Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Just now, MPH said:

so how do you explain those games when he first signed for us?

he was brilliant.  If he’s crap, how could he play so well. It doesn’t make sense.

I can’t explain that mate, but let’s be honest. He’s not very good. He’s been bad more often than he has good.

Could be similar to ‘new manager bounce’. Turned up, team had a few good games, played well in a winning team against nobody particularly good. Even Ward looked okay for a few weeks.

I’m not just disagreeing for the sake of it, I’d much prefer he was decent, I just don’t see it. 

He's had good games and he's had god fxxking awful ones.

The thing I don't get is why we're playing a high line with that central pairing. It's like what we saw when Ranieri tried playing Huth and Morgan in a high line in his second season. You get violated.

Just now, MPH said:

so how do you explain those games when he first signed for us?

he was brilliant.  If he’s crap, how could he play so well. It doesn’t make sense.

He had a couple of good games granted but brilliant? Really? And those good games were after some howlers in the first place.

He is a bad defender, he will struggle in the Championship due to his lack of positioning and pace.

I have no idea why people still defend him. Use your eyes and you can how bad he is.  He will not come good as he does not have the athleticism required for a top quality defender.

• Like 2

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

He had a couple of good games granted but brilliant? Really? And those good games were after some howlers in the first place.

He is a bad defender, he will struggle in the Championship due to his lack of positioning and pace.

I have no idea why people still defend him. Use your eyes and you can how bad he is.  He will not come good as he does not have the athleticism required for a top quality defender.

yes, really. And Belgium are still ranked 4 in the world so to be in and around their squad will give an indication that he’s not a bad defender. He’s no Maldini, but he’s not  a bad defender either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, MPH said:

yes, really. And Belgium are still ranked 4 in the world so to be in and around their squad will give an indication that he’s not a bad defender. He’s no Maldini, but he’s not  a bad defender either.

He also couldn’t dislodge 3x 40 year olds in Alderweireld, Vermaelen and Vertonghen 👀

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Stop straw clutching and just look at the performances from him. He is a weak link in a side full of weak links.

You are usually quite rational in your assessments. What are you seeing that no one else does?

He has been the worst player in the side since the resumption in December and is getting worse. Teams have figured him out and that is why we keep getting done by balls over the top.

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Stop straw clutching and just look at the performances from him. He is a weak link in a side full of weak links.

You are usually quite rational in your assessments. What are you seeing that no one else does?

He has been the worst player in the side since the resumption in December and is getting worse. Teams have figured him out and that is why we keep getting done by balls over the top.

stop suddenly saying he’s turned into. Bad player.  

he’s had some bad games but it’s such a poisonous atmosphere right now and there’s so much wrong at the club then it’s going to bring players down. I don’t understand why people can’t see that what is going on is going to effect the players.

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

stop suddenly saying he’s turned into. Bad player.  

he’s had some bad games but it’s such a poisonous atmosphere right now and there’s so much wrong at the club then it’s going to bring players down. I don’t understand why people can’t see that what is going on is going to effect the players.

No sudden reaction from me. Have seen it from the start. He gets done by moderate pace every game and it is costing us as much as the Muppet in goal. He cost £15m. He is barely a championship defender let alone a Premier defender.

But whatever. He has great hair doesn't he so we should just get off his back...

Strange to see the Faes and Amartey threads full of criticism while Souttar gets nowhere near the same criticism as he's the shiny new toy, despite the fact Souttar was probably the worst of the 3 today and just let Havertz stroll away from him completely unaware of where he was for the 2nd.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Strange to see the Faes and Amartey threads full of criticism while Souttar gets nowhere near the same criticism as he's the shiny new toy, despite the fact Souttar was probably the worst of the 3 today and just let Havertz stroll away from him completely unaware of where he was for the 2nd.

They were all woeful but this isn’t new for Amartey.

Souttar is average to good but playing in a high line which you’d argue isn’t his strength.

Faes of the three is supposedly the leader and makes regular school boy errors.

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

There is no way Souttar was the worst of the 3. No way in hell! 

Amartey was abysmal as usual, kept giving the ball away. Faes just doesn't know when to be aggressive and when to read the play. He's on constant 'dive in mode' 

Souttar, yes OK he wasn't amazing but most of the time he did the simple things right. Where as the other two just don't. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I can’t explain that mate, but let’s be honest. He’s not very good. He’s been bad more often than he has good.

Could be similar to ‘new manager bounce’. Turned up, team had a few good games, played well in a winning team against nobody particularly good. Even Ward looked okay for a few weeks.

I’m not just disagreeing for the sake of it, I’d much prefer he was decent, I just don’t see it. 

This is what happens when you sell £70m defenders and expect £15m to replace them  all the time eventually your luck runs out 

• Like 1