Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

I cannot help thinking we are gonna win this. 

I really can't call this. Honestly, any scenario is entirely possible and plausible. 

This side of the Trent, I work with two ardent Forest fans. They are adamant that they will lose. They both said if we play like we did against Spurs, then they're in trouble.

TBF, I think they are hedging their bets, and secretly hoping for a win against the bottom side, and they're just getting their back-up excuses in early! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I really can't call this. Honestly, any scenario is entirely possible and plausible. 

This side of the Trent, I work with two ardent Forest fans. They are adamant that they will lose. They both said if we play like we did against Spurs, then they're in trouble.

TBF, I think they are hedging their bets, and secretly hoping for a win against the bottom side, and they're just getting their back-up excuses in early! 

....Forest transfer activity in the summer was outrageous, such a gamble not to bring the players that took you up and try to add to them!!!

They just could not stop shopping, anything that was on offer was scooped up to be paraded in front of their disbelieving supporters. They have had time to work on what they would be inclined to see as their best team, we just do not want them to click at this moment.

Our team is despondent, unable to keep leads, and getting carved open in games when they run out of steam and ideas. We have no excuse, we have been together for some time everyone knows everyone, and we should be favorites as a team that should be settled and experienced.

There will be no hiding place for the losers on the night, both teams will view this as a chance to start their season, and both teams will also see a defeat as the nadir of what they have become.

• Like 3

One hell of a match this coming Monday night a must win not only for Pride but to bounce back from a mauling by the spuds and getting ourselves a kick up the Arse to start collecting wins and 3 points, rather than capitulation and giving games away a must win for Rodgers too, haven’t got a clue what’s going on behind the scenes at LCFC but everyone needs to have a collected kick up the Arse stop all this Pi55ing about and get their season started for us time to pull together get points on the board and get us climbing this bloody table !

29 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

I may be going mad but I think I'd start Perez for this one. Can never fault his workrate & pressing so would hopefully sure our defense up & rewlly put pressure on their shaky back line. 

Either him or Albrighton

Castagne (or JJ, whoever plays right back) needs someone actually ahead of them to stop being left so exposed

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

I may be going mad but I think I'd start Perez for this one. Can never fault his workrate & pressing so would hopefully sure our defense up & rewlly put pressure on their shaky back line. 

This. Perez does a lot of defensive covering; I think this is why he kept getting picked when fans considered him out of form.

Tail end of last season, he was quite impressive. Give him a go. If nothing else he will put pressure on Forest’s Home Bargains defense.

48 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

This. Perez does a lot of defensive covering; I think this is why he kept getting picked when fans considered him out of form.

Tail end of last season, he was quite impressive. Give him a go. If nothing else he will put pressure on Forest’s Home Bargains defense.

I agree Perez can be amazing when he wants to be and his defensive support is superb at times, need to bring back Cags also if Johnny gets injured we’re buggered really unless he moves Wilf back but god knows why BR has lost faith in him ??

Has he managed to come up with any new ideas on our best defensive combo?

Has he been able to get the players to refocus 100% as clearly the focus of a few of them has  been lacking

Has he looked in the mirror ( well of course he has as I’m sure he looks at himself at least 5 times a day)  and decided he needs to focus on the job in hand and remember he is being payed a fortune to coach a football team?

No idea what to expect on Monday night, just hope for us all we get a nice win and it kick starts our season.

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Be the best thing for the club.  Problem is I don't think they'll sack him even if they lose.

I think if we lose he'll get the boot.

It can't go on forever.

It'd be 1 point from 8 games.
Losing in a home derby match and a relegation rival.

On 27/09/2022 at 18:09, oxtonfox said:

I have 2 bets in play. 

1. We lose to Forest and 

2. Steve Cooper will be the next manager to be sacked in the Premier League. 

Ridiculous as it may sound it is a good bet with our boards crazy lack of action. 

You're probably better waiting for 1 to happen before backing 2 for better odds.

Concerning that he has to base his decision making on fan feeling rather than the man losing 6 games on the spin and overseeing a mass decrease in value of the playing squad.

If a decision is based on one game, he shouldn't be making decisions as important as this.

• Like 2