Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

On 30/03/2024 at 17:16, Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

The commentator on talksport made me laugh yesterday, he said if Faes can get in the Belgium team then they have no chance of winning the Euros 😂😂

Harsh but fair I thought 

What an idiot remark….

Edited by hfaes
Want to remove it…

Just now, Phenom said:

He stays concentrated all year and we’ll get a ton of money for him in the summer.

Thats always been the issue with our Wout.

Undoubtedly a quality defender but lacks the ability to think at times.

There was a point in the first half where he chased for the ball up to their right back position leaving us quite exposed for instance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Thats always been the issue with our Wout.

Undoubtedly a quality defender but lacks the ability to think at times.

There was a point in the first half where he chased for the ball up to their right back position leaving us quite exposed for instance.

What?… “ our” Wout?…..so you belong to your employer🙄

1 minute ago, hfaes said:

It’s a Northern English term of endearment. Funny you’re back now we’re in the Prem. Some supportive family member you are!

On 04/06/2024 at 18:27, Fox92 said:

I've criticised Faes since he's been here. I happily praised him the first half of this season but his form improved with a relegation.

Can't wait til we get rid of him.

Well I hope from the bottom of my heart that you don’t have to wait anymore…..I certainly pray for it, if necessary to the devil…

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

It’s a Northern English term of endearment. Funny you’re back now we’re in the Prem. Some supportive family member you are!

I am only back to see Wout playing, and the match was live on Belgian television….but having said that I often read this forum…

Edited by hfaes
Have to add

1 minute ago, hfaes said:

I am only back to see Wout playing, and the match was live on Belgian television….but having said that I often read this forum…and the more I read the more I am disgusted….f or example, “ an aneurysma”…. Well I lost a sister and a brother due to an aneurysma…in their 30’s

Got caught a few times in the first half venturing out thinking he could dribble into their half and lost the ball immediately. Needs to remember Prem teams won't give that licence of freedom like the Championship.

That said there was a clear improvement in the second half. Really putting his body on the line and making key interceptions. Him and Vesty were immense

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hfaes said:

You have this wrong, it is a colloquial term often associated with endearment or at least acknowledgement and it has nothing to do with ownership despite its deterministic seeming nature.

Take care mi duck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You have this wrong, it is a colloquial term often associated with endearment or at least acknowledgement and it has nothing to do with ownership despite its deterministic seeming nature.

Take care mi duck. 

What? You calling me a duck ?

• Haha 2

Last two years hes started the season well before tailing off so hopefully he will be more consistent this year. Looked solid at the back, just needs to stop these David Luiz style runs into midfield where he loses the ball and leaves us exposed

Edited by South Shire Fox

I don't want to say I told you so but yet again there was some ridiculously over the top shit about players last season and Faes was one of them despite being great for the first 30 odd games.

There's this very basic and uneducated viewpoint that having bad games in the Championship must mean you can't possibly be good enough for the Premier League. You play 46 games plus cup matches. Maresca barely rotated that position too. You're bound to have bad games. 

He's a Belgian international. He has glaringly obvious faults but for where we are at we should accept those because performances last night are as good as we will get for the price he cost. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1