Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

“Is Brendan Rodgers under pressure? Absolutely. They’ve lost 6 in a row!” “There’s not too many people in the fan base that can claim he should stay. “Is there enough heart or commitment?” believes Brendan Rodgers will be feeling the heat at #LCFC

Embedded video
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, teblin said:

Isolate vardy, daka or Barnes on worrell we will be ok.

Forest don’t rate Joe Worrell either. They are saying he is not good enough for the premier league due to being too slow. But their main signing at centre half is injured as is Mangala. 

18 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry! Vardy upfront isolated yet again powder puff midfield. Shite goalkeeper, hopefully individual brilliance can save us, Brendan Out!

Ndidi has been woeful I agree with dropping him. 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

This. Absolutely. I want him gone as much as the next person. But this is the club’s future. This is a local rival and a relegation rival. Three points here, and another win in the next one or two games, and we are right back in it with some confidence flowing. Anyone saying they’d rather we lose to weaken the manager’s position is off their face on something. 

Totally agree.

Anything worse than 3pts and it may be championship football next season, will be a very long way back.  Know everybody says games before World Cup crucial and they are BUT this week sets that agenda.  This group of players needs some confidence, win ideally by 2 goals & go to Bournemouth stoked up to get right back into it.  2 wins, 4pts at worst and we are right back in it.

Leeds & Villa were truly abysmal yesterday, there is some real dross in the bottom half/third e.g. Wolves, Forest, Brentford & Bournemouth weren't brilliant on MOTD.

Don't care what people think of Rodgers, we don't want to be playing in the Championship next season.  Just stay up this season and the clearout can happen and we can go again on the investment front & build back up.

• Like 1

Nah it's going to be a Soumare master class tonight. Ndidi hasn't been at the races, and neither has KDH if we're being honest.

The lad Soumary, he's not sh1t he can't be, you can't win the league in France with a cdm that's not tracking, who's as bad as we're making him out to be. 

If that lineup is right, I don’t think it’s too bad.

Obviously, like everyone, I’m baffled why Iversen isn’t being given a go, he can’t be any worse than Ward.

Ndidi absolutely shouldn’t be in the side atm so no qualms with him being dropped, you could argue for Praet or Mendy instead of him, but I think Soumare can still come good.

I’m far from convinced Vardy is done yet, although it’s harsh on Nacho.

Biggest grumble for me is still sticking Maddison out on the wing when he has to come inside so often and leave the right back so isolated (not Maddison’s fault, he’s our best player and has taken over from Vardy as our talisman now and absolutely should be given the freedom to play more centrally, I just think it’s better to play 4231 and have him there to begin with).

But that side is still clearly superior to any side Forest can put out on paper and should be comfortably winning the game.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Despite the negativity in this thread, i am going to remain positive and predict we'll keep the score line below 4.

I feel like Forest are where they are because they have signed so many players and they haven't clicked yet or fully established how each other work. We are where we are because there's so many things wrong fundamentally with the club.

I've watched Forest a couple of times on TV this season and although they look bad, they do look more threatening than us going foward.

KDH is the only player in our team whos likely to fired up by the rivalry. I'd say Vardy too, but he's not touched the ball since the middle of last season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Despite the negativity in this thread, i am going to remain positive and predict we'll keep the score line below 4.

I feel like Forest are where they are because they have signed so many players and they haven't clicked yet or fully established how each other work. We are where we are because there's so many things wrong fundamentally with the club.

I've watched Forest a couple of times on TV this season and although they look bad, they do look more threatening than us going foward.

KDH is the only player in our team whos likely to fired up by the rivalry. I'd say Vardy too, but he's not touched the ball since the middle of last season.

Huh? Vardy had a superb run of form at the end of last season and couldn’t stop scoring. He had the best minutes to goals ratio in the PL last season.

He’s struggled this season so far, sure, but let’s not retcon his excellent season last season in order to exaggerate a point.

• Sad 1