Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Get what you’re saying from seasons gone but those long balls he plays into the channel for Vards to chase doesn’t really come off now. That said I would play Albrighton. At least he gives a fvck.

👍

There hasn't been any team building exercise or trip away this international break has there?

Dunno if Brendon would have sorted something like that anyway, but hope a core of players have got together and done something.  

I hope someone is doing something to help at least with the team spirit side of things.   

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Forest are currently 17/5 to win with Ladbrokes!

I’d call that value

City are 3/4

Usually when we're doing crap I bet on the opposition as a 'softener', a win-win situation, atleast i'd win some money if we're to lose kinda viewpoint.

This game, I'm thinking of backing us, to 'soften' the blow of it meaning he gets another month, thing is, at 3/4 it's hardly worth backing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

There hasn't been any team building exercise or trip away this international break has there?

Dunno if Brendon would have sorted something like that anyway, but hope a core of players have got together and done something.  

I hope someone is doing something to help at least with the team spirit side of things.   

Brendan wouldn’t bother surely? He doesn’t give a rats ass. The facts those running the club can’t see that is somewhat worrying. Ahh, who am I kidding, it’s terrifying.  Under Brendan we’ve typically had disastrous 2nd halves to the season. Buckle up my beauties.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’d definitely play Albrighton.

He’s pretty much the only player that’s on Vardy’s wavelength. If we start with Vardy, I’d play Marc for that reason.

Just think that he will give us a 6/10. He won’t change the game, but there comes a time and place where players who will do the basics well are needed.

This will get very grim if we are losing for long stretches of the game. Some say our home fanbase won't roundly turn on our manager regardless of the situation but I wouldn't be so sure. This is the perfect storm of a game and the horrors we find ourselves in. We will find out, that Percy article does absolutely no favours for trying to encourage the fans to stick together and get behind them, it's a carrot to quite clearly get Rodgers gone.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This will get very grim if we are losing for long stretches of the game. Some say our home fanbase won't roundly turn on our manager regardless of the situation but I wouldn't be so sure. This is the perfect storm of a game and the horrors we find ourselves in. We will find out, that Percy article does absolutely no favours for trying to encourage the fans to stick together and get behind them, it's a carrot to quite clearly get Rodgers gone.

No way would our present fan base turn on the manager.  There might be a load of boos but that’s about it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't see our majority of happy clappers roundly turning.

It all depends if vocal half has gained enough momentum to make it known.

The only way I see it turning grim (in the stands) is if the happy clappers take umbridge with the vocal half causing verbal's and who knows maybe even fist's thrown in certain section (Not advocating that but things get heated - we've already heard reports of scrapping between our own fans at Arsenal and Tottenham away).

12 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Just had a look and this hasn’t even sold out. 

No surprise really is it?

I know quite a few STH's saying they're not going (Some of which have already used the resale platform) - whether they have a change of heart on the day remains to be seen - My advice is go to this one, make your voices and opinions heard, even if we win - do not let that paper over anything and then if he's still in charge beyond this game vote with your feet.

Edited by Matt

A good chunk of home fans chanted for Puel to go and I think this is worse now as far as how disgusted our fans are, relegation looks certain if he stays where as with Puel it was fast becoming a possibility but we were just very underwhelmed and fed up. Couple that with a home game to the team that spanked us last season so embarrassingly who happen to be a bit of a local rival and its got grandma's windmilling sandwiches at the technical area all over it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Haven’t even sold out a local derby. New extension and all that though. 

me and my dad would buy a season ticket, I'd also buy a couple of tickets for this match, but I'm not buying a membership to buy a ticket. I wonder how many are like me? I'm also getting hacked off with the overpriced poor quality merchandise and shirts. I've decided i'm going to keep the money in my pocket unless this changes also

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

Get what you’re saying from seasons gone but those long balls he plays into the channel for Vards to chase doesn’t really come off now. That said I would play Albrighton. At least he gives a fvck.

He doesn't play a lot of those these days anyway, and his crosses these days tend to be more chips into the box than the 15/16 model that put endless defence splitters in. I'd just play him for his attitude and ability to track back though. I can't understand how he can be promoted to vice captain and then the only game time he gets is Stockport away.

I do want the win. Absolutely mental that it needs clarifying but we're in very, very strange times. I've had a few of late where I've thought a defeat will do us more good than harm in the future as it might alert the board to what needs to happen, but then if what's happened so far isn't going to alert them to it then I really don't know what it takes.

What's also depressing is the fact based on that Percy article, he probably goes if we lose this. That makes it a really infuriating scenario because should we lose it means we have probably pissed away three points, the ultimate gift of a chance to get some positivity back at the place, as presentable a chance as you could have but we didn't do it for any long term planning, we did it on a whim. We threw it, and worst of all Forest a lifeline, for nothing.

So with that weighed up, as much as I can't stand Rodgers and will still want him gone even if we win this 7-0, just get these beaten. We've given enough of the dross like these a leg up so far this season, don't push them any further. Crush their hope.

• Like 3