Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not good enough, but I think any centre halves are damned in this side, we have the worst midfield structure of any team I've ever seen at this level.

Honestly never seen anything like it, it’s the reason we are done.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not good enough, but I think any centre halves are damned in this side, we have the worst midfield structure of any team I've ever seen at this level.

I think this has been our issue all season. Our midfielders have made so many errors and exposed our defence all the time. I think Faes has been okay all season and isn't the issue imo when he's been left exposed all the time. 

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly never seen anything like it, it’s the reason we are done.

6 hours ago, shailen said:

I think this has been our issue all season. Our midfielders have made so many errors and exposed our defence all the time. I think Faes has been okay all season and isn't the issue imo when he's been left exposed all the time. 

A lot of last season too. Ndidi was colossal at one point but ever since he's dropped off we've been a shambles. I think it's quite telling how many think Mendy should walk into this team - a player we didn't even register at the start of last season (who for me, doesn't really address this issue either).

Our structure off the ball is simply appalling. Smith's biggest failing is that he hasn't addressed this in the slightest, he's just tried to fight fire with fire. If he does that in the next two games I'm not exaggerating when I say we could let in about 15 goals in them.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’ll do well in championship if he stays 

I actually think he won’t. His duel numbers are atrocious and he gets beaten in the air the most of all our center halves 

• Like 3

Will leave, maybe on loan next season, and have a decent career in Europe. He has his own problems but looks likes he's just gave up with those around him and got gradually worse. Used to shout at people and try to organise but doesn't even bother with that anymore. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Will leave, maybe on loan next season, and have a decent career in Europe. He has his own problems but looks likes he's just gave up with those around him and got gradually worse. Used to shout at people and try to organise but doesn't even bother with that anymore. 

I agree, he’s not up to playing English football. The championship is far more scrappy and physical he won’t stand a chance.

I’m not one to quickly write players off but he simply is not cut out for the PL. As I’ve said before he has this bizarre tendency to try and always win the ball back, when sometimes the best thing to do is stand firm. The amount of errors he’s made, and the amount of times he’s been the last defender playing someone onside just tells me he doesn’t have a footballing brain.