Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

He’s just not very clever. He plays like every game is beyond himself. If he had a choice where he avoids a goal and sticks it in row Z or attempt some pass which could put us in goal. Even if it’s 80% to Row Z, he will gamble on that pass 

• Like 2

My opinion hasn't changed since I watched his debut against Spurs to be honest - He is not very good.

Got some stick on here in the Summer for saying he was the one I'd love to be sold above all others...he just has that car crash mix of rash and arrogance.

He's a Championship standard player, but to be fair to him, he is pretty good at this level. Just a bit of a laughing stock at the level above.

With Faes being away, that means more time for Coady and Nelson with Enzo in training. Hopefully they both impress, surely Enzo will see for all the public support for Faes that these past few games his performances have been under par? 

Edited by lcfc_forever

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd imagine he's playing to Enzo's instructions. It's not like we're short of options at CB, so if he wasn't doing what Enzo wanted he'd be quickly replaced.

Yep. The criticisms suggesting he takes risks is backed up by what Enzo has said in the press the issue is he isn’t actually a very good defender.

For all of Yannik’s weaknesses, and we saw them yesterday, at least he spots danger. Both were awful for their first goal, and Hamza was embarrassing, but Faus should have been covering the ball across the box but didn’t. Coady needs to replace him.

He needs dropping for sure. Totally out of form and no signs he's playing himself back into it. Far from convinced by him I have to say - given him plenty of benefit of the doubt but he doesn't look good enough.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 08:18, pmcla26 said:

Doesn’t have the pace to play the way that he does at the top level. 

And yet I think he’s in the side for his pace, relative to Vesty and Coady. But I’d have Coady in now over every game. I think we’d benefit from Coady’s leadership as well 

• Like 2