Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No, I don’t think that’s fair. Look, im all for criticising Rodgers and his coaches - there’s plenty in terms of style that I don’t agree with but it all can’t be his fault. 

Faes is 24 years old. International footballer.

How can  coaching lead to him smashing the ball into the middle of the park which gives it away AND then him choosing to rush out (to no one by the way) and leaving us exposed. He is an erratic player - he makes a mistake and immediately wants to make amends - which is not always a good thing as we saw yesterday. Faes has a lot of qualities but his flaws can lead to clangers. 

It be great if we can coach it out of him but you can’t point fingers at Rodgers and his coaches here. 

You see,I can agree with you,but these are steps some players unwiitingly have to go through & like you indicate Rodgers/coaches can’t  play the game for them…

Faes will learn and improve. He also deserves some slack for his errors until he’s in a settled partnership. 

He’s made some incredibly costly errors but I do love that he’s not afraid to play against any opposition. He tries to make plays and I can’t fault anyone for putting in effort. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's a David Luiz tribute act, right down to the hairstyle. One week you'll get a 9/10 performance. Next week you'll get 3/10. What we really need is a couple of CBs that will consistently give you 7/10:performances. Until then we'll carry on conceding at a rate of 2 per game.

Facts. He's the Aldi David Luiz. Right down to the appearance. As you said he'll give you a 9/10 one week then drop a 2/10 the following week. Inconsistent and unreliable. I'd genuinely rather have Amartey who'll give you expected 5/10 most weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No, I don’t think that’s fair. Look, im all for criticising Rodgers and his coaches - there’s plenty in terms of style that I don’t agree with but it all can’t be his fault. 

Faes is 24 years old. International footballer.

How can  coaching lead to him smashing the ball into the middle of the park which gives it away AND then him choosing to rush out (to no one by the way) and leaving us exposed. He is an erratic player - he makes a mistake and immediately wants to make amends - which is not always a good thing as we saw yesterday. Faes has a lot of qualities but his flaws can lead to clangers. 

It be great if we can coach it out of him but you can’t point fingers at Rodgers and his coaches here. 

...I  understand what you are saying and you cannot continue to see the same flaws week and week  out, without bringing it to his attention!!!

Once you see him do something so erratic, you draw his attention to it and work on it. If he has always played in this way, then he does not know any different.  If you pull him up for it and it continues to happen,  you are never going to eradicate it from his game. That would be the time to cut our losses.

Something as fundamental as this needs to be addressed wether it is on the training pith or pulling to one side and telling him to cut it out. Not doing anything does not improve the player or us.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Facts. He's the Aldi David Luiz. Right down to the appearance. As you said he'll give you a 9/10 one week then drop a 2/10 the following week. Inconsistent and unreliable. I'd genuinely rather have Amartey who'll give you expected 5/10 most weeks

Steady on now! And I say that as a Big Dan fan.

25 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Your incessant sanctimony and smugness is worse than anything that you feel the need to constantly call out on this forum. 

Open the door to OTT critic. Ijust throw in another perspective…

If getting a 6 hit back over your head is smugness, & sanctimony so be it..

Therere different sides to opinions,ideas, grinding continually on a person,

sometimes,even often I will throw in a googly…but we are all British/Uk on this forum, so if people want to be aggressive in their negativity, I like you ,have the right to show the cruel opposite, and like others lambast, I will crossswords with

beil,toxic consistent calling out ,how bad a player /someone is.

We all stick our heads in the stocks in POV,then expect & accept the shit that’s being thrown..I never take anything,nothing nada on FT or any other sport orientated forum personally,it’s like being with a bunch of mates,that exchange

the cruellest of throw away remarks,then the subject at hand.

In all this the hardest of heartfelt critic I can understand,but when in my view and for some others it goes too far,  the perpetrator opened the door ,one has to accept hard shots in return…Or the hardenned sarcasm.

Jesus you can shoot me down anytime…I am not breakable…but one can turn me. The world offers new days with every dawn..flexability is my middle name

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Faes will learn and improve. He also deserves some slack for his errors until he’s in a settled partnership. 

He’s made some incredibly costly errors but I do love that he’s not afraid to play against any opposition. He tries to make plays and I can’t fault anyone for putting in effort. 

