Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

5 hours ago, J. James said:

Yeah goalies do seem "a special case" and this manager seems to place an awful lot on "how he looked in training",  well training is one thing but actually doing it on the day is different, and maybe Ward just gets so nervous he cocks up.

I just think you have to give Iverson his chance both to encourage him and give healthy competition to Ward.

What happens if Ward makes a couple of catastrophic errors in the first 20 mins?

Does Rodgers hook him? Evidence would say not but then if there is no consequence for losing (for Rodgers) why would it be a problem to keep playing him and likewise not playing Soyuncu.

You don't take your keeper off mid game. Can't ever recall it happening. I'd prefer to hope the guy makes a couple of decent saves and we start looking at where the side is actually failing.

Rodgers always bangs on about how people look in training. Same as with the set pieces. We always "work hard" on them in the week. Yet the team unable to score from a set piece is going up against the team unable to defend them so they're bound to look good.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Fucking lol. 

On a genuine note, the loss to them did honestly hurt some of our lot. I’ve heard out of their own mouths (or rather my brother did). Proof in the pudding tomorrow. 

And any Forest fan says Forest don’t feel the same - Dean Henderson is an interview when joining said he was looking forward to the Leicester game the most because that’s what the squad spoke about 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

Oh god.... we are actually playing tomorrow. I was starting to enjoy this happy life without Leicester City Football Club ruining my mood. Its going to be some nervy shit isn't it?

I know it’s a fools paradise - it’s been great watching Man U fans streaming out before half time and Stoke getting hammered without a care in the world. The thought of what we’re likely to serve up makes me physically sick. For gawd sake lads turn up tomorrow and play like you mean it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've explained to my girlfriend we have to watch this, I said they are playing the 2nd worst team in the league, probably lose, but there's a chance, even a stopped clock is right twice in the day,the law of averages says no matter how awful we are, we should win the odd game here and there.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

I've explained to my girlfriend we have to watch this, I said they are playing the 2nd worst team in the league, probably lose, but there's a chance, even a stopped clock is right twice in the day,the law of averages says no matter how awful we are, we should win the odd game here and there.

You have to get in the oppositions half to have even a chance of winning.

3 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Oh god.... we are actually playing tomorrow. I was starting to enjoy this happy life without Leicester City Football Club ruining my mood. Its going to be some nervy shit isn't it?

Yeah both teams are going to be nervous in possession. Can see us coming out the blocks fast and scoring first and then gradually Forest getting slowly back into the game.  I just hope we don’t pass it around the back too much and just boot it forward. 😉 

2 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Yeah both teams are going to be nervous in possession. Can see us coming out the blocks fast and scoring first and then gradually Forest getting slowly back into the game.  I just hope we don’t pass it around the back too much and just boot it forward. 😉 

Brendan will be very pissed off if that is the case.

We wouldn't be 'controlling the game' would we.

• Like 1