Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

6 hours ago, LFox99 said:

The Telegraph/ Percy suggested he's a target, L Mercury just quickly snatched that bit of info away and ran their own story

Only a matter of time before names started to emerge . BR definitely toast then and his pay off will only allow enough funds for a dime store replacement 

14 minutes ago, taupe said:

Brave of you to say that! It's a possibility too. Maybe some on the board have a degree of faith in him.

5-2 and 6-2 4-2 and even losing 1-0 to Man Utd. How can you have faith? If we lost 2-1 yesterday and we played well then maybe we could see a glimmer, but they must understand that performances have been awful in every game. 

unless they see it as we’ve played mainly top six and forest is the acid test. If so, then we’re dead in the water. 

m Can’t see Frank leaving a stable well ran club in his vision to a club in chaos and highly likely dropping a division. If we were higher then Brentford then a possibility. But not now. Not what we’ve shown this season. It’ll have to be someone out of work imo

I have never openly wanted a manager to get sacked, but we can all see he is the problem. But we need a change now and not later as later will be too late to even stand a chance. 

Thanks for the fa cup, European travels but enough is enough.

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LFox99 said:

The Telegraph/ Percy suggested he's a target, L Mercury just quickly snatched that bit of info away and ran their own story

We’ll be relegated under Frank, the Brentford structure gets the best out managers who often struggle when leaving. I’m sure the club have no idea about that though.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We’ll be relegated under Frank, the Brentford structure gets the best out managers who often struggle when leaving. I’m sure the club have no idea about that though.

Has occurred to me too

maybe we are going to go back to our way of doing things which was more akin to what Brentford do 

what I do know is that on he opening day of the season, I saw a coach who was looking at his team struggling big time after an hour and he made changes to his shape/personnel more than once thereafter to get a result 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure why Nathan Jones and Roy Hodgson are on the list..

Screenshot_20220918-094513_Chrome.jpg

Nathan Jones has done very well at Luton and Hodgson came out of retirement before. Hodgson and Benitez are the safe hands who I think would do well with the players we have. Dyche may be too much of a change in style. Surely they would not be interested in Solsjkaer or risk Bielsa.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Frank has much more about him than you appear to believe. The manner in which he talks about football shows him to be intelligent and perceptive. 

First time I heard him in a post-match interview I wished he was managing City. 

Structure only goes so far. We laughed at Dyche, but he kept Burnley in the Prem far longer than a club of their resources could have been expected to remain. 

But, if I were him, I'd steer well clear of City atm. The rot has spread further than just Rodgers input.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Still don’t think we will get rid!

Me either.  The club probably mentally discounted the "big 6" away games as expected losses so he'll have probably a couple more games credit.

Alternatively they'll stick him on gardening leave so as to not pay him off and so there won't be a firing as such

I have no faith that the board even know who he is, but Arne Slot has rebuilt his Feyenoord side over the summer on a shoestring after losing a load of players, and they're sitting second in the Eredivisie behind Ajax, picking up 16 points out of a possible 18. In 6 games they've scored 17 goals and conceded only 5. It's early days in his managerial career but it's looking increasingly like he's an absolute miracle worker. 

If Slot's not on our radar, then Thomas Frank and Sean Dyche would both be pretty good options as well - Amorim is pie in the sky. 

• Like 1

Will surely be Benitez? Out of work; good organiser; knows the league; speaks English; would have respect of players; excellent tactical acumen; not overly expensive; fits what the club usually appoint in terms of low risk.

The Everton experience was a bad for him given his Liverpool past, but before that he's always done good work. Is he on a downward spiral? Probably, but maybe still good enough. Not inspiring or transformative, but will be hard to attract that sort of manager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Will surely be Benitez? Out of work; good organiser; knows the league; speaks English; would have respect of players; excellent tactical acumen; not overly expensive; fits what the club usually appoint in terms of low risk.

The Everton experience was a bad for him given his Liverpool past, but before that he's always done good work. Is he on a downward spiral? Probably, but maybe still good enough. Not inspiring or transformative, but will be hard to attract that sort of manager.

Also got relegated with Newcastle - no thanks 

Bring back Claudio (mentality coach for happy times)

Bring back Nigel (mentality coach for more difficult times)

Mentality is the problem, our players are sound when in the right mental state.

Keep Brendon so he can do that synergie thing with his fingers.

Sorted.