Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

On 30/09/2022 at 08:16, Saxondale said:

Re. Steve Cooper: I can’t figure it out. Is he:

A) A superb manager who has been strong-armed into signing 40 shìt players by his mentalist owner and/or various other clowns at the club?

or

B) Actually just a terrible manager, but probably still a good coach?

or

C) An absolute chancer?

I'm hoping A) as I can see him being our next manager and making it work

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 2

On 30/09/2022 at 12:24, HitchinFox said:

I think this is the game we'll start turning the corner.

I wanted Rodgers to go after the Spurs game. But he's still here. If Top and his family – who've given us everything that we've experienced over the past decade  –back him, then so do I. Despite what I really think of him and his coaching team. 

I'm desperately hoping we turn up – I mean REALLY turn up – and batter them, get some confidence and then start slowly climbing the table. 

I'd take 13-15th and a proper rebuild next summer, with or without Rodgers.  

The point is that Top had had an easy ride regarding having his views checked by crowd reaction. 

We've not even had a home game since I properly turned, man u being the last one where results have since proved that weren't a bad result considering how shit we've been since and that they appear to have turned a corner. 

I know I was a but slow on the uptake compared to others on here, but if others turned when I did then this is the first chance we've had.

Will be interesting Monday. Even if majorityof crowd have turned (and I'm hopeful but not convinced) we need to get the balance right between supporting our team, then letting them know what we think about the manager (regardless of result/one off performance for me) but that could prove difficult with people leaving early and I'm not sure I could be arsed to stay and let him know (boos, songs, just scream abuse?) if the sentiment wasn't there around me.

We shall see.

• Like 1

If we lose this, I'm not sure the fans would  have to make their feelings known, it will be clear and obvious to anyone, he surely wont survive a defeat  a draw, or even a narrow victory, surely it's got to be a convincing victory, even then, against Forest that wont be a marker given their form.

On 30/09/2022 at 06:31, volpeazzurro said:

The very sad thing is that this should be one of the highlight matches of the season due to the rivalry etc, a real humdinger of tension and passion after years of being in different divisions.

This is it for me, the life and soul has been sucked out of this football club, it's ****ing depressing.

45 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Rodgers cannot pick Ward!!.

If he does, he's absolutely taking the piss!!

He is going to. Rodgers was defending and supporting him in the press conference so I’d be surprised if Ward is dropped to the bench. Brendan is very stubborn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Should be buzzing for this but finding it difficult to give a toss. Lose and we're even deeper in the shit. Draw is no good and if we win it prolongs the pain of Brendan 

I've mentioned apathy and disillusion a few times.

You think you're at a point but it just keeps getting deeper and deeper by the day.

He will definitely play Ward 100%. It sums up our the current situation and him as a manager. He will NEVER admit he was wrong, to say he had 2 numbers 1s means he will be our number 1 until Rodgers has gone. He has his favourite players and he will never change from that. Look at Preat for example, he had a good preseason and never got a chance for any period of time. I’m not saying he is amazing because he’s not because he deserves a chance but Rodgers is too stubborn. Didn't Iverson save 3 pens in a shootout and still not get a a chance? Brunt had a good game, never seen again. I’m sure there are other examples? 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I've mentioned apathy and disillusion a few times.

You think you're at a point but it just keeps getting deeper and deeper by the day.

I've done well to avoid the Rodgers thread over the last week but the closer we get to the game the harder it is to ignore the feeling of dread. I'll never actively want us to lose and definitely not to these lot but a win is only papering over the cracks and delaying the inevitable