Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I was half cut but he was impressive today I thought, even discounting the goal. 

Yes, that back heel that almost gave them a goal was great... Problem with being a defender, no point in being decent for 90 mins if you through something absolutely mental in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Yes, that back heel that almost gave them a goal was great... Problem with being a defender, no point in being decent for 90 mins if you through something absolutely mental in

That's he's achillies heel, he's alway got a crazy moment in his locker.

On 24/08/2024 at 16:56, hfaes said:

Nee, dezelfde naam zeker niet, maar zelfde streek ( afkomstig) zelfde uiterlijke kenmerken in de familie toch wel, maar waarom zou ik dat aan een ANONIEME . “ the Belgian” moeten uitleggen?Ik ben te vinden op Facebook, hilde Faes…helemaal niet anoniem….

On 24/08/2024 at 17:12, hfaes said:

Wout is afkomstig van Mol Rauw dicht bij Balen Neet. Het vroegere Rijsbergdijk, nu Postelsesteenweg genoemd, en de voor voorouders zijn afkomstig uit Kerkhoven, ik ken mijn familiegeschiedenis….….

Ik mag dan een anonieme "The Belgian" zijn, maar ik ben toevallig ook een ex-collega van Wout zijn vader. Die heeft me verzekerd dat er in zijn familie geen Hilde Faes voorkomt : zeker niet tot in de zevende graad bloedverwantschap (je bent dus familie van het zevende knoopsgat). Je mag dan misschien wel een gemeenschappelijke voorouder hebben, maar pretendeer dan niet "familie" van hem te zijn. Trouwens, de (betover-)grootouders van Wout zijn afkomstig van de Blauwe Kei / Stevensvennen in Lommel en niet van Balen (-Neet), Rijsberg(dijk) of Kerkhoven : dit ter vervollediging van jouw "familiegeschiedenis". Als je wilt, bezorg ik je zijn (van de vader) telefoonnummer : dan kan je hem ervan overtuigen dat je familie bent.

I may well be an anonymous "The Belgian", but I also happen to be an ex-colleague of Wout's father. He assured me that there is no Hilde Faes in his family : certainly not up to the seventh degree of consanguinity (so you are related by the skin of your teeth). You may well have a common ancestor, but don't pretend to be "related" to him. By the way, Wout's (great-great) grandparents come from the Blauwe Kei / Stevensvennen in Lommel and not from Balen (-Neet), Rijsberg(dijk) or Kerkhoven : this is to complete your "family history". If you want, I will give you his (father's) telephone number: then you can convince him that you are related.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

Ik mag dan een anonieme "The Belgian" zijn, maar ik ben toevallig ook een ex-collega van Wout zijn vader. Die heeft me verzekerd dat er in zijn familie geen Hilde Faes voorkomt : zeker niet tot in de zevende graad bloedverwantschap (je bent dus familie van het zevende knoopsgat). Je mag dan misschien wel een gemeenschappelijke voorouder hebben, maar pretendeer dan niet "familie" van hem te zijn. Trouwens, de (betover-)grootouders van Wout zijn afkomstig van de Blauwe Kei / Stevensvennen in Lommel en niet van Balen (-Neet), Rijsberg(dijk) of Kerkhoven : dit ter vervollediging van jouw "familiegeschiedenis". Als je wilt, bezorg ik je zijn (van de vader) telefoonnummer : dan kan je hem ervan overtuigen dat je familie bent.

I may well be an anonymous "The Belgian", but I also happen to be an ex-colleague of Wout's father. He assured me that there is no Hilde Faes in his family : certainly not up to the seventh degree of consanguinity (so you are related by the skin of your teeth). You may well have a common ancestor, but don't pretend to be "related" to him. By the way, Wout's (great-great) grandparents come from the Blauwe Kei / Stevensvennen in Lommel and not from Balen (-Neet), Rijsberg(dijk) or Kerkhoven : this is to complete your "family history". If you want, I will give you his (father's) telephone number: then you can convince him that you are related.

Well that's cleared that up.

• Haha 3

On 25/08/2024 at 00:58, dmayne7 said:

This is his problem. He can be a good defender but he goes all David Luiz at least once a game and does something utterly ridiculous that often leads to the opposition getting a chance. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

This is his problem. He can be a good defender but he goes all David Luiz at least once a game and does something utterly ridiculous that often leads to the opposition getting a chance. 

And it genuinely is close to at least once a game. On top of that, his good games are exactly that, good, not world class. He's a poor man's (peak)Soyuncu. Soyuncu had a mistake in him but it wasn't a guarantee every game and he would compensate for that by being utterly dominant.

Faes is ok for us now but if there was any hint of £15m/£20m deal, I'd be all over that

• Like 4

Centre backs seem the least of our worry which is odd as I'd have put my bottom dollar on them being the problem this season, although it's still early days. 

The defence is always the most important area. That's one glimmer of hope is we don't seem to be a siv. We just need the full backs to switch on a bit more and sign a decent 10 and striker and things might actually be looking okay. 

Fair play to Faes and Vesty, they have done well. 

• Like 2

On 24/08/2024 at 23:38, orangecity23 said:

We have no strikers fit, too many centre backs - sod it, stick Wout up front. He's already matched 3 of Jordan Ayew's Premier League seasons for goalscoring. lol

He would be more useful next to Winks than Ndidi. He did a stupid back heel with no one behind him, constantly passed to no one and tried to dribble his way into trouble several times. 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why is he surprised at the lack of recruits?? He know who is in charge of this, plus he must be delighted at last weeks addition?  TBH, if he is not happy, he can go.   We do not need players that think they are better and bigger than LCFC.

Just now, StanSP said:

Is that why we signed Okoli? 

I think we probably wanted another centre back anyway

But would probably explain why we have been linked to other centre backs recently like Victor Nelsson and Odilon Kossounou

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why is he surprised at the lack of recruits?? He know who is in charge of this, plus he must be delighted at last weeks addition?  TBH, if he is not happy, he can go.   We do not need players that think they are better and bigger than LCFC.

It wouldn't surprise me if a number of other players felt the same to be honest.

• Like 4

Can't lie, this reporter has now made me doubt the links to the Genk bloke because I don't understand why Faes would be unhappy? He's played both games, clearly a starter for us no? 

Unless Cooper has had pressure on him to play Okoli, and that's trickled down to the rest of the players!

Edited by TheGoldenGod

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It would be a disaster to lose him. But I totally get why he wants out. He's trying to protect his career by avoiding a second relegation. I'd do the same in his shoes. 

Could do his best to avoid that himself. If this is the case (and this we'll never know), he should take accountability and responsibility for the situation as opposed to running away from it... 

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It would be a disaster to lose him. But I totally get why he wants out. He's trying to protect his career by avoiding a second relegation. I'd do the same in his shoes. 

Wout Faes and his poor positioning and lapse in concentration were major parts of our first relegation. His back heel brain fart on Saturday shows it’s a problem that is well and truly a part of his game. He had the best season of his career last year and wasn’t even our best defender. Note, he’s begging for a move, unlike the quality defenders we’ve had in the last 10 years, who were sought by European heavyweights. 

Honestly think if we can get the recruitment right, this is one move we should be cheering. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could do his best to avoid that himself. If this is the case (and this we'll never know), he should take accountability and responsibility for the situation as opposed to running away from it... 

Clearly something isn’t right at the club.

Whatever it is, the players will be aware of it. 

• Like 2