Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

46 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Poor today but I think Faes and Vesty are the most balanced pairing. Vesty is the sweeping ball player who breaks the lines. Faes is the “pace” and the one who carries us up the pitch with the ball driving forwards. 

Fair point, but interesting that for the second goal it was Faes who cleared with a header, and Vesty who passed the ball to the opposition. At the moment the board seems to have the viewpoint Vesty can do no wrong, and Faes is our weak point. I'm still trusting in Enzo's judgement.

As long as Justin is in the team to track runners in behind, like Walker does for Man City, a pairing of Coady and Vestergaard would be stronger. Coady’s leadership at the back could be huge. 

I just think Faes struggles when big pressure is on, he loses his head far too often. Out of the team, him and Mavididi are  players who don’t seem to be handling ‘squeaky bum time’ well. 

14 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

If we have to sell players this summer then hes definitely one of our valuable assets id be willing to lose. Far too rash

I don’t even think he’ll be that valuable. He’s making so many mistakes even at this level. He really isn’t good enough and thats been clear for a while now. 

Can anyone that refers to Faes as the quick/athletic CB please stop.

He is obviously not Vesty slow (who is) but he’s NOT quick enough to justify his place when he seems to consistently have rash moments especially when the pressure appears to be on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

He is obviously not Vesty slow (who is) but he’s NOT quick enough to justify his place when he seems to consistently have rash moments especially when the pressure appears to be on.

Yeah I thought this. Soyuncu he is not. He's not an oil-tanker but he isn't quick.

5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Yeah I thought this. Soyuncu he is not. He's not an oil-tanker but he isn't quick.

He's been very good for extended periods this season. 

However - he's tired and he isn't doing enough because of that. I'd advocate to see Coady or Doyle replacing him for a bit. Not as a punitive message but to rest him up for the run in where he could make a difference.

There needs to be some thought, however, about our entire back lines suitability for the premier league.

• Like 1

He has an arrogance which borders on complacency and yet is impetuous.  Bit harsh to describe him as a poundland cags.   At this level he often looks imperious but when the pressure is really on he can look like a liability 

assume he gets picked because he is faster than vesty and coady so is expected to cover behind. 

• Like 4

Enzo needs to be brave enough and bench him next game. He also does alot of running up the field and leaving us short at the back

We just need to see through promotion now. I'll happily take 1-0 wins for the remaining 9 games!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He has an arrogance which borders on complacency and yet is impetuous.  Bit harsh to describe him as a poundland cags.   At this level he often looks imperious but when the pressure is really on he can look like a liability 

assume he gets picked because he is faster than vesty and coady so is expected to cover behind. 

If not a poundland Cags at least an Aldi version?

I can’t say how much I hate Rodgers….imagine Cags playing for us this season? He would be the best CB in the league by a country mile.

2 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Enzo needs to be brave enough and bench him next game. He also does alot of running up the field and leaving us short at the back

We just need to see through promotion now. I'll happily take 1-0 wins for the remaining 9 games!

9 X 1-0 wins will give us the title. 12 will get us 2 trophies and a place in Europe and 3 trips Wembley! 😁💙🏆🏆💙

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Him overplaying at the back could have been costly again then.

I’m actually sick of seeing him in a Leicester shirt.

Whatever league we’re in next season, I hope he isn’t with us.

Not quick, not a leader/organiser, average at best on the ball and not a very good “traditional” defender! Move him on please.

He’s a huge part of why we got relegated last season with constant mistakes and being caught out and he’s costing us in the Championship run in too.

He needs to be dropped and ideally never play for us ever again. 

• Like 4

Bomb scare. He had a good start but since the World Cup he has been woeful! Ship him out to the first club stupid enough to pay for him. Coady has much better attributes, especially mentally. Faes has mud for brains. 

• Like 1