Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

Ward is a strange one. It seems true that goalkeepers in general are less likely to be dropped than a player putting a bad performance(a) outfield. I suppose how you done see GK subs for tactical reasons either. However, we came into the season with 2 GKs that nobody really felt they could choose between, most of us probably preferring Iverson as younger and had been playing regularly.

But it does stink of Rodgers stubbornness. He has no problem throwing other players under the bus to save his own skin after one bad performance (think that was the case with Castagne) yet he actively goes out his way to stick up for Ward….

• Like 1

I imagine Rodgers ain’t going anywhere for a while so let’s beat these get a bit of confidence in the team again and try get out of the mess we are in and hope one of the 150 teams that sack the manager before us want to take him off our hands 😂

• Like 2

I think we might bag this one.

Yes, Brendan still being manager basically means we’re playing with a 9 man team, but come on lads, let’s get behind the team tomorrow yeah? Pissing and moaning hasn’t got us anywhere so we may as well support the team and try to have some fun for a change.

I want him gone as much as the rest of you, but the Brendan Out saga has gone on for so long that I’m completely done with it. I’ve turned a corner this week and just want to start enjoying going to the footy again! It ain’t cheap.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

Just now, Raj said:

No matter what you think of BR, tomorrow  you forget about it.

We need this result as some of us work with Forest fans and it's a out pride.

Do you remember  how we felt when they whupped us in the Cup?

We cant have them best us tomorrow  at home so you need to get behind the TEAM.

It's not about the manager or the players, its about the club.

Dont make it a toxic environment  where the players are already scared, let's help them.

Brendan isnt going anywhere soon else he would have by now 

LCFC.

Brendan is going to Wolverhampton keep the Faith :D

42 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I think we might bag this one.

Yes, Brendan still being manager basically means we’re playing with a 9 man team, but come on lads, let’s get behind the team tomorrow yeah? Pissing and moaning hasn’t got us anywhere so we may as well support the team and try to have some fun for a change.

I want him gone as much as the rest of you, but the Brendan Out saga has gone on for so long that I’m completely done with it. I’ve turned a corner this week and just want to start enjoying going to the footy again! It ain’t cheap.

Couple of points, pissing and moaning, largely at games our support at games albeit quiet, has been pretty pro-active, content, happy (clapping), i'd say theres been no pissing and moaning. I must say i'm quite disappointed at our fanbase for that and it partly a reason why he's still in a job and why we're in this situation.

"Just want to start enjoying going to the footy again!" - Somethings gotta give and it starts with him going.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

If BR has lost the players then this is their opportunity to get rid of him.  One lacklustre performance, lose at home to the second worst side in the PL, one point in eight games, end up effectively 6 points away from overtaking the next team in the table (considering GD).  Top wouldn't have a lot of options.  If he can survive that he can survive anything.

Just now, Crinklyfox said:

If BR has lost the players then this is their opportunity to get rid of him.  One lacklustre performance, lose at home to the second worst side in the PL, one point in eight games, end up effectively 6 points away from overtaking the next team in the table (considering GD).  Top wouldn't have a lot of options.  If he can survive that he can survive anything.

Top is culpable for not acting in this international break, hopefully tomorrow it dawns on him how far we are in the shitter with Rodgers.

• Like 3

Come on people it's not over till the fa.... Generously proportioned lady sings and all this fan negativity is just depressing everyone.

It appears that Rodgers is not going to be sacked for weeks if at all.

So faced with a near inevitability

You have to ask yourselves which is more important : Screaming for his head imagining if we lose he goes?

Or screaming for our team to win in the face of adversity?

One of the most difficult things to do in life is to dare to admit you may be wrong, and if we start winning l for one will readily admit l was.

The part of the man we see and hear and his style of play l do dislike, but for me winning is much more important than sacking him, this doesn't mean that in the future (once we are safe) l wont be calling for a change because football should entertain and unless he fixes this too - (more unlikely than simply winning imo) - l dont watch to be bored.

People talk on here about putting a few quid on the other lot to "soften the blow" well l just cant do that, but winning the game for me softens the blow of Rodgers not being sacked!

Personally I'll be screaming for us to win because of who we are playing and because the only sure thing is a win = 3 points.

I really believe we WILL win this too.

• Like 1

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9542973/celtic-brendan-rodgers-leicester-loch-lomond/amp/

Rodgers said: “I took the senior staff to Loch Lomond for a couple of days after the Tottenham game, to go and reflect, talk and play a bit of golf.

“We played there for a couple of days, which was very nice. I enjoyed that and it breaks the cycle.

“It is also key because I know that you can’t isolate yourself and hide yourself away.”

Would have been best if you stayed there Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, J. James said:

Come on people it's not over till the fa.... Generously proportioned lady sings and all this fan negativity is just depressing everyone.

It appears that Rodgers is not going to be sacked for weeks if at all.

So faced with a near inevitability

You have to ask yourselves which is more important : Screaming for his head imagining if we lose he goes?

Or screaming for our team to win in the face of adversity?

One of the most difficult things to do in life is to dare to admit you may be wrong, and if we start winning l for one will readily admit l was.

The part of the man we see and hear and his style of play l do dislike, but for me winning is much more important than sacking him, this doesn't mean that in the future (once we are safe) l wont be calling for a change because football should entertain and unless he fixes this too - (more unlikely than simply winning imo) - l dont watch to be bored.

People talk on here about putting a few quid on the other lot to "soften the blow" well l just cant do that, but winning the game for me softens the blow of Rodgers not being sacked!

Personally I'll be screaming for us to win because of who we are playing and because the only sure thing is a win = 3 points.

I really believe we WILL win this too.

I like your posts so far.

And I agree.. the KP needs to be very very noisy tomorrow right from the off, in a positive way.

I think we’ll win too.

I think he’ll start Vardy and he’ll score two.

2-1 City 

59 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I imagine Rodgers ain’t going anywhere for a while so let’s beat these get a bit of confidence in the team again and try get out of the mess we are in and hope one of the 150 teams that sack the manager before us want to take him off our hands 😂

I pretty much agree with this, but then we'd probably end up with one of the other 150 failed and out of work managers !

I just can't see us getting any kind of result, unless we score a late late goal and they only have 30 seconds or so to equalise. 

We don't mark at corners. Worst keeper in the top 2 (even 3) divisions. Defence porous. Midfield is empty. Powder puff up front. We can't ride a storm. He can't make tactical substitutions or in game tweaks. He picks the wrong players but those correct players  who are picked are asked to perform the wrong role

City 1-4 Forest

• Like 3