Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

If we went for Thomas frank, what formation do we think he’d play? He prefers obviously a 433 but has played 3 at the back a lot as well.

id like a front two of Daka and iheanacho, midfield praet, madders and Soumare and a back 5 of Justin Soy Evans Faes Castagne. Something solid to try reinstall some confidence back into the team, focus should be on not losing the game at the moment nevermind winning.

• Like 1

, Rd pm

16 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Absolutely not! Dyche is a horrible manager, always blaming others and never had a good word to say about us. In fact he was constantly slating us at one point. 

No idea who would be good for us though tbh. Morgan!? Huth!? Kasper as player manager, Fuchs as player manager!? 🤣. I don't know, I feel any of the above would give us our spirit back though.  

Bloody Nige! Just anyone who can get this band back together. 

You see this is wrong thinking to me,  Dyche made the best of what he had in front of him, any fool can spend £300 million and finish mid table!

No manager actually wants to be boring and defensive but better that than relegation, his remit was to keep the clarets in the prem and he succeeded so give the bloke a chance.

Rodgers simply cannot make the best of what he has, hence he wants to buy more of his wishful thinking "talent" who in the main are ****.

The obvious answer if it is to be Dyche is a contract till the end of the season, bonus for 17th, bigger bonus the higher we finish with the promise of a longer contract if we like his approach.

Edited by J. James
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, J. James said:

, Rd pm

You see this is wrong thinking to me,  Dyche made the best of what he had in front of him, any fool can spend £300 million and finish mid table!

No manager actually wants to be boring and defensive but better that than relegation, his remit was to keep the clarets in the prem and he succeeded so give the bloke a chance.

Rodgers simply cannot make the best of what he has, hence he wants to buy more of his wishful thinking "talent" who in the main are ****.

The obvious answer if it is to be Dyche is a contract till the end of the season, bonus for 17th, bigger bonus the higher we finish with the promise of a longer contract if we like his approach.

Dyche would be a complete idiot to take a contract till the end of the season, especially in our predicament. He will just have to wait and one of the other will be willing to offer a 2 year deal or even more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What a great character Dyche is....real down to earth guy.

Yeah he really is, he has this very strange ability to combine many different traits from what you would usually assume are very different kinds of people, he's completely structured and organised, a disciplinarian, but also allows players to have fun, have some banter and pull pranks on eachother, he comes across as someone who would be perfectly capable of going down the pub with players, being their mate but also pulling them aside and having a word with them, he sounded very in touch with players emotions etc. 

Every good manager has these skills, but most seem to excel at one or two of them, he just seems like he doesn't favour any of them and seems adept at them all, I really struggle to properly work him out but I know that I like him. Very Nige-esque. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah he really is, he has this very strange ability to combine many different traits from what you would usually assume are very different kinds of people, he's completely structured and organised, a disciplinarian, but also allows players to have fun, have some banter and pull pranks on eachother, he comes across as someone who would be perfectly capable of going down the pub with players, being their mate but also pulling them aside and having a word with them, he sounded very in touch with players emotions etc. 

Every good manager has these skills, but most seem to excel at one or two of them, he just seems like he doesn't favour any of them and seems adept at them all, I really struggle to properly work him out but I know that I like him. Very Nige-esque. 

We've always had success with character managers.... O'Neill, Pearson and to sum extent Ranieri (character wise)..... compared to the dullards

Maybe the board will take this in mind when hiring the next manager

• Like 1

I'm not fancying Frank and can't really put my finger on why. Plenty of managers have achieved what he has. 

Id hope we'd at least put some feelers out to see if Poch or Tuchel would be interested. Even if the highly likelihood would be no. I can see Tuchel at Newcastle before the end of the season. 

I'd be looking at someone who was successful somewhere and got a reasonably big job but maybe it was too soon or it didn't work out. Not sure if there is anyone that would fit that bill available.