Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

15 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Dyche in charge vs the F word at the KP......Cooper in the other dugout on thin ice....still not knowing his best XI.....Vardy supercharged on Red Bull and Sherry bangs in a hat trick and cups his ears to the Florist lot who've been berating him all match.....Leicesters season begins

Then did you wake up or did you turn the carlsberg advert off?

• Haha 1

We've only beaten teams below us in the table for as long as I can remember..it's a bit difficult to do that when you are bottom lol 

New manager or not this period between now and the world cup is ridiculously important. Goes well and we might go into a comfortable season, goes badly and we're as good as down. 

Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds, Wolves, Man City, Everton, West Ham. Probably need to win as many as 5 of these. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We've only beaten teams below us in the table for as long as I can remember..it's a bit difficult to do that when you are bottom lol 

New manager or not this period between now and the world cup is ridiculously important. Goes well and we might go into a comfortable season, goes badly and we're as good as down. 

Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds, Wolves, Man City, Everton, West Ham. Probably need to win as many as 5 of these. 

Absolutely.  Ideally 4 pts from next 2 games, better if 6.  Then Palace, Leeds, Wolves.

Just for Gods sake don't keep continuing to concede 2 goals a game and we have a chance.

They just need confidence, that why Forest and Bournemouth are so important, and don't fanny about at the back if we go in front, if in doubt get rid forward, hard for them to score from the half way line Danny, Jonny, Wilf etc.

38 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Absolutely.  Ideally 4 pts from next 2 games, better if 6.  Then Palace, Leeds, Wolves.

Just for Gods sake don't keep continuing to concede 2 goals a game and we have a chance.

They just need confidence, that why Forest and Bournemouth are so important, and don't fanny about at the back if we go in front, if in doubt get rid forward, hard for them to score from the half way line Danny, Jonny, Wilf etc.

We have stopped conceding 2 goals a game, it was 6 and 5 in the last 2......:ph34r:

4231. I don't care who plays from the right. At this point my preferred choice would be Maddison and Iheanacho rotating. Behind either Daka or Vardy, not sure Daka did anything wrong so he carries on for me. 

Ndidi and Tielemans central. Let Tielemans be the one receiving the ball from the centre backs. Ndidi protecting the right hand side and giving Castagne some help. 

The lift that we desperately needed for this game isn't coming. 

I really wanted to be able to look forward to this with a renewed sense of optimism but Instead It will be apathy. 

Even if we win this I will want him gone. Any celebration of goals or victory are not a reflection on feeling towards management. 

And if we lose, then the fans genuinely need to start and make themselves felt here, no excuses. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I think we’ll beat Forest personally. They don’t know what they are doing (neither do we) but I think we’ll ‘turn up’ and get all three points.

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think we’ll beat Forest personally. They don’t know what they are doing (neither do we) but I think we’ll ‘turn up’ and get all three points.

Not if Rodgers is still here. They will be really up for this, and we won't be. We may score 2 but that won't be enough. Atmosphere will either be like a cemetery or toxic if we go a goal down. Our players are mentally shot.

We will win this game with or without Rodgers.

I don’t know if people have actually watched Forest this season but they are absolutely awful. They make us look difficult to play through. And for the most part even when we’ve fluctuated between poor and crap for the last 10 months or so we have put away the sides at the bottom of the league at home.

My biggest worry is not that we lose with Rodgers in charge, it’s that we win with him in charge. Given the incomprehensibly low threshold he seems to have to hit to keep his job I can’t begin to imagine how entrenched a home win against the side one place above us might make him.

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We will win this game with or without Rodgers.

I don’t know if people have actually watched Forest this season but they are absolutely awful. They make us look difficult to play through. And for the most part even when we’ve fluctuated between poor and crap for the last 10 months or so we have put away the sides at the bottom of the league at home.

My biggest worry is not that we lose with Rodgers in charge, it’s that we win with him in charge. Given the incomprehensibly low threshold he seems to have to hit to keep his job I can’t begin to imagine how entrenched a home win against the side one place above us might make him.

👍

Cooper getting 2 weeks with the team to actually work on shape, it wouldn't surprise me if they look a somewhat more cohesive unit than they have done.

Thats all they need to be. Remember Steve Bruce outclassed Rodgers with a weak Newcastle team. There's absolutely nothing to say Cooper isn't capable of doing the same.