Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

One would be hard done by, the other deserved and expected in the media’s eyes.

Ally McCoist “I think they will beat Forest”

I’m terrified and sickened by the thought of beating them for what that means for us going forward, that shouldn’t be the case but it’s the situation our board have put me/us in.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m terrified and sickened by the thought of beating them for what that means for us going forward, that shouldn’t be the case but it’s the situation our board have put me/us in.

Wouldn’t be surprised if a draw sees them both sacked 

• Like 2

I'd like to see Papy and Albrighton get a chance get a chance, which saddens me as it shows how low we are at the moment. They're never gonna change a game but they're safe hands. Iversen should get the nod.

You'd hope we'd rise to the occasion but fell it's going to be an awful game of football. Will learn more from this game than any other this season, for both clubs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Cannot believe that the murmurings for Cooper to be sacked have already started. I honestly think that they should just give him the season at least, they would 100% get on the merry-go round and go for managers like Allardyce, Benitez et al.

I actually think he is a decent manager, seems to be pragmatic in his approach. This is why they will probably beat us, he will utilise this break to integrate players and change the system up. 

They are a really poor side but we are pathetic, said this about a month ago but we aren’t picking any points up with this clown in charge. Rodgers will probably spend this time to tell everyone how brilliant he is.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3

Would like to see

Iversen

Castagne, Faes, Evans, JJ

Tielemans, Mendy

Perez, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

Maybe Albrighton for Perez

I don’t think we can forgo wingers and go narrow/diamond unfortunately as the instructions he has our full backs playing with (specifically on the right so far) when there is no winger ahead of them is tactical suicide, so this would at least offer Castagne some support

Expecting to see

Ward

Castagne, Faes, Evans, JJ

Tielemans, Soumare, KDH

Maddison, Daka, Barnes

Maybe Vardy for Daka

Still expecting to see the massive issues we are seeing with the setup on the right side

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Cannot believe that the murmurings for Cooper to be sacked have already started. I honestly think that they should just give him the season at least, they would 100% get on the merry-go round and go for managers like Allardyce, Benitez et al.

I actually think he is a decent manager, seems to be pragmatic in his approach. This is why they will probably beat us, he will utilise this break to integrate players and change the system up. 

They are a really poor side but we are pathetic, said this about a month ago but we aren’t picking any points up with this clown in charge. Rodgers will probably spend this time to tell everyone how brilliant he is.

Cooper is already gone according to 2 greek friends of mine that are very close to Marinakis sources. These 2 got it right also two weeks before Corberan was sacked and I've posted it here in the PL thread. Benitez will be the next Forest manager. 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Cooper is already gone according to 2 greek friends of mine that are very close to Marinakis sources. These 2 got it right also two weeks before Corberan was sacked and I've posted it here in the PL thread. Benitez will be the next Forest manager. 

Laughable, if that is true. He should have been granted an untouchable status this season, but I do think he has probably fallen out with Marinakis.

I’ve thought this for a while, but I don’t think he was the one pushing for all these signings. He seems astute, not sure how true it was, but there were a few rumours that he was annoyed about certain signings. 

They will get somebody just like Benitez, do terribly, he’ll get sacked and get a huge pay off. This cycle will then repeat itself until they go down.

43 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Laughable, if that is true. He should have been granted an untouchable status this season, but I do think he has probably fallen out with Marinakis.

I’ve thought this for a while, but I don’t think he was the one pushing for all these signings. He seems astute, not sure how true it was, but there were a few rumours that he was annoyed about certain signings. 

They will get somebody just like Benitez, do terribly, he’ll get sacked and get a huge pay off. This cycle will then repeat itself until they go down.

You probably don't know how Marinakis operates. Ofc Cooper didn't have any involvement in the signings. This is a Marinakis team. That guy is mental. At Olympiakos he sacked Martins and hired Corberan who was sacked after 1 month. Marinakis signed Marcelo and Martinez without even asking Corberan who went there without any summer pre season dealing with players he's never chosen. And he was sacked after 4 weeks. 

If you ever find any logic behind Marinakis decisions just go and tell about it to Olympiakos and Forest fans. Forest will be soon to League One as long as Marinakis is there. And I love it. 

Perez should be starting imo. If you look back to our games 2 seasons ago against arsenal at home and everton at home, we were playing good football and had scored the most goals in the league and Perez was creating a lot of chances for us judging by the highlights. Perez can play in the RW position which also allows maddison to play centrally so i dont really understand why hes not been getting a look in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

Forest seem confident of a win. 

30FF54DB-DB52-487E-937D-2C9A2AE29901.png

Dont blame them, their team will be well up for it and there are endless examples of us folding under the slightest pressure. Can already see us passing casually around the back and getting done countlessly on the counter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

4-2 loss seem the likely scoreline. daka and maddison to score 

No it doesn't. Get behind the team, we need to be as loud as it gets, suffocate them. I don't care if this buys more time for Rodgers, we need 3/3 wins in our next fixtures. Cooper is done already, 4-1-2-1-2 with Nacho and Vardy up front. 

• Like 1

The issue is they are shit, defensively shit, as bad as us shit yet they will do what Spurs did. Let us pretend we can knock it around and press high than just counter - likes of Dennis and Johnson find themselves on man for man situations time and time again 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Forests situation is slightly different to our own. There’s a rot set within the core of our club, and that rot is Brendan.

Forest are adapting to life in the league, they’ve recruited an entire extra team pretty much, which will take along to to bed in.

At the moment we’re so devoid of any confidence, and so beaten and battered that the only way we will recover is with new leadership. We are leaderless, and on a crash course.

Forest only need to turn up for a fight and they will win comfortably.

The ridiculous thing is, Brendan might finally get sacked after the defeat, a defeat which is a certainty….. when we’ve had two weeks to sort this mess out and decided not to. 

25 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

No it doesn't. Get behind the team, we need to be as loud as it gets, suffocate them. I don't care if this buys more time for Rodgers, we need 3/3 wins in our next fixtures. Cooper is done already, 4-1-2-1-2 with Nacho and Vardy up front. 

you need to realistic. not winning another game with rodgers in charge

4 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'd like to see Papy and Albrighton get a chance get a chance, which saddens me as it shows how low we are at the moment. They're never gonna change a game but they're safe hands. Iversen should get the nod.

You'd hope we'd rise to the occasion but fell it's going to be an awful game of football. Will learn more from this game than any other this season, for both clubs.

I totally agree with Mendy's inclusion. Totally beyond me if he doesn't replace Nididi.

Could be a blessing in disguise playing these lot. No way Brendan keeps his job if we lose. Atmosphere will be toxic. Boo boys will be out in force and lets not forget the complete dick heads who trashed the place last time out. I'm sure they will bring their version of idiots to do the same. This fixture has gone from being the one to look forward to the most to being one of the worst. 

Lets get it over with.

Up the foxes.