Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

The thing about Faes is he is an ok player. Would be a superstar in the championship but perfectly capable in the lower end of the PL. I mean, take Tyrone Mings, he’s had a PL career - I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club. But he is a PL defender. Jamal Lascelles, similar. Faes is of that breed. The problem we have is in defence we’ve been blessed with some real quality since we came up. Morgan & Huth, Maguire & Evans, Fofana, pre- collapse Cags. We forgot what a decent enough defender looks like. He isn’t a bad signing and pretty much on point with the type of player a side in our position would attract. However, he’s not going to fetch 70/80m or lead us to league or a cup win. I think he’ll have a decent career here But at times he will annoy us.

The bigger problem for me is his flaws make it very difficult to justify playing only two Cbs. Perhaps a third in there could compensate for his erratic nature.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing about Faes is he is an ok player. Would be a superstar in the championship but perfectly capable in the lower end of the PL. I mean, take Tyrone Mings, he’s had a PL career - I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club. But he is a PL defender. Jamal Lascelles, similar. Faes is of that breed. The problem we have is in defence we’ve been blessed with some real quality since we came up. Morgan & Huth, Maguire & Evans, Fofana, pre- collapse Cags. We forgot what a decent enough defender looks like. He isn’t a bad signing and pretty much on point with the type of player a side in our position would attract. However, he’s not going to fetch 70/80m or lead us to league or a cup win. I think he’ll have a decent career here But at times he will annoy us.

The bigger problem for me is his flaws make it very difficult to justify playing only two Cbs. Perhaps a third in there could compensate for his erratic nature.

Still think midfield is more of an issue.

A quality DM would make a massive difference, or Ndidi finding form.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yeah, perhaps you’re right. I just think we’ve had such a great run in that position it’s really hitting us hard accepting this. 

Souttar on the other hand, I think could potentially be of that quality 

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

And a striker able to hold the ball up. Kalechi really let us down today, he gave the ball away criminally, and it cost us dearly. 

I do love Kalechi, and most of the time he is an asset, because he is so awkward, but today, his shortcomings just put us under constant pressure.

I’m not worried though, because you’ll get punished by the likes of United if you make these mistakes, I don’t think today was a disaster, just disappointing. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m trying to liken him to Cags when he first joined, I’m hoping there’s enough potential in him to improve and improve his decision making. He’s made some calamitous errors already in his Leicester career, Bournemouth away, 2 OG’s vs Liverpool, today (all just off the top of me head). Some really sloppy passes which then catches him out of position.

My heads firmly in the camp of let’s get through this season, we’ll have a really clear idea of where Wouts at by the end of the season and then the rebuild will determine what level of CB we go for.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, perhaps you’re right. I just think we’ve had such a great run in that position it’s really hitting us hard accepting this. 

Souttar on the other hand, I think could potentially be of that quality 

I just think when you are charging out it because you are doing the midfield job.

Also we have go back to our RB and LB really pushing on, so we need the DM to make us more solid.

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

Oh dear. Come on guys , week with that tackle/forward pass to Nacho for our goal and he was gravy and now he made a mistakes aje he's a poor man's Soyuncu.....:nigel:

Some need to get a grip. First season in the prem, been thrown in as a first choice CB. Give the guy a break....

Mate, he's seriously shite. I don't care much for the soyuncu comparisons. It's nothing first season related, he simply lacks positioning, awareness, and decision making to ever make it as a top defender. Watch Rashfords first goal. Faes gives the ball away with a half arsed pass further up the pitch, the ball comes to Fernandez on the right of midfield, Faes charges out like a headless chicken to win it back leaving Rashford on his own to pick up Fernandez' pass. Just awful schoolboy stuff and if you go over previous goals conceded the common denominator is mostly Faes, charging out to win the ball, leaving gaps, and running back in a panic. To be honest I think we are better of with Amartey that's how bad he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Mate, he's seriously shite. I don't care much for the soyuncu comparisons. It's nothing first season related, he simply lacks positioning, awareness, and decision making to ever make it as a top defender. Watch Rashfords first goal. Faes gives the ball away with a half arsed pass further up the pitch, the ball comes to Fernandez on the right of midfield, Faes charges out like a headless chicken to win it back leaving Rashford on his own to pick up Fernandez' pass. Just awful schoolboy stuff and if you go over previous goals conceded the common denominator is mostly Faes, charging out to win the ball, leaving gaps, and running back in a panic. To be honest I think we are better of with Amartey that's how bad he is.

