Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Just now, Jimmy said:

he's one of our more experienced pros in the side and he's the biggest liability, get Coady in for him, some calm leadership, especially if Ricardo is missing

I'm a big big advocate of Faes, but he's been a disaster of late and needs dropping, and quick. 

• Like 3

For all his ball playing attributes and runs forward, he's not a good defender. The other championship sides have clocked this and started to press him high and stop him playing out, therefore having to defend more than he was earlier in the season, something he's evidently not great at.

Doesn't press or block when he should and positioning all over the place. Playing like he doesn't want to get injured. All he's good for at the moment is wagging his finger as soon as a decision goes against us

Guest Col city fan

Still struggling to get my head around this ‘cult hero’ phenomenon. From what I can see it’s someone who’s generally pretty shite, but for some reason ‘fans’ take to them?

eg Amartey and Faes.

I don’t get it, maybe I’m just old

Surely he's related to David Luiz (ex-Chelsea defender).

In terms of both same hair style and having genuine footballing capability but most often being a liability..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Beckenbauer more like. Started the season fairly solid but as the weeks have gone by he's starting to drift out of position and go wandering with the ball & he got caught out 3 or 4 times today. He's supposed to be the pace that covers Vestergaard having the ball nicked but every time he got over halfway today Chelsea had 2 or 3 on him and played the ball in to the gap he left. Coady was bought to be the experienced head that kept it tight at the back and kept us a few clean sheets. Time to give him the shirt, enough of this Sideshow Shitshow defending.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Still struggling to get my head around this ‘cult hero’ phenomenon. From what I can see it’s someone who’s generally pretty shite, but for some reason ‘fans’ take to them?

eg Amartey and Faes.

I wouldn't class Faes as a cult hero, he's got the ability to actually be decent, but seems to switch off way too often, where as Amartey was very limited and fairly shite but he was likeable.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Sideshow Beckenbauer more like. Started the season fairly solid but as the weeks have gone by he's starting to drift out of position and go wandering with the ball & he got caught out 3 or 4 times today. He's supposed to be the pace that covers Vestergaard having the ball nicked but every time he got over halfway today Chelsea had 2 or 3 on him and played the ball in to the gap he left. Coady was bought to be the experienced head that kept it tight at the back and kept us a few clean sheets. Time to give him the shirt, enough of this Sideshow Shitshow defending.

Maresca is 'doing a Rodgers/Vesty ' scenario with Coady, Souttar and Cannon by the looks of it!.... Ego first, club second?

2 games in a row he's made errors. He's gifted a freebie to hull last week. Today and Chelsea he just wasn't quick enough. Jackson, Stirling and mudryk outpaced him

Enzo just needs to man up and bench him for a while. Coady needs to start

• Like 2

Needs to get his arse into gear sharpish. Has he been called up for Belgium? I imagine they have better options surely? 

Has too many lapses in concentration within a game that put us in danger nowadays. 

Perhaps a break will do him well. Especially if Enzo will persist with him after the internationals. 

Had a good start to the season after horrendous performances since Christmas in the Prem. Was more disciplined at the start of this season and looked a much better player for it. 

Unfortunately he has gone back to diving in in the last couple of months and is costing us massively. Coady has to play over him for the rest of the season.

Get rid for whatever we can get for him in the summer as he is no where near a Premier league defender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Maresca is 'doing a Rodgers/Vesty ' scenario with Coady, Souttar and Cannon by the looks of it!.... Ego first, club second?

He's always got matey hugs for Cannon and Coady, Coady especially. Souttar's just a forgotten man, probably 6th choice.

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

eg Amartey and Faes.

We’ve had loads of players that fit this bill

Hume, Tiatto, Amartey, Faes etc etc