Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

41 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Nah it's going to be a Soumare master class tonight. Ndidi hasn't been at the races, and neither has KDH if we're being honest.

The lad Soumary, he's not sh1t he can't be, you can't win the league in France with a cdm that's not tracking, who's as bad as we're making him out to be. 

He is well off the pace of the premier league, Inler and Adrien Silva are other examples of players who had quality but could not cope with the pace.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Huh? Vardy had a superb run of form at the end of last season and couldn’t stop scoring. He had the best minutes to goals ratio in the PL last season.

He’s struggled this season so far, sure, but let’s not retcon his excellent season last season in order to exaggerate a point.

Presumably you mean his two goals against Norwich and two goals against Watford....whilst two seems to be the number in questions, its ironically against two teams that are no longer in the league because they were that sh1t.

On 02/10/2022 at 09:29, Happy Fox said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9542973/celtic-brendan-rodgers-leicester-loch-lomond/amp/

Rodgers said: “I took the senior staff to Loch Lomond for a couple of days after the Tottenham game, to go and reflect, talk and play a bit of golf.

“We played there for a couple of days, which was very nice. I enjoyed that and it breaks the cycle.

“It is also key because I know that you can’t isolate yourself and hide yourself away.”

Would have been best if you stayed there Rodgers.

Can't hide away and isolate ourselves.....  not exactly... but good effort 

Screenshot_20221003-104253_Maps.jpg

If Ward starts, Maddison is on the right wing and Soumare is the holding defender, then it's basically beyond doubt that Rodgers is trying to get sacked without making it look too obvious.

On paper the team looks good but if you know your onions you know that Maddison at RW is nowhere near the player he is when he plays at 10 and Soumare's main weakness if being alert and defensively minded.

Add into that a colossal lack of confidence, I expect the superior manager to win tonight, despite being given 20 players that he's had to try and mould into a team within a month or two.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If Ward starts, Maddison is on the right wing and Soumare is the holding defender, then it's basically beyond doubt that Rodgers is trying to get sacked without making it look too obvious.

On paper the team looks good but if you know your onions you know that Maddison at RW is nowhere near the player he is when he plays at 10 and Soumare's main weakness if being alert and defensively minded.

Add into that a colossal lack of confidence, I expect the superior manager to win tonight, despite being given 20 players that he's had to try and mould into a team within a month or two.

That is the team pal

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Maddison is still great on the right wing, but if you look at his average position, he essentially drifts inside to become a number 10 anyway, to take control of the game. That's the issue more than him being crap there, it completely exposes our right back, especially given Castagne, Justin and Ricardo are all very attacking full-backs as it is. 

Here is our average positions vs Spurs for example, we lined up as a 4-3-3 with Maddison on the wing, but he essentially played central and Castagne essentially played as a right winger, meaning it was so easy for Spurs to get at us down our right. Compare it to the left where Barnes is actually playing largely as a winger

image.png.81447729ddfed71228ed8b5dfc799afd.png

And here's our average position vs Brighton - essentially the same thing comparing Maddison to Barnes. Barnes plays as a winger, but Maddison does not, he plays centrally, this time it's Justin instead of Castagne (an equally attacking full-back) who is completely exposed essentially playing as a right winger.

image.png.238c62c3dd20e0151bf8c4fe7c2a2a82.png

It's not that Maddison is bad on the wing, it's the we essentially play him as number 10 anyway when he starts there and therefore basically forego having a right-winger and leave the full-back so exposed and it becomes so easy to attack us down our right.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9542973/celtic-brendan-rodgers-leicester-loch-lomond/amp/

Rodgers said: “I took the senior staff to Loch Lomond for a couple of days after the Tottenham game, to go and reflect, talk and play a bit of golf.

“We played there for a couple of days, which was very nice. I enjoyed that and it breaks the cycle.

“It is also key because I know that you can’t isolate yourself and hide yourself away.”

So let me get this straight........we are in a dire situation which is dividing this club....and instead of working hard all week they went up to one of the most exclusive golf clubs in the world and had a jolly. I'm sorry but I just don't understand how that helps us defend better?!

If they were desperate to play golf, why not play locally and meet some city fans to understand the sentiment at the moment? OR considering how ****ed we are....why not stay at the training ground and PLAY THE IN HOUSE GOLF COURSE.

Talk about burying your head in the sand.

The average Leicester fan wouldn't even be let in through the gates at loch Lomond and is famous for the sheer volume of whiskey you will consume after your round.

This guy is such a melt!

It's one of those rare occasions where against any other team, you'd accept a loss for the greater good and get rid of BR. But you just can't do that against these scumbags. We cannot lose to these and if we do, I hope BR packs his bags and ****s off at full time.

• Like 2

I reckon that in Brendan’s bag he had 6 drivers, three putters, and a gap wedge … which he only used for getting off the tee. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think more than ever tonight fans need to be 100% behind the team and management before and during the game, for 90 plus mins we need to put the last 7 games behind us and view tonight's game as a fresh start to the season, the tv cameras will be there, lets make it an electric atmosphere, spur the team on and make it a night to remember. 

Fearless foxes never die 

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1