Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...do you remember the argument Ndidi was having with Danny Ward!!!

That was to do with the ball coming to him (Ward) on his wrong foot and at pace.  You sort that out before you go out on the pitch. It is drilled into the outfield players to have the ball going to your keepers best foot. You mitigate the weakness by ensuring that players do not continue to replicate the same errors.

Rushing out to make a challenge he has no hope of winning (Faes) is nonsense, you teach him how to read the play and to hold his position, or he ensure someone is going to cover him, if he tries to anticipate and get beaten.

When he first turned up, him and Amartey were dovetailing,  covering each other, they seemed a lot more solid then. Something changed, that camaraderie went, no more fist bumping,  You cannot watch the same things happening over and over and see spending more money as the answer to the problem. Work with what you have, just help them to work together better.

You have to be a poor coach if you cannot be excited to make these players better than the sum of their parts.

This. Exactly this. 

Poor coaching combined with brain dead players. We’ve seen defensive issues for 18 months now. Perhaps longer. The coaching is shockingly bad. Wout Faes is below average for this league and will continually make brain dead mistakes but our issues go further.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KFS said:

I know you’re not necessarily advocating for that but it’s a horrible idea. I’d rather the off form Tete in there than Castagne anywhere near the 11 at the moment 

Yep, not advocating for it. Just wouldn’t be surprised given that’s the team was set up in the friendlies. 

11 hours ago, KFS said:

I know you’re not necessarily advocating for that but it’s a horrible idea. I’d rather the off form Tete in there than Castagne anywhere near the 11 at the moment 

Very harsh on Castagne. He’s been nowhere near our worst player this season and he’s been excellent at left back since VK got injured. 

• Like 4

On 04/10/2022 at 13:05, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Overall looks capable and handy but will be found out against better teams with his positional play.  There has already been a few occasions in 2 games where he has played the last man onside.  Think it may be a pace thing but if they had not hit the post rather than scoring from the first opportunity he gave them then we could have been looking at a much different game.

I think you haven’t seen his last two games for the Belgian

National team, last week against Sweden and Germany

he was a rock….👏👏, …

• Like 1

Just now, hfaes said:

I think you haven’t seen his last two games for the Belgian

National team, last week against Sweden and Germany

he was a rock….👏👏, …now we have a new national coach who gave him the chance, we saw an outstanding defender….and ofcourse we won

On 29/03/2023 at 16:39, BKLFox said:

Rodgers not good enough for Faes but Faes gets his 1st International call ups whilst playing under Rodgers :dunno:

That’s because we have a new smart coach for our national team, Martinez had his little Chouchous and didn’t gave chances to young players, Wout has played last week two very good international games….

Edited by hfaes

14 hours ago, steveb said:

Somebody can`t spell "cult" , the man is 10 braincells short of a brain, a very small brain, like everyone i raved after his first game, since them he`s as big a liaibity as Brexit

13 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Late strip change to red and black so he thinks he’s playing for Belgium then

@steveb , if you insult Wout I have the right to insult you, where is your brain, somewhere down???  WOUT is very intelligent and I can know…😤

Edited by hfaes
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

No, he played in a good team with a good new coach…..finally a new coach….and yes that was a BELGIAN  team….

On 29/03/2023 at 23:40, Mickyblueeyes said:

This. Exactly this. 

Poor coaching combined with brain dead players. We’ve seen defensive issues for 18 months now. Perhaps longer. The coaching is shockingly bad. Wout Faes is below average for this league and will continually make brain dead mistakes but our issues go further.

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

T

42 minutes ago, hfaes said:

No, he played in a good team with a good new coach…..finally a new coach….and yes that was a BELGIAN  team….

43 minutes ago, hfaes said:

And you forget one color in the Belgian team….smart

11 minutes ago, hfaes said:

The question one should ask is, why he was soooooo good in Reims  (France Worldchampion), they know which players to buy in their clubs) why he is so good in the Belgian team, also as a youngster, look it up. Why he was so good the first matches with LEICESTER..’. That’s the question you should ask and answer….People with their braincells high not down, should ask that question and analyse it….

Edited by hfaes
m

21 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Time to Faes to stand up today and lead that back 4. Come on Wout you big b****rd… be that rock we all know you can be

So, the Bad results of Leicester are due to Wout….. how about the other 10, why was he so good in the beginning at Leicester, and elsewhere, I think Leicester should look in their own breast…..can’t It be the mentality of the team has contaminated him….

what i read here make me think he should have gone to Fiorentina….or that other italian  club….

1 hour ago, hfaes said:

So, the Bad results of Leicester are due to Wout….. how about the other 10, why was he so good in the beginning at Leicester, and elsewhere, I think Leicester should look in their own breast…..can’t It be the mentality of the team has contaminated him….

what i read here make me think he should have gone to Fiorentina….or that other italian  club….

What on earth are you waffling about. It was a rallying cry to him you plonker 😂😂😂

• Like 1