Agree, what I do like,he doesn’t seem to have a panic button…

When Maddison was finding his way back,he said he was too often making 

( for himself) too many errors and adjustments,but knew with hard ground work it will come, he too doesn’t have a panic button..

Holdback on the repetative grinding critic & see how every single players situation

will develope…That’s all I want to see from within the forum…

I never find the observation on errors or mistake wrong,but there are lines IMO,where one doesn’t have to go into grinding OTT mode…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  understand what you are saying and you cannot continue to see the same flaws week and week  out, without bringing it to his attention!!!

Once you see him do something so erratic, you draw his attention to it and work on it. If he has always played in this way, then he does not know any different.  If you pull him up for it and it continues to happen,  you are never going to eradicate it from his game. That would be the time to cut our losses.

Something as fundamental as this needs to be addressed wether it is on the training pith or pulling to one side and telling him to cut it out. Not doing anything does not improve the player or us.

But we dont know that nothing is being said - football clubs up and down the country today are carrying out an analysis of their games. 

The other thing about Faes is you also need to be careful about coaching it out of his game. I mean against Spurs he rushed out, won the ball and subsequently set Kel free to set up Maddison - that's when it works really well. You dont want to lose that. That was probably his intention on Sunday - the decision making and execution was poor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You defend as a unit, a CB steps out of defence and makes one bad pass should leave you wide open. 

Soutter or the LB has to be on the cover when he steps out. 

We concede goals because we aren't good enough as a defensive unit or team when we don't have the ball.

Players are going to make errors, but other players have to spot the danger and cover for those errors. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Once things calm down I’ll watch this game again as I was struggling initially with a dodgy stream. anyway I do like the positive qualities of Faes. Like you all I don’t want to take the beast as this team needs aggression. He just needs to be taught to think more and make smarter decisions in relation to the moment, his position, his team mates, the score line and the entire game. It’s not easy to consider all that within a few seconds but if he wants to be elite and get paid the big bucks that’s whAt it takes. I’m quietly confident he can be coached into a smarter better player rather than another side show Bob.

• Brave … but rash.
  • Strong mentality … but reacts to crises in the moment by losing his head.
  • Has the skills - and brains - to play the ball or make a great pass … yet unable to position himself intelligently.
  • Makes the memorable, did-he-actually-do-that game changing play … to win one game, then throw away the next.

He’s almost schizo as a player, a chimera of extreme risk and reward.

It’s no wonder, all of us making pretty much the same observations won’t stop us arguing about him.  Or stop him making lots of very colorful plays to argue about.

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Not a half season in the PL & Leicester…Young CB,growing in his position,

Bline teammates need to grow together..including himself, 3 from 4, new to club.

I bet your misses loves you, Saturday love making, and she can go shopping early.

Childish comment

1 hour ago, KingsX said:
  • Brave … but rash.
  • Strong mentality … but reacts to crises in the moment by losing his head.
  • Has the skills - and brains - to play the ball or make a great pass … yet unable to position himself intelligently.
  • Makes the memorable, did-he-actually-do-that game changing play … to win one game, then throw away the next.

He’s almost schizo as a player, a chimera of extreme risk and reward.

It’s no wonder, all of us making pretty much the same observations won’t stop us arguing about him.  Or stop him making lots of very colorful plays to argue about.

So in other words, he is basically Soyuncu but instead of the insurmountable maverick genius -> unpredictable liability transformation taking a couple of seasons he's managed it in the space of about five months

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its unfortunate because he's had such a tough act to follow in Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu but I just don't think he's anything more than a mid table player at best. He's not the player we should be relying on to get back to where we were 2 years ago.

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its unfortunate because he's had such a tough act to follow in Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu but I just don't think he's anything more than a mid table player at best. He's not the player we should be relying on to get back to where we were 2 years ago.

Midtable is exactly what we are aiming for at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Faes and Souttar cannot play a high line. Keep getting caught out when they’re near the half way line.

Faes wanders off AGAIN.

Watch the goal back (ideally from Ward’s view) and he’s wandering into no man’s land.

Adams should be his man with Souttar the “sweeper”.

Souttar doesn’t cover himself in glory but Faes has to be picking up Adam’s in that situation.

He’s bang average and dropped more clangers than Cags did in 3 seasons.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
On 01/03/2023 at 09:32, Babylon said:

Midtable is exactly what we are aiming for at the moment. 

Oh dear. I thought so too…