Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

On 01/10/2022 at 07:09, Nalis said:

Welcome! It varies depending on where you are in the east stand, whats your row and seat number so I can accurately advise?

I've sat behind enemy lines at Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea, Derby to name but a few, I asked out of curiosity not for advice or reassurance, don't worry about me I'll be fine. 

All I hope for is for Rodgers to bin this horrific 4-3-3 which doesn’t work for us and goes back to the 4-2-3-1 which we used for the majority of pre-season and we actually looked ok. My team would be -

Iversen 

Castagne

Faes

Evans

Justin 

Ndidi 

KDH

Perez or Albrighton 

Madders 

Barnes 

Vardy 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ward is a strange one. It seems true that goalkeepers in general are less likely to be dropped than a player putting a bad performance(a) outfield. I suppose how you done see GK subs for tactical reasons either. However, we came into the season with 2 GKs that nobody really felt they could choose between, most of us probably preferring Iverson as younger and had been playing regularly.

But it does stink of Rodgers stubbornness. He has no problem throwing other players under the bus to save his own skin after one bad performance (think that was the case with Castagne) yet he actively goes out his way to stick up for Ward….

Yeah goalies do seem "a special case" and this manager seems to place an awful lot on "how he looked in training",  well training is one thing but actually doing it on the day is different, and maybe Ward just gets so nervous he cocks up.

I just think you have to give Iverson his chance both to encourage him and give healthy competition to Ward.

What happens if Ward makes a couple of catastrophic errors in the first 20 mins?

Does Rodgers hook him? Evidence would say not but then if there is no consequence for losing (for Rodgers) why would it be a problem to keep playing him and likewise not playing Soyuncu.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

We're in a mess, getting cut adrift and we're desperate for a win but in the long term, I think it does us more damage.

If we’ve kept him for one last chance and we win then it would be strange to sack him after he takes up that last chance.

After we kept him after two drubbings and past the point where we sacked other managers I don’t know anymore.

I feel someone on the board is having an emotional episode and I’m not even sure football results will change that.

Hopefully there’s there’s some magical point where we sack him if we near lose to Forest (again) and have a manager worse than other sacked managers.

Irrespective of the frustration re Rodgers and the shitshow so far this season , this is a game where we need to get behind the team roar them on to a desperately needed 3 points whilst dumping those deluded East Midland rivals at the foot of the table in our place! COYB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

If BR has lost the players then this is their opportunity to get rid of him.  One lacklustre performance, lose at home to the second worst side in the PL, one point in eight games, end up effectively 6 points away from overtaking the next team in the table (considering GD).  Top wouldn't have a lot of options.  If he can survive that he can survive anything.

Call him the 🪳 👀

1 hour ago, Redordead said:

I've sat behind enemy lines at Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea, Derby to name but a few, I asked out of curiosity not for advice or reassurance, don't worry about me I'll be fine. 

You'll be in more danger from the security if you give the game away. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Redordead said:

What a weird post hahah this lot are a bunch of creeps, aren’t they? 

2 hours ago, Redordead said:

How old are you dude? You lot haven't played the likes of West ham or Chelsea for nigh on 40 years. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Sky describing Stoke v Watford as the hors d'oeuvre before Man City v Man U. I suppose that make Leeds v Villa the stodgy pudding and Leicester v Forest the dodgy stomach the following day.

Brilliant lol 

I don't think I've ever heard 'hors d'oeuvre' ever used in a football analogy lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Couple of points, pissing and moaning, largely at games our support at games albeit quiet, has been pretty pro-active, content, happy (clapping), i'd say theres been no pissing and moaning. I must say i'm quite disappointed at our fanbase for that and it partly a reason why he's still in a job and why we're in this situation.

"Just want to start enjoying going to the footy again!" - Somethings gotta give and it starts with him going.

You’re sitting in a different area to me. Was expecting a bit more of a backlash to be honest, but I’ve no interest in arguing with anybody. But I don’t see the point in getting angry anymore for something I have zero control over. The fans have made their feelings clear and nothing has changed. BR still making the wrong decisions and Top still hasn’t got the balls to sack.

I’ll be delighted when he’s gone, but I’m powerless to change the situation. However what I can control how I react to it. Getting angry hasn’t got me anywhere other than frustrated.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Sky describing Stoke v Watford as the hors d'oeuvre before Man City v Man U. I suppose that make Leeds v Villa the stodgy pudding and Leicester v Forest the dodgy stomach the following day.

Lol... I can see you are a master of diplomatic language there Arkie... I think perhaps the word is puke or the other stuff!  🤣

• Haha 1

On 01/10/2022 at 01:09, Nalis said:

Welcome! It varies depending on where you are in the east stand, whats your row and seat number so I can accurately advise?

3 hours ago, Redordead said:

I think you missed the joke Red........ no matter,

I half imagine a scenario where we play shite, gallows humour kicks in and some City fans protest by celebratng Forest goals and ironically supporting them......dire times.... could be a bit more confusing than Millwall

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

The fans have made their feelings clear and nothing has changed. BR still making the wrong decisions and Top still hasn’t got the balls to sack.

....that is the point, the crowd at the game do not appear to have the same level of frustration as we on this forum!!!

Murmurings of discontent or leaving early is not an in your face shout to the board that something needs to change. Until their tolerance becomes exhausted and there is no alternative recourse, will we see any semblance of a challenge to Top, and the board.