Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Does my head in

Can guarantee at least 1 major mistake that gives up a really good chance for the opposition every game, and when we are going to be in for a battle the whole season where every single point is going to be massive for us, we can’t take that risk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Nah Faes is our best defender by a considerable margin. He's the only one that I could see other Premier League level sides wanting to buy.

Any chance you could name a Premier League level side that wanted to buy him?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Nah Faes is our best defender by a considerable margin. He's the only one that I could see other Premier League level sides wanting to buy.

Really, nobody came in for him when he clearly wanted to leave did they. 

• Like 2

Other teams are probably well aware of how error-prone he is. Decent footballer and a good athlete, but switches off far too regularly to warrant a place in a top team. There's probably a reason we've never had a serious bid for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Other teams are probably well aware of how error-prone he is. Decent footballer and a good athlete, but switches off far too regularly to warrant a place in a top team. There's probably a reason we've never had a serious bid for him.

Is he even that? 

He is often beaten for pace, Little Wes was fast, Cags was too.

Faes is just quicker than the slow Vesty and Coady.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stormfox said:

Next season... Maybe the club brought in Okoli to pair him with Nelson next season. 

So they're gonna twiddle their thumbs for a season? 

Absolute worst they can do is use them together in the cups. Even if it's only 3 games then give them a couple of league fixtures. 

18 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

So they're gonna twiddle their thumbs for a season? 

Absolute worst they can do is use them together in the cups. Even if it's only 3 games then give them a couple of league fixtures. 

Pair Okoli with experience we have this year... Nelson getting experience at Oxford... No thumb twiddling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

At the moment I’d drop Wout for Vesty, it’s frustrating because the only reason he would get into this squad is because he’s faster than Vestergaard and Coady. 

Almost every living human under 70 years old is faster than Vestergaard and Coady. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Big_Nige said:

What’s he gonna offer there? 

More Clearance off the Goal line for a start like he done against Spurs. If we're going to play him his old position is still his best, Even if he's not performing at his best nowadays.

But as we signed him on a new Contract so we need to use him. 

I'm going to stick up for Faes, I don't think he's as bad as many make out.

Of course he's got some flaws but overall I think he's half decent. 

A few shouts of WOOOOOT yesterday after he made some good tackles. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Big_Nige said:

What’s he gonna offer there? 

Firstly, He's comfortable with the Ball at his feet , He can beat a man and not afraid to get stuck in. He can see a Pass and he'd likely win more defensive headers.

Also being invovled more in the game he's unlikely to suffer any lapses of Concentration. Plus he has others behind him to cover. Whereas now when he makes a mistake it often ends with a Goal.

At the minute we're looking for a Formula that works , so why not give it a try. We're trying some other silly permutations that are having little success.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

More Clearance off the Goal line for a start like he done against Spurs. If we're going to play him his old position is still his best, Even if he's not performing at his best nowadays.

But as we signed him on a new Contract so we need to use him. 

Think you might have taken a wrong turn in the forum mate...

This is the Faes thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He did his best to put himself in the shop window and there were no takers. Can't say that I can see many Premiership teams he'd actually improve. 

• Like 2