Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I reckon Villas Boas is a decent shout. Ticks boxes the board normally for. 

Still a fair few interesting and good managers we could go for at the moment that are out of work beyond the common suspects like Dyche, Benitez etc.

I just hope our board are brave enough to go for one of them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Could see it, but he doesn't have an inspiring record in the Premier League.

Although not the best at Chelsea I think he was still pretty good at Spurs

Spurs got the most points they have ever gotten in the Prem under him and he left with the highest win % of any of their managers ever in the Prem (even Poch ended up behind him in that regard, Conte is currently ahead of him)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Villas Boas gives me serious Paulo Sousa vibes. Cool as **** but ultimately all style and no substance.

I didn't realise that AVB is still only 44, meaning he was mid-thirties last time he was in the PL. 

Possible he could have developed considerably and there's more substance now.

9 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Thomas Frank but zero chance of that happening 

He's got such a nervous face.....he's seems to be so closely integrated in Brentford.....it would be a challenge to suddenly jump ship and manage another club.....and any he's contracted until 2025 so we'll have to pay a big wedge to Brentford at the same time sorting out Brendan's compo

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean the only club so far he hasn't really achieved anything with is Chelsea

Academica - Took over with them bottom after 7 games (sound familiar? :ph34r:), got them to finish 11th and 10 points clear of relegation

Porto - Won a treble which included going undefeated domestically winning the title and cup, and the youngest manager to ever win a European trophy as they also won the Europa league

Spurs - Achieved the most points in a season by any Spurs manager in the Prem, left with the highest win % of any Spurs manager in the Prem - still 2nd highest ever and only beaten by Conte currently

Zenit - 3 trophies at Zenit (League, Cup, and Super cup)

Shanghai - I don't really know much about Chinese football but "Villas-Boas has been credited with turning a relatively inexperienced side into a true championship contender, as well as reaching the semi-finals of the Asian Champions League, the club's best result in the competition to date"

Marseille - Finished 2nd which was their highest finish since 12/13 and got them back in the Champions League for the first time since 13/14

Fair enough. I'm not sure we can read too much into his time in Russia and China but I can't argue with those achievements in Portugal, at Spurs and Marseille. Concerns me that he doesn't seem to stay too long at any club but then again, a PL managers shelf life seems to be 3 years max anyway.

Edited by Tielemans63