I was with all of this until you mentioned Amartey.

He’s not good enough with the ball at his feet to strongly be considered as an improvement on Faes.

However, I’d also like to add - what do the coaches do with our defenders before games?

Kane and Rashford are completely different strikers yet there didn’t appear to be any instructions directed to the players on how to react accordingly to this.

48 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I was with all of this until you mentioned Amartey.

He’s not good enough with the ball at his feet to strongly be considered as an improvement on Faes.

However, I’d also like to add - what do the coaches do with our defenders before games?

Kane and Rashford are completely different strikers yet there didn’t appear to be any instructions directed to the players on how to react accordingly to this.

Well the amartey reference was said with slight exaggeration but if it was amartey making these mistakes he wouldn't get such a free pass

13 minutes ago, somebum said:

Well the amartey reference was said with slight exaggeration but if it was amartey making these mistakes he wouldn't get such a free pass

Totally agree and said similar on here recently.

I don’t dislike Faes but he either needs to cut out the errors (he makes so many) or he gets pushed down the pecking order for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, somebum said:

Ok fair enough, but if you weigh up the good stuff Faes does vs the good stuff Amartey does there is a clear winner. The bad stuff vs the bad stuff is closer granted.

• Like 1

It’s simple he needs to improve on his decision making and if he can’t than expect to be replaced by someone better in the summer. Mistakes are all part of the game some will have consequences and lead to goals. How many of these faes concedes should determine his place in the team. Rogers needs to get him under control but not lose the aggressiveness and other positives.

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

FT again run over a cliff, & go OTT on players mistakes & errors….

It really isn't if the discussion is about basic mistakes which indicate his general ability as a defender is not of desired quality. The common reason players make a lot of mistakes is usually that they are not very good.

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

FT again run over a cliff, & go OTT on players mistakes & errors….

Just wild hyperbole all the time.  It didn't used to be like this on here, admins can we get rid of the likes and all that. What are they for anyway? 

Doesn't it just encourage people to be more extreme in their views, post more and more OTT opinions.  Like wanting new owners for example. 

FT is turning into some kind of Daily Mail comments section. Feels

right tory on here sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, somebum said:

It really isn't if the discussion is about basic mistakes which indicate his general ability as a defender is not of desired quality. The common reason players make a lot of mistakes is usually that they are not very good.

He's not made loads of mistakes, he's been our standout best defender in 2023. Ask a coach about those two own goals. It's a freak thing nothing you can do about it.  Souters og was worse in terms of body positioning.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, somebum said:

He’s a young CB,first season in PL & Leicester…

IMHO, having an above average start to his PL career, but still needs honing in on  his mistakes and team building with his b.line teammates…who are from 4, 3 new additions…Takes time…

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

He's not made loads of mistakes, he's been our standout best defender in 2023. Ask a coach about those two own goals. It's a freak thing nothing you can do about it.  Souters og was worse in terms of body positioning.

Faes hasn’t made a lot of mistakes?

Also, being named our best defender in 2023 when conceding goals like we have is hardly a great accolade.

Faes sadly makes mistakes on a regular basis during games and has probably made more high profile ones that Amartey in the same number of minutes played but doesn’t get half the criticism that he gets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Totally agree and said similar on here recently.

I don’t dislike Faes but he either needs to cut out the errors (he makes so many) or he gets pushed down the pecking order for me.

Not a half season in the PL & Leicester…Young CB,growing in his position,

Bline teammates need to grow together..including himself, 3 from 4, new to club.

I bet your misses loves you, Saturday love making, and she can go shopping early.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Not a half season in the PL & Leicester…Young CB,growing in his position,

Bline teammates need to grow together..including himself, 3 from 4, new to club.

I bet your misses loves you, Saturday love making, and she can go shopping early.

WTF.

Why has your comment gone personal?

I normally find your comments quite amusing but back off with the personal comments.

Faes is an international footballer who would accept someone questioning some of his on field decisions, so please don’t come at me again with that type of message.

• Like 1