Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

26 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Maddison is still great on the right wing, but if you look at his average position, he essentially drifts inside to become a number 10 anyway, to take control of the game. That's the issue more than him being crap there, it completely exposes our right back, especially given Castagne, Justin and Ricardo are all very attacking full-backs as it is. 

Here is our average positions vs Spurs for example, we lined up as a 4-3-3 with Maddison on the wing, but he essentially played central and Castagne essentially played as a right winger, meaning it was so easy for Spurs to get at us down our right. Compare it to the left where Barnes is actually playing largely as a winger

image.png.81447729ddfed71228ed8b5dfc799afd.png

And here's our average position vs Brighton - essentially the same thing comparing Maddison to Barnes. Barnes plays as a winger, but Maddison does not, he plays centrally, this time it's Justin instead of Castagne (an equally attacking full-back) who is completely exposed essentially playing as a right winger.

image.png.238c62c3dd20e0151bf8c4fe7c2a2a82.png

It's not that Maddison is bad on the wing, it's the we essentially play him as number 10 anyway when he starts there and therefore basically forego having a right-winger and leave the full-back so exposed and it becomes so easy to attack us down our right.

Agreed, it significantly weakens us by playing him out wide because the only way he can be effective is by drifting inside, which then leaves the RB exposed. The periods of the game where he does stay wide he offers very little in an attacking or defensive sense.

Combine that with Barnes, Soumare and Youri's lack of ability to defend, it leaves us massively vulnerable. If Cooper is half the manager I think he is, his Forest team should get plenty of joy against us.

If he shows us respect and sits in deep then he's absolutely daft with the aim of keeping it 0-0 then he's daft.

Just now, StanSP said:

Weirdly exciting for this game despite the malaise we're in. 

If Rodgers and the players can't get up for this and get the fvcking 3 points we need AND want, then there's surely no way for Rodgers to stay. 

Lose this and he's a goner. It's surely unfathomable for any other scenario if we fail to pick up a point tonight. 

I pray we win, but more that that, I pray that we play well. A win that is down to how bad Forest were or Maddison pulling something out of the hat won't do anything to change anyones mind. We need to be organised at the back, aggressive out of possession and purposeful in possession.

Even if we do that it may not change many peoples mind, but it will take some of the heat off for the next match and at least create an environment that may be able to sustain a turnaround with Rodgers at the helm.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Lose this and he's a goner. It's surely unfathomable for any other scenario if we fail to pick up a point tonight. 

Surely a draw and he's a goner? If we can't beat the team in 19th at home then we are doomed.

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Do you really think he survived the last 2 weeks over an international break only to get sacked next game? Would be strange, although Wolves did exactly that.

I may be late to the party on this, but I gather there will be a large banner in the Kop tonight saying ‘Brendan out’ or whatever.

I think it’s time for a change, but I also want to win this football match and all the other ones we are in. I don’t think this helps. It will essentially guarantee that the atmosphere is toxic from the first minute.

Is it not better to have a protest or something outside the game before and after the game?

* edit - ‘Brendan put’ might look like we want him to stay put!

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I may be late to the party on this, but I gather there will be a large banner in the Kop tonight saying ‘Brendan put’ or whatever.

I think it’s time for a change, but I also want to win this football match and all the other ones we are in. I don’t think this helps. It will essentially guarantee that the atmosphere is toxic from the first minute.

Is it not better to have a protest or something outside the game before and after the game?

No because Top won’t get the message.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Do you really think he survived the last 2 weeks over an international break only to get sacked next game? Would be strange, although Wolves did exactly that.

Yes.

Get pumped by our local rivals at home, rock bottom of the league, probably odds-on to get relegated with a crowd that has just delivered the most toxic atmosphere we've likely seen since we dropped into the 3rd division in front of the owner of the football club. 

There's no way even he survives that. 

(now watch as I'm proved entirely wrong) 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Do we expect any fan troubles in the city tonight? 

Considering the problems some of our fans caused at their place last year, combined with the position were are both in, I think it's pretty much inevitable there is going to be trouble tonight unfortunately

I would honestly avoid the pubs anywhere near the train station or the middle of town

Edited by MrSpaM

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Agreed, it significantly weakens us by playing him out wide because the only way he can be effective is by drifting inside, which then leaves the RB exposed. The periods of the game where he does stay wide he offers very little in an attacking or defensive sense.

Combine that with Barnes, Soumare and Youri's lack of ability to defend, it leaves us massively vulnerable. If Cooper is half the manager I think he is, his Forest team should get plenty of joy against us.

If he shows us respect and sits in deep then he's absolutely daft with the aim of keeping it 0-0 then he's daft.

this

although it doesn't take much insight to get the ball wide and drive it against the full back to win a corner .....

• Like 2