Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Thought we'd found a gem during that run before the World Cup, was aggressive in a controlled way and seemed to have a reasonable head on his shoulders. But he's just shite isn't he?

The clue's in his surname - just insert 'ce' before the 's' to get the answer!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Master Fox said:

I can imagine Brendan used to pick up his post game dirty underwear and laundry and sniff them. Brendan probably got a signed Faes shirt from the Liverpool away game and a tuft of his hair above his bed. 

welcome back!!!

I just want to slap him now when I see his face and that stupid hair! When he first joined he was like a breath of fresh air some said Cags 2.0

now he’s just like every other side show Bob that’s played sand failed at other clubs. Do they clone these guys somewhere?

he started the collapse yesterday!

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not going to make any judgements on him until we get a new manager in place, and a load of new players in the championship.

They all look total and utter shit and we know they are capable of more. He could have just been sucked into our level of shitness. 

Personally can’t see him staying. He’s picked up caps for Belgium in recent months and can see that being enough to tempt a team from France, Germany, Italy or Spain to come in for him. 

Shocked how bad he is. Thought he looked like a decent signing for reasonable money, considering he was on the fringes of being a Belgium international. Started great and I thought wow, we have unearthed another gem just when we needed it...

Well... I would now be concerned if he is playing for us in the Championship. That is how far my opinion on him has dropped. 

Most annoyingly, is him throwing his arms around at everyone around him, when it is more often that not, his bloody fault! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Shocked how bad he is. Thought he looked like a decent signing for reasonable money, considering he was on the fringes of being a Belgium international. Started great and I thought wow, we have unearthed another gem just when we needed it...

Well... I would now be concerned if he is playing for us in the Championship. That is how far my opinion on him has dropped. 

Most annoyingly, is him throwing his arms around at everyone around him, when it is more often that not, his bloody fault! 

Couldn't agree more

Guest Col city fan

This thread really is a diamond. 
It shows the importance I guess of not judging players too soon.

I still can’t get over the fact that a number of posters saw Faes as a ‘quality signing’ having literally just conceded 6 goals to Spurs.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

This thread really is a diamond. 
It shows the importance I guess of not judging players too soon.

I still can’t get over the fact that a number of posters saw Faes as a ‘quality signing’ having literally just conceded 6 goals to Spurs.

I can definitely find a post from you bigging him up at some point, you also bigged up Kristiansen after a handful of games so we all do it (especially this season with how shite it's been)

Edited by Tommy Fresh

• 2 months later...

thought he looked solid yesterday against admittedly a weak team. hope Enzo can get his confidence back up to the levels of pre World Cup. I do think he could end up being the better option at Centre-CB although that sounds unfair on Coady but he certainly won't be able to cover the amount of ground Faes can. We'll see.

16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

thought he looked solid yesterday against admittedly a weak team. hope Enzo can get his confidence back up to the levels of pre World Cup. I do think he could end up being the better option at Centre-CB although that sounds unfair on Coady but he certainly won't be able to cover the amount of ground Faes can. We'll see.

Faes has got the pace to recover sure, but he's constantly having to recover because his awareness or positioning isn't right. Ultimately that's why he's here and not at a top half prem club but at the moment I think he needs that experienced CB alongside him, which is hopefully Coady