Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We've always had success with character managers.... O'Neill, Pearson and to sum extent Ranieri (character wise)..... compared to the dullards

Maybe the board will take this in mind when hiring the next manager

I think we need someone who can command a dressing room, I always thought Brendan was someone who was able to really command respect but that's just from seeing him when he's at other clubs where you only see the media side of him, but now that i've watched him for multiple years now, it feels to me like he would more than likely come across to players as someone who is quite arrogant or has an ego problem, almost as if he should be respected because he is Brendan Rodgers, rather than respect him because he's the boss and represents the club. 

• Like 3

So far we've messed up the goalkeeper situation, messed up signings/selling players and now we're messing up sacking the manager...what makes anyone think we won't mess up replacing Rodgers?

Remember that absurd period between sacking Pearson and appointing Claudio aka Prekigate?

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like Brighton are going for Roberto De Zerbi....then maybe their preferred choice last week Franck Haise is waiting for the Leicester job becoming available shortly, wouldn't mind him here considering we have so many French speaking players 

Apparently Brighton's T1 Andy Naylor said they were never interested in Haise

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jv1 said:

Also got relegated with Newcastle - no thanks 

Benitez only took over in March that year and nearly kept Newcastle up, then won promotion the following season and had two respectable seasons in the Premier League, given the shoestring budget he was given by Mike Ashley.

Wouldn't be my personal choice, but seems like he ticks quite a few boxes that the Board like. He has a not dissimilar pedigree to Ranieri.