Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

When there was YouTube videos of wout he looked quite decent and I would put in an argument that he is much better than amartey. Trouble is it looks like he needs the right team next to him, he’s built up a great partnership with Harry S and victor who is a massive loss at the moment. 

it makes me laugh people saying he conceded 6 at spurs, how can he be expected to be thrown into a team in turmoil and plummeting and expected to turn it around in 1 game. I thought he had a decent debut as he wouldn’t be afraid to run forward with the ball and pick out a good pass. That may have drained out of him with Brendan ball and tactics, however deep inside there i believe he shouldn’t be written off so quick. He had a great pre World Cup, faltered afterwards but he’s still one of the best in the team.. show him some love, get a song going for him and grow his confidence! It’s what they all need at this moment.. 

He is full of effort and aggression but he is all over the place positionally. He needs to calm down a bit a concentrate on working as a unit with the back 4. Because he is so aggressive he gets pulled out of position all the time. A good coach would rectify this or drop him.

7 minutes ago, tetly said:

He is full of effort and aggression but he is all over the place positionally. He needs to calm down a bit a concentrate on working as a unit with the back 4. Because he is so aggressive he gets pulled out of position all the time. A good coach would rectify this or drop him.

A good coach would rectify this, exactly.. playing with aggression is the type of player you need in a team, not drop him. Id be gutted if they bought back evans and dropped wout, especially the uncertainty of evans future.. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

A good coach would rectify this, exactly.. playing with aggression is the type of player you need in a team, not drop him. Id be gutted if they bought back evans and dropped wout, especially the uncertainty of evans future.. 

We’ve got no choice. Faes is banned for Brentford. Evans has to play, otherwise we are looking at relying on Danny Amartey. We all know Soyuncu should be playing but  Rodgers’ personal spat with him will, alongside the manager’s obsession with Danny Ward, be a key factor in what is looking like relegation for us this season. We might even finish bottom at this rate. 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

We’ve got no choice. Faes is banned for Brentford. Evans has to play, otherwise we are looking at relying on Danny Amartey. We all know Soyuncu should be playing but  Rodgers’ personal spat with him will, alongside the manager’s obsession with Danny Ward, be a key factor in what is looking like relegation for us this season. We might even finish bottom at this rate. 

Of course yes the red card, but going forward 3 games not to then keep wout on the bench. You never know, it might actually do him good and get him thinking but straight back in the team when he’s available.. 

6 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Of course yes the red card, but going forward 3 games not to then keep wout on the bench. You never know, it might actually do him good and get him thinking but straight back in the team when he’s available.. 

2 yellows is only a 1 game ban.

22 hours ago, sm1 said:

It's called the Brendan Rodgers effect. Players come in full of confidence, desperate to impress and then they meet Rodgers. Eventually they end up being complete bomb scares, playing backwards negative football. 

It's happened too many times to be a conicidence.

• Like 3

On 12/03/2023 at 12:57, tetly said:

...yes a good coach would, so why haven't they!!!

It is such an easy fix, his inexplicable dart to get involved in a situation that did not warrant his input and leaving Rashford on his own without cover was unbelievable. This is coachable, we just do not have the people in place capable of eradicating this flaw.

Dragging him out of the team and making him a scapegoat helps no-one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yes a good coach would, so why haven't they!!!

It is such an easy fix, his inexplicable dart to get involved in a situation that did not warrant his input and leaving Rashford on his own without cover was unbelievable. This is coachable, we just do not have the people in place capable of eradicating this flaw.

Dragging him out of the team and making him a scapegoat helps no-one.

I don’t know if it’s as coachable as suggested.

He clearly plays in an aggressive/front footed manner but the problem for me is his lack of recovery pace for it to be a solid strength.

I know some on here rave about when it works aka against Kane that one time but for every positive example there are at least 4/5 negative ones.

I think he’s just a bit rash and average if being honest.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I don’t know if it’s as coachable as suggested.

He clearly plays in an aggressive/front footed manner but the problem for me is his lack of recovery pace for it to be a solid strength.

I know some on here raves about when it works aka against Kane that one time but for every positive example there are at least 4/5 negative ones.

I think he’s just a bit rash and average if being honest.

...Cags was the same, coming through attackers from the back, that was taken out of his game!!!

It can be done, we either do not believe it is worth our time in correcting this or we do not see it as something to be addressed. 

• Like 1

At his age , what you see is what you get. He will continue to get booked but balanced against that is he is aggressive and tough and opposition strikers will not like that. If we were looking for a footballing CB , he is not the answer but as part of a balanced defense he will do nicely. Jonny is 36 next birthday and we need a replacement who can show at least something of the great man's subtlety and footballing brain.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Cags was the same, coming through attackers from the back, that was taken out of his game!!!

It can be done, we either do not believe it is worth our time in correcting this or we do not see it as something to be addressed. 

I’m not disagreeing about Cags but he gets all sorts of abuse on here even though I’m pretty sure he’s the better player between the two.

It’s their natural instinct to be aggressive but with strikers being smarter than ever, VAR meaning you can’t get away with things like back in the day, not sure that I want a rash/aggressive CB.

Think of someone like VVD, he doesn’t get bullied but has an air of confidence regardless of who he’s up against, hate to admit it, everything that Fofana had.

For me, that’s the type of modern day CB that we should be looking for, obviously the unfinished/rough diamond type as otherwise they’re way out of our budget.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

top quality centre back, Belgium raving about him after 2 colossal performances. Get rid of the fraud Rodgers and you will see just how good he actually is

We’ll never see how good he actually is until he’s in a settled back four free from Ward, injuries, change, a terrible midfield sat in front and finally Brendan Rodgers.

could it also be that he was bang up for it the past two internationals? Total concentration.

Because for us he has been shaky and error-ridden  at times, there’s no denying that!

14 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

top quality centre back, Belgium raving about him after 2 colossal performances. Get rid of the fraud Rodgers and you will see just how good he actually is

0-3 away in Sweden, and 2-3 away in Germany by the way, so it’s not Moldova and San Marino. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

0-3 away in Sweden, and 2-3 away in Germany by the way, so it’s not Moldova and San Marino. 

The PL is still a different order of things however Rodgers's hopeless defensive tactics will undermine most CBs. Only Jonny seems to overcome his inexplicable ideas. Wout like Dan and even Jannik are hamstrung by them. Caglar I think has personal problems with him. I thought our new defensive coach would take reponsibility but then Rodgers is a control freak so it hasn't happened.

Edited by An Sionnach

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He's a good player and glad he has got recognition for his 2 first international games. I presume Belgium didn't play the high line that Wout has had to content with for us, as its this that exposes his pace.  

The second goal Belgium conceded looked a lot like a goal we give tbh.

Faes dives in overly aggressive, opposition pop the ball in the space behind him and the defending full back has a foot race to recover. 

There’s a player in Faes but it needs properly coaching 

• Like 1

Faes, and Soyuncu for that matter, are what Rodgers wants from at least one of his centre backs, agressive and forward thinking. But when he's in poor form he gets it wrong too often and we don't have the pace to recover. 

Understated that Faes started with Justin at left back and I think they started well together. 

• Like 1