Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wout Faes and his poor positioning and lapse in concentration were major parts of our first relegation. His back heel brain fart on Saturday shows it’s a problem that is well and truly a part of his game. He had the best season of his career last year and wasn’t even our best defender. Note, he’s begging for a move, unlike the quality defenders we’ve had in the last 10 years, who were sought by European heavyweights. 

Honestly think if we can get the recruitment right, this is one move we should be cheering. 

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could do his best to avoid that himself. If this is the case (and this we'll never know), he should take accountability and responsibility for the situation as opposed to running away from it... 

I get your point but it's a naive, fanciful thought. 

Put it into the context of a normal workplace. If your employer  made around of redundancies and you'd survived....then to see the same situation looming again, you'd be entitled to look elsewhere rather than staying out any sense of responsibility. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wout Faes and his poor positioning and lapse in concentration were major parts of our first relegation. His back heel brain fart on Saturday shows it’s a problem that is well and truly a part of his game. He had the best season of his career last year and wasn’t even our best defender. Note, he’s begging for a move, unlike the quality defenders we’ve had in the last 10 years, who were sought by European heavyweights. 

Honestly think if we can get the recruitment right, this is one move we should be cheering. 

He's by no means perfect but the partnership with Vesty is one of the few reliable (even allowing for the unreliability,.if you see what I mean) parts of our team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Disagree totally. We absolutely DO need players who are bigger and better than LCFC. 

Well they ‘ain’t coming here are they!!!

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

What is concerning is this is a player happy to stay last season and play in the championship in the season leading up to a major tournament and yet now we are back in the premier league he wants out, suggests that all is not well and it does make you wonder if there others in a similar situation, Riccy P for example. 

Absolutely. Frightening isn’t it?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Btw don’t mistranslate dis-satisfaction with Cooper as approval with Enzo. It wasn’t rosy towards the end with him.  

Appreciate that, clearly though some of the players seem very disappointed with Cooper, seems like a massive opportunity missed when Enzo left to bring in another forward thinking dynamic coach and instead we have plumped for an uninspired choice and already we are seeing the consequences of such short sighted thinking. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Cooper has needlessly changed a system that the players knew well and was largely successful last season.

I don't think Cooper can even remotely coach that system. And I'm saying that as someone who was pleased to lose Enzo and largely pleased with Cooper's appointment. 

Tbh, if you dismiss the first 25 mins of both games, we've been OK. Not great, but not bad. Thing is, by playing a team at only 80% of its potential, both games could've been vastly better. And that's all down to Cooper. It's like he's given up two good players for lent. 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

"If we can get the recruitment right" good luck with that

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

What is concerning is this is a player happy to stay last season and play in the championship in the season leading up to a major tournament and yet now we are back in the premier league he wants out, suggests that all is not well and it does make you wonder if there others in a similar situation, Riccy P for example. 

He wanted out at the beginning of the Championship season. He stayed because the Belgium manager spoke to him and said to spend a season in the Championship wouldn't affect his place in the Belgium squad.

In the Prem, change of manager and bleak out look, can't really blame him for wanting gone

• Like 1

The players know they are heading back to the championship, it's a totally different atmosphere compared to the same time last year. It's been a pathetic pre-season and in the first 2 games we witnessed players arguing with each other. They know that the clubs doesn't know what's it's doing with the rubbish signings this month. Any player if a better move comes will go, the future looking grim at Leicester 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It has been 2 games. If 2 players can't cope with being on the bench for 2 games, then boo hoo. 

Cooper has implied that Justin has worked harder and looked better than Ricardo in training, but I expect Ricardo will get his chance in the next game or so, and hopefully he proves a point and shows the manager he should be starting. Same with Mavididi. 

Why would Cooper play a system that he has never played before? Many were concerned that it wouldn't work with Leicester in the Premier League, as we sometimes struggled to break poor teams down in the Championship. So much so, people were calling for Enzo to be sacked during our poor run.
The step-up to the Premier League is huge, and our squad has not really been improved either.  We were always destined to lose a large number of games. 

I am all for bashing a Manager once he has had time to put his stamp on the team, but this OTT after 2 games, a 1-1 and a 1-2, is just silly at this stage. 

Absolutely brilliant level headed post which sums up everything perfectly. Nothing is won or lost at this stage, and with it almost certainly going to be a struggle, the support v Spurs was brilliant and we need that every home game and play out of our skins to get results and make it uncomfortable for teams visiting. It's not Coopers fault we have lost our best player and struggling to get players in.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Well they ‘ain’t coming here are they!!!

Sad to think it could be a long long time before we ever see players again like Vardy, King, Morgan, Schmeichel etc. Players wearing the fox badge with pride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

It has been 2 games. If 2 players can't cope with being on the bench for 2 games, then boo hoo. 

Cooper has implied that Justin has worked harder and looked better than Ricardo in training, but I expect Ricardo will get his chance in the next game or so, and hopefully he proves a point and shows the manager he should be starting. Same with Mavididi. 

Why would Cooper play a system that he has never played before? Many were concerned that it wouldn't work with Leicester in the Premier League, as we sometimes struggled to break poor teams down in the Championship. So much so, people were calling for Enzo to be sacked during our poor run.
The step-up to the Premier League is huge, and our squad has not really been improved either.  We were always destined to lose a large number of games. 

I am all for bashing a Manager once he has had time to put his stamp on the team, but this OTT after 2 games, a 1-1 and a 1-2, is just silly at this stage. 

It's not the results that worry me, it's the performances. The quality of performances has been very poor in pre-season and, apart from about 20 minutes in the second half v Spurs, in the 2 PL games so far. There are no clear patterns of play from an attacking perspective that I can see and, although we are trying to sit deep, we don't even look at all solid in defence. It's also bonkers that he's chosen a set up that doesn't fit 2 of our best players last season. 

If we do manage to sell Faes would we not have enough cover with Vester, Okoli, Coady and Nelson? Think I'd rather put the money towards a striker. Not sure how much money we have left to pay on Faes but anything £15m+ should be accepted in my opinion. Decent player but his constant brain farts in most games are something we can do without at this level. Got away with it in the championship as most championship attackers are crap but the pl is less forgiving.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

If we do manage to sell Faes would we not have enough cover with Vester, Okoli, Coady and Nelson? Think I'd rather put the money towards a striker. Not sure how much money we have left to pay on Faes but anything £15m+ should be accepted in my opinion. Decent player but his constant brain farts in most games are something we can do without at this level. Got away with it in the championship as most championship attackers are crap but the pl is less forgiving.

Okoli needs time, but watching his pre season i'd rather have Amartey in there. 

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

When Martinez spoke about him when he signed, he said he's young and still developing his game but that he's the future of the Belgian defence.

I haven't seen him develop. The guy's got major bomb scares in him, as we saw most pointedly in that Liverpool game.

He's also got a real attitude about him, he's not quick enough, and he doesn't appear to be a leader.

That said, what will we get for him and who could we recruit if he goes?

On balance I've never warmed to him and without a solid senior player next to him to keep him in check, I'm not confident in his abilities.

• Like 2