Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

5 hours ago, Sly said:

Clearly something isn’t right at the club.

Whatever it is, the players will be aware of it. 

Morale must be in the gutter among our remaining squad from last season.

Hopefully one benefit of Bobby and Ayew is that they'll maybe bring some PL nous and mentality...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Hopefully one benefit of Bobby and Ayew is that they'll maybe bring some PL nous and mentality...

I’m not sure who’s buying players.

I see no point in us having Glover at the club, if the players we are buying are Premier League and feel like players we’ve been offered by agents.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

we already had plenty of that though, what we needed was young talent that we could develop and sell again, return to the model that was working for us 

I think this is a classic case of someone who thinks he is better than he is. 

You see that in his on field demeanour whenever we concede. Arms up and looking to blame everyone else. 

I actually think he is lucky he had a season in the Championship, because another season in the Premier League, I think he would have been found out, and quickly drop down the pecking order in most Premier League teams. 

He has his good moments, and plays with the confidence of a better player, but lacks in too many areas to be a top CB at this level IMO. 

However, this would not be good timing for us to lose our starting CB, despite this new development (if true) 

On the flip side, do we really want someone who will whinge and blame others when we are likely to be losing a lot of games this season. 

Maybe, Coady would be the better leader and positive influence we need in a relegation scrap, despite his own limitations. 

We must sign another CB if Faes does go though. So, I hope a decision is made quickly either way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think this is a classic case of someone who thinks he is better than he is.

Absolutely nailed it

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe, Coady would be the better leader and positive influence we need in a relegation scrap, despite his own limitations. 

Coady's injuries last year and now have been absolutely, terribly, the worst luck. If he'd been able to integrate last year and play now, I think we'd be in a much better place.

The guy must be gutted.

• Like 1

Get rid of him. 

He's been incredibly average in the premier League and wasn't our best center back last year.

We can't afford any attitudes on board this season if we're not to disgrace ourselves. 

Everton await you, Wout.

Watch back the passage of play yesterday where Watkins gets played through and Hermandsen smothers the ball. I genuinely have no idea what goes through this man's head. Not a lot apparently!

The guy is a walking car crash at this level 

He's a good player but prone to being a ****ing idiot.

I think we'll go to a 3 when Coady is proeprly fit.

Hermansen

Faes Coady Okoli

Justin Skipp Winks Kristiansen

Facundo Vardy Mavididi

Vestergaard, Ndidi, Fatawu, El Khannouss, Ricardo, Ayew, Edouard is a strong bench too.

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's a good player but prone to being a ****ing idiot.

I think we'll go to a 3 when Coady is proeprly fit.

Hermansen

Faes Coady Okoli

Justin Skipp Winks Kristiansen

Facundo Vardy Mavididi

Vestergaard, Ndidi, Fatawu, El Khannouss, Ricardo, Ayew, Edouard is a strong bench too.

At the moment I’d drop Wout for Vesty, it’s frustrating because the only reason he would get into this squad is because he’s faster than Vestergaard and Coady. 

30 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

At the moment I’d drop Wout for Vesty, it’s frustrating because the only reason he would get into this squad is because he’s faster than Vestergaard and Coady. 

What an awful time, having to choose Faes or Vestergaard, good grief. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nah Faes is our best defender by a considerable margin. He's the only one that I could see other Premier League level sides wanting to buy.

Is he? He's guaranteed to make at least one big error a game and when you watch the highlights yesterday, he's at fault for the first 3 Villa chances and hardly covers himself in glory on either goal. The only thing he has on the others is his ability to bring the ball out with pace but that's it. You could kind of forgive the mistakes if he actually dominated the attackers he's up against but he never truly does that.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nah Faes is our best defender by a considerable margin. He's the only one that I could see other Premier League level sides wanting to buy.

Considerable margin? He’s not though is he. He might even be the worst.

Which Premier League team would want to buy him!? He’s almost certainly been available for the past few windows, yet I don’t think we’ve had a single offer for him.

He even lets the media know that ‘he’d be open to new offers’ lol

We’re never getting rid of him.

• Like 4

Really have a strong dislike with certain elements of his game. 

Looking back at the highlights yesterday, he made a number of errors that almost lead to Villa scoring. Some of the brain farts he produces are mindblowingly dumb, god knows what goes through his head at times. 

Also as @AjcW mentioned, the way he blames others for his mistakes are really starting to piss me off, he did it on a couple of occasions yesterday. 

He’ll have good games here and there, but I really can’t wait for the day that he leaves Leicester City. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1