Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

On 20/08/2024 at 01:17, KFS said:

It’s a Northern English term of endearment. Funny you’re back now we’re in the Prem. Some supportive family member you are!

I don't know what rumours she has been spreading here, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that she's not related to Wout Faes.

4 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Wout was very good in his first few months here. And he looks good again. There’s a good and consistent player there, but he needs to be more consistent.

If he did play how he did against Spurs consistently then he would absolutely suit teams like Barcelona that we laughed at him being suggested for in the summer. 

Ball playing defender who can tackle well and be the focal point for attacks. 

We all obviously know that the issue is it's finding that consistency, and at times he is capable of sublime to the ridiculous. Kind of why he suits being at Leicester. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

If he did play how he did against Spurs consistently then he would absolutely suit teams like Barcelona that we laughed at him being suggested for in the summer. 

Ball playing defender who can tackle well and be the focal point for attacks. 

We all obviously know that the issue is it's finding that consistency, and at times he is capable of sublime to the ridiculous. Kind of why he suits being at Leicester. 

Too many defensive lapses and his positioning is generally suspect. Just not a very good defender.

Evans was 10x better and this is why he is back at Man U even though we let him go for free.

When Coady is back, he should start.

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Too many defensive lapses and his positioning is generally suspect. Just not a very good defender.

Evans was 10x better and this is why he is back at Man U even though we let him go for free.

When Coady is back, he should start.

Utter Rubbish, He is a better defender than Coady and Evans is miles off the pace

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 4

He has been a bit of a bomb scare at times due mainly to lapses in concentration.  He's quick brave and mobile with a level of skill.

He's at his best when he 's not the main man and has someone beside him to talk him through games.

I think with Coopers Coaching we can see him improve greatly and become a solid defender we can depend on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Belgian said:

I don't know what rumours she has been spreading here, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that she's not related to Wout Faes.

Thanks - she’s told the forum she’s a family member of Wout and he can’t wait to leave :) 

On 20/08/2024 at 01:36, hfaes said:

I am only back to see Wout playing, and the match was live on Belgian television….but having said that I often read this forum…

Zou u kunnen uitleggen op welke manier precies u familie bent van Wout Faes? Dezelfde achternaam hebben, maakt u niet automatisch een familielid ...

(Could you please explain in what way exactly you are related to Wout Faes? Having the same last name doesn't automatically make you a relative ...)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Am I really the only one that actually thinks he’s pretty good for the level we are at? 🤔🤷

No easily our best defender…quick, strong and good on ball. Become an easy target for some reason. 

• Like 1

When he’s good he’s very good but there’s no doubt he has massive lapses of concentration and sometimes positions himself like he’s never defended before. But you have to accept that and hope the coaching can improve him, if he didn’t have them faults he wouldn’t be here playing for us. Get behind him and don’t write him off. 

On 23/08/2024 at 03:06, whoareyaaa said:

Utter Rubbish, He is a better defender than Coady and Evans is miles off the pace

I can’t do clips like others. Just watch his positioning. One example last game was when he was dragged out to the left of the box by a forward, got turned (by which time rather than being in the center he was wide to the left of goal) and allowed their forward a clear shot on goal. This happens a few times most games - too many times for a CB. Also remember him losing the ball near half way last season and didn’t really bother to run back.

He has flair and big hair to support that view. He can dribble a bit and can play, but as a defender he needs to have a cooler head. But he has the basics to be a good defender which is why it is somewhat frustrating. There is still time for him to develop and I hope he does. It is probably just concentration but it is also ego. It may just need a kick on his backside by sitting out for a while when Coady is back.

There is no need to slag off Evans. Ultimately, he is still a top CB two years later at a club at a much higher level than us as much as we hate to say it (Man U). Evans is just another class and his strength is his vision and reading of the play. He covers well for his partner. Someone said he makes his partner looks better. But he is indeed getting old and too expensive for us to keep so it is true I need to move on from him too.

Edited by Tom12345

On 23/08/2024 at 10:37, The Belgian said:

Zou u kunnen uitleggen op welke manier precies u familie bent van Wout Faes? Dezelfde achternaam hebben, maakt u niet automatisch een familielid ...

(Could you please explain in what way exactly you are related to Wout Faes? Having the same last name doesn't automatically make you a relative ...)

Nee, dezelfde naam zeker niet, maar zelfde streek ( afkomstig) zelfde uiterlijke kenmerken in de familie toch wel, maar waarom zou ik dat aan een ANONIEME . “ the Belgian” moeten uitleggen?Ik ben te vinden op Facebook, hilde Faes…helemaal niet anoniem….

On 23/08/2024 at 10:37, The Belgian said:

Wout is afkomstig van Mol Rauw dicht bij Balen Neet. Het vroegere Rijsbergdijk, nu Postelsesteenweg genoemd, en de voor voorouders zijn afkomstig uit Kerkhoven, ik ken mijn familiegeschiedenis….….

Faes reminds me of a dog we had when I was growing up - full of energy, loyal, and protective, but prone to doing really dumb shit. He’d try to fetch rocks instead of sticks, bark at his own reflection in the window, and once mistook the lawnmower for a rival.

Great intentions, but a bit of a loose cannon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3