Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Best defender we have, can see him leaving though as we need the money and one of a few we could actually get a decent fee for.

Quickest Cb we have but apart from that his quality ranges from mid Prem to low championship depending on how rash or wild he plays.  

• Like 1

Thought he looked good at left back last couple of games…

I quite like him, but he has a mistake in his locker

very clumsy comment on Twitter…. I thought they got training on such things?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Thought he looked good at left back last couple of games…

I quite like him, but he has a mistake in his locker

very clumsy comment on Twitter…. I thought they got training on such things?

They do, but they also get training on how to stop a football going into a net - and he can’t do that either

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Anything around £10m and get him gone, we could definitely find a better player for that

Weirdly I think we somehow could make a profit on the £15m we initially paid for him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Has a knack of looking worse the more you see him play. Hopefully he puts in an eye catching run, like he did against Preston, and some club takes a punt for 15-20M. Otherwise, we're lumbered with a shit defender, who doesn't want to be here.

If this is all based on that one quote then it's way overblown. He's said it would be a luxury to be in a position where he needs to make a choice because he is happy here. That is not saying he wants to leave, just saying like any player or manager who gets an offer from a bigger club there would be a decision to make. It's a loaded question to ask him, "will he be here next season", he is contracted to be so unless something changes he is, it's not coming from him it's coming from the interviewer.

• Like 3

It's a strange one with Faes. He isn't our worst player but he's also not the best. We've seen him make quite a few mistakes this season so he's definitely got the ability to make some real gaffes in the PL. However, we've also seen him have some really solid games. I honestly think he's worth around 12m. I don't want him out as much as some other players though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Get shot of him - clear inflated view of his abilities and a total bombscare.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Best defender we have, can see him leaving though as we need the money and one of a few we could actually get a decent fee for.

Peak foxestalk

For me he's somewhere in between these 2 comments. He's not exactly atrocious but he's not great either. To say he's the best defender we've got is a reflection on how bad our defence is, not how good he is 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

So now that Maresca has gone. it seems like some people have moved on to their next target...

I would back Wout against most of the malcontents on here tbh  :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

I’ve been consistent with my hatred for Wout.

Never been a fan, a poor man’s Cags.

where will Cags be playing next season, and where will Faes be playing?

22 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well you could say both have futures up in the air right now?

However, I must have forgot that it was Faes who has been named in the PL and Bundesliga best 11’s before 🙈

25 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I think he's been our best defender all season. Always found it strange coming on here and seeing the difference in opinion!

The hate Enzo and hate Wout, I think I have come to the conclusion as to why

How to Regrow Hair on a Bald Spot? 25 Science-Backed Methods to try!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MPH said:

I'd certainly do a swap back!

Cags only started to look uncertain to me when Rodgers started playing him on the extreme left of three centre halves, particularly when he had to cover the left back position. A totally different player when part of a two, remember his performances with Evans doing the same? When brought back by Smith he did well again.

Faes can only seem to play one half of football. After 65 minutes, even if he's been playing well, his concentration goes down hill quickly! He often, for me, has an aire of a player who believes that he's a lot better than he actually is and he becomes rash in his decision making and sometimes slow to get back as if it's all a bit below him. I think his trying to impress could cost us dearly in the Premiership against better players. 

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I'd certainly do a swap back!

Cags only started to look uncertain to me when Rodgers started playing him on the extreme left of three centre halves, particularly when he had to cover the left back position. A totally different player when part of a two, remember his performances with Evans doing the same? When brought back by Smith he did well again.

Faes can only seem to play one half of football. After 65 minutes, even if he's been playing well, his concentration goes down hill quickly! He often, for me, has an aire of a player who believes that he's a lot better than he actually is and he becomes rash in his decision making and sometimes slow to get back as if it's all a bit below him. I think his trying to impress could cost us dearly in the Premiership against better players. 

Cags was too moody for me. Downed tools. Don't need that negativity.  players need to stay professional whether they like the manager or not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Cags was too moody for me. Downed tools. Don't need that negativity.  players need to stay professional whether they like the manager or not.

I suppose it's difficult to know whether or why he downed tools, particularly with Rodgers as the manager at the time. Clearly something happened but we were never really privy as to what. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I suppose it's difficult to know whether or why he downed tools, particularly with Rodgers as the manager at the time. Clearly something happened but we were never really privy as to what. 

i guess the question is, no matter what happened.. can we afford to take the risk to see if that can happen  again?

i'm just  concerned that the issue followed him to Atletico Madrid - they sent him out on loan to the Turkish league. He's way better than that so you have to wonder if the issues are following him about.

However, a 100% focused cags is better than a  100% focused Faes, no question.

• Like 1