Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Forest [H] Pre Match Thread.

I keep seeing a symbolic image of a wounded fox limping across a field looking for a route to safety when suddenly on the horizon a load of Robin Hood types appear from the trees pointing their bows and arrows at poor filbert, licking their lips at the thought of such an easy target there for the taking…….then I wake up and realise Forest are s**t too so 1-1 :dunno:

On 21/09/2022 at 11:13, gd4foxes said:

Iversen

Castagne Faes Evans Justin

Soumare Ndidi

Maddison         Tielemans              Barnes

Vardy

By going to 2 defensive midfielders it allows our full backs to bomb on giving us width, without us being caught on the break as they can slot in to protect these areas.

It also allows Tielemans to play in his preferred role and not always be trying to make last ditch tackles.

We would dominate possession and outclass them in midfield.

Only question mark is possibly play Nacho instead of Vardy as he is better on the turn and Vardys lack of form recently... (but I can't bring myself to bench Vardy - especially not against Forrest!)

None of this will happen of course as Brendan will stick with Ward and the rest for no plausible reason other than he is looking to be sacked £££

You would like to hope his repetition as a manager means more than a pay out and holiday in the Maldives for Christmas

....really cannot see Maddison being jettisoned for Tielemans and playing Tielemans out of position!!!

Tielemans is effective when we press and look to play in the opponents half, but Maddison needs to be in the #10 role.

I have no real, definite idea on how we should approach this game, just hope we come out of it with 3 points. Desperate for that first win on the board to give us a bit of hope. 

Seems a long way off, but a clean sheet here would be unbelievably massive for confidence. Extremely hard to see it coming, but a dog fight with our local rivals on our turf will hopefully ignite the presently dimming flame in both our performances this season, and the mood throughout the club. I hope our fans make some positive noise early on, and give the players some belief, but if it ends up in catastrophe like in the last 2 weeks in particular, make the concerns known. 

Only thing I think is 100% needed tactically is Maddison in the 10, and Barnes and Perez either side of him. 

Anyone got any ideas on how we could nullify Forest? From what I've seen so far of them, they seen quite reliant on getting their wing-backs high and crosses into the box - Awoniyi looks a handful and is physical, which doesn't suit our lads. May leave space open for Barnes behind Neco Williams, though. 

I’ve had four gins and I don’t care. I hope we get absolutely smashed.

Something, somehow has to ram it home to whomsoever is making the calls that what is going on is so damn wrong it hurts.

I want Rodgers, the club, and the wider world to burn in flames that lick the flesh from limbs. Gah. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Pedro02 said:

I have no real, definite idea on how we should approach this game, just hope we come out of it with 3 points. Desperate for that first win on the board to give us a bit of hope. 

Seems a long way off, but a clean sheet here would be unbelievably massive for confidence. Extremely hard to see it coming, but a dog fight with our local rivals on our turf will hopefully ignite the presently dimming flame in both our performances this season, and the mood throughout the club. I hope our fans make some positive noise early on, and give the players some belief, but if it ends up in catastrophe like in the last 2 weeks in particular, make the concerns known. 

Only thing I think is 100% needed tactically is Maddison in the 10, and Barnes and Perez either side of him. 

Anyone got any ideas on how we could nullify Forest? From what I've seen so far of them, they seen quite reliant on getting their wing-backs high and crosses into the box - Awoniyi looks a handful and is physical, which doesn't suit our lads. May leave space open for Barnes behind Neco Williams, though. 

What exactly DOES suit our lads right now?..

The oppo not turning up?😂

• Like 1

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

I said it before spurs but there's danger in these extended breaks between games. I forget how bad things are and start getting that optimism that we can turn it round. Absolutely kills me each time we go and **** it up.

What’s even worse if we often score first. And then after going 2-1 down we equalise just before half time. Each phase makes me think we could turn the corner and finally push on.

Then the second half starts. What does he say to them at half time?

I just cannot believe this club. Forest in a Premier League fixture for the first time in a generation and we're going to go to it in the knowledge that a win probably hurts us in the long run. I can't describe how shit this actually is. Haven't been so disillusioned since about 2008.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 20/09/2022 at 10:33, Leicester_Loyal said:

4-1 loss and Rodgers finally goes, but it’ll probably be too late. 

It's like we'll have been hit with a points deduction which might be the very thing the club are scared of if they break FFP. How ironic. 

We'd need 35+ points from 30 games if Forest beat us, I'd still hope we've got that in us under a new manager. If he gets yet more time and we keep losing then I'd like to report a heinous crime please because this is sickening.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's like we'll have been hit with a points deduction which might be the very thing the club are scared of if they break FFP. How ironic. 

We'd need 35+ points from 30 games if Forest beat us, I'd still hope we've got that in us under a new manager. If he gets yet more time and we keep losing then I'd like to report a heinous crime please because this is sickening.

If we lose to Forest we would need 39 points from 30 games - 1.3 points per game

Over a full season that ppg would get you 49 points - 11th, 12th, 12th in the last 3 seasons

We are just about still at being able to stay up if a new manager got us playing at mid table level

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If we lose to Forest we would need 39 points from 30 games - 1.3 points per game

Over a full season that ppg would get you 49 points - 11th, 12th, 12th in the last 3 seasons

We are just about still at being able to stay up if a new manager got us playing at mid table level

Obviously 40 points is the holy grail but it's highly likely we need less than that or highly unlikely we need more than that. Either way the total amount we need is about what we've average in the last year which is the scary part, Where's rock bottom for us 😳😳😳

Definitely had a dream that we went 2-0 down to Forest and the camera just panned on Rodgers doing that annoying little clap. Game finished 5-0 and I woke up before I could find out if he was sacked.

It was unrealistic though as I was actually at the game and that hasn't happened since 2008 :D

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 hours ago, Craig said:

Shame, I was looking forward to the part when it flew over in the dark.

The man's stupidity is boundless. 🤣🤣🤣