Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Guest Col city fan

Moral of the story.. don’t make up your mind that a player is brilliant having seen him play once. And indeed, in a game where we actually conceded 6 goals 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Moral of the story.. don’t make up your mind that a player is brilliant having seen him play once. And indeed, in a game where we actually conceded 6 goals 

I’m a massive fan of wout and will always try to defend him. He’s came in a game which was always going to be difficult, let’s face it now the defence was already a shambles when he arrived and he slotted in. Conceded 6 goals but that was a defence **** up that day. One could argue that the winning run which miraculously lifted the squad was against lower league teams (it actually was) but nevertheless they were up to 12th and 7 points off a European space.. 

whatever happened in the World Cup squad and why he didn’t make it I don’t know. Was his confidence affected because to be honest they didn’t do that well Belgium did they? he’s came back not the same player. 

My only question to his doubters is where would Leicester be in the table without him. Playing Ndidi out of position? Probably near bottom and sinking faster than reaching the surface. If Leicester stay up then I will always say that the winning streak pre World Cup was the saving point of the season because nothing else is going right.. 

Faes is the best example of an average player being over hyped.

I was guilty of it and not saying he’s garbage but he’s average when take into account all of his pros/cons.

I’m most disappointed by his lack of mental toughness, I thought he appeared to be a no nonsense leader yet in reality he’s just as mentally weak as the rest.

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I Still believe Faes is a good player. It's making excuses a little bit but the lack of organisation in the team is showing everyone up. Coincidence or not but he's got worse playing with Thomas instead of Justin alongside him.

This :appl:Thomas is week and against Fulham be showed just that. Brendan hasn’t got the balls to make a change. Instead sticks with the same team week in week out. Justin is a big loss but give Cags a few games to see how that works.. but that’ll never happen in the current state.. is Lars, the set piece coach still at the club?

On 10/01/2023 at 22:20, Will1981 said:

wonder who would win in a race Faes or Vestergaard.

he is just too slow and he knows it. Consequently he hangs back a yard or two too much to compensate for this and ends up playing opposition forwards onside. This has  happened several  times since he came here ,im just surprised the scouting team never spotted this before we brought him.

Shocking performance yesterday. Been rewatching the highlights. Twice beaten for a key header, positioning terrible for Forests first and as he tried to cut a passing line in centre mid in the run up to forests second, promptly ran back like a headless chicken Savage like attempting to stay on forests forward as Amartey was on the wrong side of the advancing player.

Not of standard. Panic buy.

33 minutes ago, somebum said:

Shocking performance yesterday. Been rewatching the highlights. Twice beaten for a key header, positioning terrible for Forests first and as he tried to cut a passing line in centre mid in the run up to forests second, promptly ran back like a headless chicken Savage like attempting to stay on forests forward as Amartey was on the wrong side of the advancing player.

Not of standard. Panic buy.

A bit OTT.

Before the WC, we were ALL saying how great he is/was.

He does need an athletic CB partner to make up for his lack of pace but whilst he has been awful, he’s not in the bin pile like a high % of players struggling for us right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A bit OTT.

Before the WC, we were ALL saying how great he is/was.

He does need an athletic CB partner to make up for his lack of pace but whilst he has been awful, he’s not in the bin pile like a high % of players struggling for us right now.

All? I think there's a difference between commenting on form and general ability. I certainly stand by criticism of him concerning the game, he was absolutely awful.

16 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I Still believe Faes is a good player. It's making excuses a little bit but the lack of organisation in the team is showing everyone up. Coincidence or not but he's got worse playing with Thomas instead of Justin alongside him.

Agreed, Wout isn’t the issue here 

27 minutes ago, somebum said:

All? I think there's a difference between commenting on form and general ability. I certainly stand by criticism of him concerning the game, he was absolutely awful.

Aren’t you commenting on ability over form if basing it on the last few matches rather than his entire time at the club?

He had a post calling him a cult hero so yeah, pretty sure there was a lot more noise about how amazing he was so not sure how you can claim that lots were calling him out pre WC?

...this is a massive turnaround!!!

He could do no wrong and now getting torn to shreds on here.

It has been noticeable how much he has changed on the pitch, all the positivity from him and the players around him has gone, and it does make you wonder why.

He now appears to be taking the lead from Amartey, when it was the other way round, he is playing at half his ability and that has to come down to conversations within  the group.

We need him back to his old self, where the players around him were being enthused by his displays and we believed he would not be a person to roll over and give up, not for our team.

Team dynamics are essential,  something has been said.

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Agreed, Wout isn’t the issue here 

I don’t think Faes should get away with anything personally. He’s been as culpable as anybody for the goals we’ve conceded and in some cases, moreso than others.

I’ll praise him when he plays well, but criticise him when he doesn’t. And as I’ve consistently said, the jury’s still out for me.

We know that Anartey epitomises ‘a confidence player’ and during the good run we had, it seemed like Faes was improving Amartey’s play.

But if we have a situation where they have BOTH lost their nerve, we’ll continue to concede goals. We know that Ward isn’t Schmeichel. He won’t sort out his defence.

Very worrying times