Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

He's genuinely terrible isn't he.

I wish he was just terrible so that we can drop him and move him on. He has some very good attributes which tricks our managers into putting faith in him but he's incredibly unreliable.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

The commentator on talksport made me laugh yesterday, he said if Faes can get in the Belgium team then they have no chance of winning the Euros 😂😂

Harsh but fair I thought 

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I swear most of the goals we concede are from this idiot making some form of error. 

Most of our conceded goals come from either Faes or Hamza not doing the basics of being a defender.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

Coady & Souttar must be laughing to themselves. Wout Faes is and always will be a dogshit player 

Well thats clearly nonsense - poor now, but not all season.

• Like 3

Once again the good people of Foxestalk have bracketed a player in the useless/terrible  group, this a man picked for Belgium on Tuesday, which has De Bruyne, Lukaku, Tielemans, amongst others and who will play in the Euro’s…..the bloke can play…..the team isn’t……..

23 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Once again the good people of Foxestalk have bracketed a player in the useless/terrible  group, this a man picked for Belgium on Tuesday, which has De Bruyne, Lukaku, Tielemans, amongst others and who will play in the Euro’s…..the bloke can play…..the team isn’t……..

Bit of a bizarre take when you look at their defensive options. Just because they have good players around the rest of the pitch doesn't mean it's a high standard all over, and it certainly isn't in defence. This isn't the golden generation anymore.

Their defence is made up of Theate, Debast, De Winter, 36 year old Vertongen, Castagne and Meunier. The fact they still have to wheel out a guy who has retired back to the Jupiler league shows the standard. It's a low bar.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

He was a sub. And he had a 36 yr old selected in front of him 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He was a sub. And he had a 36 yr old selected in front of him 

To be fair he started 8 of their 9 previous internationals,  including qualifiers. But the point still holds that Belgium's current defensive options aren't what they were and Faes is just too unreliable and unpredictable to be a top class CB.

I agree from a defensive perspective Coady is so much more solid than Faes, trouble is I think Enzo sees Coady as having limitations when in possession, whilst Faes can have absolute brain farts and at times is an absolute bombscare, however his ability to progress with the ball from deep is definitely a weapon especially when teams set up in a low block as he can manipulate space and that will draw players out of their defensive shape. 

personally I would like to see Coady in for his stability and leadership but I am not convinced Enzo will go for this due to what we lose when in possession.