Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

17 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I think most teams with a half decent scouting network realised how much of a calamity he was last time we were in the Premier league.

I mean, they only had to watch us on TV to see that. The guy scored two own goals on his foxes debut :facepalm:

4 hours ago, The Belgian said:

Yes, and if Maddison wouldn't have missed that penalty against Everton (in the home game) .... it would have been 3-0 at halftime, they (Everton) would have never gotten back in the game then  So let's keep it at Roger Whittaker's "I don't believe in if anymore". (Yes, Iam that old)

I know what you're saying but this topic is about Faes, not Maddison! 

12 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Rather than hate the bloke and generate more bad vibe, I actually hope he has a really good talking to by Coopers to calm his head. This will be better than having a player ostracized and create bad mood in the dressing room. He can improve if he can cut out his rashness and more importantly accept responsibility for mistakes. If he can’t see his mistakes, it is difficult for him to learn from them.

he couldn't keep a calm head in the championship, during our bad run he was at his very worst hence why everyone wanted him dropped for Coady, he just doesn't have the mentality to be a top CB

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he couldn't keep a calm head in the championship, during our bad run he was at his very worst hence why everyone wanted him dropped for Coady, he just doesn't have the mentality to be a top CB

Coady really does need a good run in the side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

It seems to be a matter of it just needing to click for him. Or it doesn’t and he’ll never realise his potential 

It's certainly a different take, I'll give you that!

Not really sure what it clicking looks like for Faes but he'll never be great because he simply can't do that basics well as is so arrogant/has an over inflated opinion of his ability, he would have to completely reinvent himself as a player and a person to become a top defender.

52 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

It's certainly a different take, I'll give you that!

Not really sure what it clicking looks like for Faes but he'll never be great because he simply can't do that basics well as is so arrogant/has an over inflated opinion of his ability, he would have to completely reinvent himself as a player and a person to become a top defender.

I'm not saying he'll be a top defender but he could stay at a decent level if he just cut the crap out. or he could see himself back in the championship.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-cooper-refused-convince-victor-9527289

Late in the window, there were reports from Belgium that Wout Faes was hoping to leave City before the deadline and had told the club so,the 26-year-old centre-back apparently unhappy with the club’s lack of investment into the squad. Cooper denied that, and Faes has started both of City’s matches – against Tranmere and Aston Villa – since the speculation emerged.

“I think that’s probably transfer tittle-tattle,” Cooper said when asked about the report. “I’m just seeing guys work hard every day, which is a non-negotiable for me. Everybody who is here needs to want to be here. It’s business as usual.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-cooper-refused-convince-victor-9527289

Late in the window, there were reports from Belgium that Wout Faes was hoping to leave City before the deadline and had told the club so,the 26-year-old centre-back apparently unhappy with the club’s lack of investment into the squad. Cooper denied that, and Faes has started both of City’s matches – against Tranmere and Aston Villa – since the speculation emerged.

“I think that’s probably transfer tittle-tattle,” Cooper said when asked about the report. “I’m just seeing guys work hard every day, which is a non-negotiable for me. Everybody who is here needs to want to be here. It’s business as usual.”

Yeah but I watch Faes from the stands so I know what goes on inside his head :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yeah but I watch Faes from the stands so I know what goes on inside his head :rolleyes:

I know you’ve mentioned this a couple of times lately about Wout.

1) Are you saying that you believe the media comments don’t have an element of truth - we haven’t had similar about any of our other players this window.

2) When you watch his body language after he berates a team mate or even worse his weak demeanor when we concede, you can’t comment on these as I haven’t asked him how he feels?

Just trying to understand your logic.

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I know you’ve mentioned this a couple of times lately about Wout.

1) Are you saying that you believe the media comments don’t have an element of truth - we haven’t had similar about any of our other players this window.

2) When you watch his body language after he berates a team mate or even worse his weak demeanor when we concede, you can’t comment on these as I haven’t asked him how he feels?

Just trying to understand your logic.

I've no idea whether there's any truth about him wanting out but I am personally quite tired of reading "he thinks he's better than he is" about our players, usually - but not exclusively - aimed at anyone who gives the slightest hint of not wanting to play for Leicester for the rest of their lives

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

I've no idea whether there's any truth about him wanting out but I am personally quite tired of reading "he thinks he's better than he is" about our players, usually - but not exclusively - aimed at anyone who gives the slightest hint of not wanting to play for Leicester for the rest of their lives

I think there are crossed wires.

I’ve never said about him thinking that way.

I have however on numerous occasions called out his poor body language throughout a game.

His body language, way he berates players after his error personally infuriates me.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Posting this brilliant receovery challenge he made to stop Munoz from getting in. What Viktor Kristiansen is doing here, I have no idea, he's tracked Eze leaving his flank totally and utterly free!

Palace were really good there - pulled us all over the place 

Mateta dragged wout wide and then VK has to come across to cover for okoli v eze which leaves the right side open

faes did brilliantly to get across to cover the shot  

You need some help from your midfield/wide men to try and plug some gaps 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

I think we’d notice a stark contrast in how bad we’d be without him.  He will always be under appreciated because of how glaring his mistakes are but he is so tenacious and genuinely very good at stepping in early to get the ball back. 

Hes one of those that would look so much better as part of a competent back line and i don’t think he’s had that with us yet. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think we’d notice a stark contrast in how bad we’d be without him.  He will always be under appreciated because of how glaring his mistakes are but he is so tenacious and genuinely very good at stepping in early to get the ball back. 

Hes one of those that would look so much better as part of a competent back line and i don’t think he’s had that with us yet. 

Even just by putting Ricardo in the backline should be near enough sorted. Starting Belgian CB, starting Danish LB, Okoli who's on the fringes for Italy, and probably our best player at RB. 

But we have a shit manager so it won't happen. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

On 02/09/2024 at 10:35, Les-TA-Jon said:

Amazing what people can tell from the stands isn't it

On 02/09/2024 at 10:48, jim5000 said:

I mean, they only had to watch us on TV to see that. The guy scored two own goals on his foxes debut :facepalm:

Or even the TV.