Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

2 hours ago, MPH said:

so how do you explain those games when he first signed for us?

he was brilliant.  If he’s crap, how could he play so well. It doesn’t make sense.

remember Zsolt Lackzo's first game? Shit players can have incredible games.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

remember Zsolt Lackzo's first game? Shit players can have incredible games.

id actually argue that Faes wasn’t that good in his first game. Conceded 6 goals didn’t we? Besides, Faes played well over an extended time, wasn’t just a ‘ one hit wonder’. 

He’s just a Belgian Poundland Soyuncu really. He’s rash and he’s lucky to have not seen red before. 

I will say though, when you see some the of decisions that haven’t gone our way this season, it feels like we just aren’t getting the run of the green at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He’s just a Belgian Poundland Soyuncu really. He’s rash and he’s lucky to have not seen red before. 

I will say though, when you see some the of decisions that haven’t gone our way this season, it feels like we just aren’t getting the run of the green at the moment. 

That's maybe because we haven't rubbed it yet..... 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, MPH said:

id actually argue that Faes wasn’t that good in his first game. Conceded 6 goals didn’t we? Besides, Faes played well over an extended time, wasn’t just a ‘ one hit wonder’. 

Yes we conceded 6 goals, but remember.. plenty on here posted that he’d had a great debut!

😂 I’m sorry, I’m finding this all a little incredulous tonight..

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Yes we conceded 6 goals, but remember.. plenty on here posted that he’d had a great debut!

People said he wasn't that bad on his debut. Nobody said he was great.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

personally I think some on here are just venting their anger. Yes he got sent off and he’s not played great recently.. but who has? And to believe Amartey is practically hero worshipped. Faes played very well for a time and I can’t help but think he’d do the same under a new manager. It’s like the desire and fight has been coached out of him..

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, MPH said:

personally I think some on here are just venting their anger. Yes he got sent off and he’s not played great recently.. but who has? And to believe Amartey is practically hero worshipped. Faes played very well for a time and I can’t help but think he’d do the same under a new manager. It’s like the desire and fight has been coached out of him..

Amartey is definitely cult worshipped, for some reason only known to those invested in the process.

I was having this conversation earlier with my lad and neither of us were sure of the answer.. is the problem now ALL Rodgers (as FT would now have us to believe) or are a number of the players (his own signings by the way), just duffers who another manager would do no better with?

We were torn regarding the answer.

What we DID agree is that if Top is gonna plug the plug, it’d better be quick.

Edited by Col city fan

The pre world cup form definitely looking like the exception rather than the rule, though I apply this to virtually everybody - we're the worst coached team in the league, I'll only fully cast aside the newer lot when they've actually had a manager. Obviously with Tete there's the danger we don't have the time.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey is definitely cult worshipped, for some reason only known to those invested in the process.

I was having this conversation earlier with my lad and neither of us were sure of the answer.. is the problem now ALL Rodgers (as FT would now have us to believe) or are a number of the players (his own signings by the way), just duffers who another manager would do no better with?

We were torn regarding the answer.

What we DID agree is that if Top is gonna plug the plug, it’d better be quick.

Big dan is prised for his commitmemt and effort.  He does whstever he is asked to do.  He is sometimes careless with the ball but hard to get past.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

He is not Fofana.

Maybe time to give Soyuncu another chance. Evans is another class though so with him coming back hopefully we will get much better.

Now with time, you can see why Evans is so much better. His positioning and danger awareness is at another level. Faes as someone said is too often out of position without being aware what is going on around him. Souttar is better but Faes has let him down and unlike Evans he has not been able to smell the danger early enough to cover. Evans on the other hand has this extra sensor that detects when his own teammates are about to be out of position and covers accordingly.  So many times we get caught out by passes over the top or through the middle with no one sensing the danger early enough (except for Mendy and sometimes Ricardo but they are CM and RB respectively so they can only cover so much).

The worldclass players have this extra sensor with them that unfortunately so far Faes does not have yet (hope he can develop some in future).

Edited by Tom12345

Not sure I see enough of a player in there.

I said this a few weeks ago but he has this bizarre urge to go for the ball at every opportunity when sometimes the best decision would be to hold your position.

We played the formation that probably suited his style a bit more yesterday and he was still garbage. Looking forward to having him out for a game to see if Souttar looks better without him. 

Usual caveat that it's difficult to judge players in this mess of a team and he's hardly the only one to have turned shit after a promising start, but I'm not convinced he's anywhere near quick or intelligent enough to get away with being as aggressive as he is. Looked fine constantly stepping out against Spurs because Kane is a slug - against anyone with even a modicum of pace he gets exposed again and again. Granted Havertz is no slouch but Faes made him look like Usain Bolt on fast forward.

Stupid tackle to make on a booking as well. I know some people love the Roy Keane style smash someone to show you've got PASHUN but all it actually accomplished was ensuring that at Brentford we've got to either start Amartey again or hope that against all odds Jonny Evans doesn't crumble to dust. 

Him and Christensen cost £30m combined. We're not Chelsea who can just casually waste that kinda money. Add Daka and Soumare to that and you can see why we're in the state we are.

Edited by Koke