance, I'm sure you'd be blaming him.

Well, yes, of course we would. We were extremely fortunate the flag went up. How is it the rest of the team's fault that Faes and Ward made some laughable mistakes?

2 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Well, yes, of course we would. We were extremely fortunate the flag went up. How is it the rest of the team's fault that Faes and Ward made some laughable mistakes?

I'm saying it's not on the rest of the team, just Faes that we lost. Some people are giving Faes leeway and saying its not his fault we lost. I'm pointing out others wouldn't get off do lightly.

• 2 weeks later...