Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

49 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I agree with you re: Coady, but find it so odd that Faes needs that. By all accounts he was a big leader for Reims, and wasn't he even their captain? That was one of the big attributes he was supposed to bring, but I've yet to see those leadership qualities in him.

His leadership qualities amount to throwing his arms up in the air every time we concede, even when he is solely to blame! 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some rather poor moments from Faes tonight when it came anticipating when to step up to head a ball

Sometimes he was just letting it bounce first and then going for it which let the Tranmere striker have a chance to close the space and compete for it 

• 2 weeks later...

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-star-admits-transfer-discussions-believes-may-right-place/

Leicester City star admits to transfer discussions – But believes he may be in right place after all

Leicester City defender Wout Faes has admitted he held discussions about a move away this summer, but ultimately decided against it.

The centre-back has been speaking to Humo regarding his situation at Leicester and their relegation from the Championship last season.

The defender joined the Foxes late in the summer last year after they sold Wesley Fofana to Chelsea and was immediately thrown in to the deep end by then manager Brendan Rodgers.

He endured something of a rocky start to life at the club but eventually picked up and ended up as one of Leicester’s better performers in an otherwise disastrous campaign.

That meant there were likely suitors for him in the summer window, with several of the Foxes’ bigger name players, such as James Maddison, Harvey Barnes and Youri Tielemans, all heading for pastures new.

Faes elected to stay where he was but admits there were discussions about a possible move away from the King Power.

“There have been discussions,” he said.

“But there was also no point in choosing a club where I would sit on the bench. That would have been detrimental to my position with the national team.”

The focus for Faes and his teammates is now on securing a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

That’s a task they’re seemingly keen to accomplish, with a flying start to life under Enzo Maresca seeing them with four of their first five games and take 12 points from 15 so far.

They’re currently joint second in the Championship and just a point off leaders Preston, a position many are confident they will maintain or improve on in the coming months.

That is certainly the aim for the club and Faes admits he thinks a season of competing for a title with Leicester may end up being more beneficial than mid-table in the Premier League.

“We are playing for the title. Is it better to chase an elusive ball in the Premier League for an entire season?” he added.

“The level in the Championship is also not nothing. In England they call it the most difficult competition in the world.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester City star admits to transfer discussions – But believes he may be in right place after all

Yes he's honest enough to admit that moving to sit on the bench would be no good for playing for Belgium but I'm sure money comes into it too. I bet he's on a good wedge even after relegation and he probably found that clubs would not be increasing his wage in a transfer.

We needed to be ruthless with these types of players, say he's on 50k a week in the Championship - there's probably lots of players that would be happy on 25k that could do a better job than him. 

• 2 months later...