Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

Iversen

Castagne Faes Evans Justin

Soumare Ndidi

Maddison         Tielemans              Barnes

Vardy

By going to 2 defensive midfielders it allows our full backs to bomb on giving us width, without us being caught on the break as they can slot in to protect these areas.

It also allows Tielemans to play in his preferred role and not always be trying to make last ditch tackles.

We would dominate possession and outclass them in midfield.

Only question mark is possibly play Nacho instead of Vardy as he is better on the turn and Vardys lack of form recently... (but I can't bring myself to bench Vardy - especially not against Forrest!)

None of this will happen of course as Brendan will stick with Ward and the rest for no plausible reason other than he is looking to be sacked £££

You would like to hope his repetition as a manager means more than a pay out and holiday in the Maldives for Christmas

Edited by gd4foxes
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

Iversen

Soumare Ndidi

Vardy

By going to 2 defensive midfielders it allows our full backs to bomb on giving us width, without us being caught on the break as they can slot in to protect these areas.

It also allows Tielemans to play in his preferred role and not always be trying to make last ditch tackles.

Only question mark is possibly play Nacho instead of Vardy as he is better on the turn and Vardys lack of form recently... (but I can't bring myself to bench Vardy - especially not against Forrest!)

None of this will happen of course as Brendan will stick with Ward and the rest for no plausible reason other than he is looking to be sacked £££

You would like to hope his repetition as a manager means more than a pay out and holiday in the Maldives for Christmas

I like all of this. 

9 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

Iversen

Soumare Ndidi

Vardy

Ndidi should be nowhere near the team give Mendy or Braybrooke a chance.

• Like 3

Just can’t see us getting anything. We have lose the ability to get results it’s as simple as that. They’ve had two shocking results at home to Bournemouth and Fulham but have a better manager in Cooper who will use the international break to build up the team and get them on track. 

Meanwhile Brendan will be skulking around Seagrave telling everyone who will listen it is all Cag’s fault!

Just can’t see us having the desire to battle for it.

However there was a post that made me laugh on the match thread on the Forest forum, basically about how many players over 6ft we have and how they will struggle to match us in the air and with Maddison’s delivery we’ll be too much for them at set pieces lol

Not laughing at Maddison or anything but funny how we say how short a team we have and like against Roma, we hadn’t enough height to deal with them. Who are Forest fielding? Snow White in goal, the 7 in defence and midfield and some kids from the local school?

4 hours ago, gd4foxes said:

Iversen

Soumare Ndidi

Vardy

Yes

5 hours ago, gd4foxes said:

Iversen

Soumare Ndidi

Vardy

I wouldn’t be against this at all. Tough choices have to be made for the sake of the team. We need to compete across the pitch and have potency in attack. I like soumare and feel that he has shown glimpses of what he can be recently but not sure he will naturally slot in to cover or track back defensively. I would play Mendy in but experience shows that he doesn’t combine well there with ndidi. Difficult choice to drop ndidi and lose his physicality by playing both Mendy and soumare in this game together - probably not. I’d like to see Cags play but clearly Brendan doesn’t. 
I’d also like to see Maddison more central.  Tielemans gets into trouble when he loses the ball with the team high up the pitch. Further back In the pack of midfield and in transistion he generally competes very well and not being the quickest he usually doesn’t find himself isolated in there. I like the back four but I’d bring in either Perez or albrighton on the right of midfield/wing to balance the right channel better and to help castagne. Difficult to leave KDH out but there you go. Flexibility there to change shape as and when necessary. Decent bench too. Stick an electric pulse device on the GPS vests to give them a jolt when they need sharpening up. 

Iverson

castagne  Faes  evans. Justin

Ndidi

Perez/Marc.   Youri madders. Barnes

Vardy or Daka

Said it in another thread, the best team is obvious.

Iversen

Ndidi Tielemans

Perez Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Its not even difficult. Unless you’re a very highly paid football manager it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1