Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don't want poch, I want a manager who really wants to manage us, not view us as a stepping stone, I think that'd be poch and that's what we've had from brendan.

Seriously, if Poch came here with us in such a dreadful state then he’d absolutely be committed ……..you could argue that he’d deserve to be committed! 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean the only club so far he hasn't really achieved anything with is Chelsea

Academica - Took over with them bottom after 7 games (sound familiar? :ph34r:), got them to finish 11th and 10 points clear of relegation

Porto - Won a treble which included going undefeated domestically winning the title and cup, and the youngest manager to ever win a European trophy as they also won the Europa league

Spurs - Achieved the most points in a season by any Spurs manager in the Prem, left with the highest win % of any Spurs manager in the Prem - still 2nd highest ever and only beaten by Conte currently

Zenit - 3 trophies at Zenit (League, Cup, and Super cup)

Shanghai - I don't really know much about Chinese football but "Villas-Boas has been credited with turning a relatively inexperienced side into a true championship contender, as well as reaching the semi-finals of the Asian Champions League, the club's best result in the competition to date"

Marseille - Finished 2nd which was their highest finish since 12/13 and got them back in the Champions League for the first time since 13/14

What's his tactical style of football his teams play?

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What's his tactical style of football his teams play?

The below is a pretty good breakdown of his tactics during his time at his most recent job Marseille

Mainly a variation on a 433 - sometimes a 4141, sometimes a 4231 etc.

https://thefalse9.com/2020/06/andre-villas-boas-tactics-marseille-formation.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

From the Mail:

"Sean Dyche is out of work after leaving Burnley in the closing weeks of last season while Norwich manager Dean Smith is thought to have admirers at Leicester."

Depressing.

Dean Smith would be an absolutely shocking appointment

Whoever at the club thinks we should consider him needs sacking as well

6 hours ago, cstott_lcfc said:

Would like amorim or haise,if tuchel were interested then would love him

Realistically maybe dyche

...the ship goes slightly off course and everyone is clutching for the life belts and hanging on for dear life, on the good ship Dyche!!!

Ten years keeping Burnley afloat on a shoestring is the constant cry, but in all that time he could have moved. He could have gone to another club and  built a reputation as a manager who can play progressive football,  but he didn't,  he stuck to a one dimensional game plan and churned out the same players on a conveyor belt, who only could develop one way and can now only fit teams who chooses to align themselves to a style of football discarded years ago.

If he wishes to be considered,  then drop a few leagues, start building teams which are not rigid and one dimensional, make them receptive to playing expansive football and embrace flair, you may have seen it now and again,  it is nothing to fear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Just got a msg from my mate saying He’s just heard from a good source that Dyche is going to be the man… apparently negotiations are already underway ( take it as you will and I have no idea who the source is but my mate wouldn’t just make it up) 

...did you not post something similar regarding information from your mate and he had no reason to make up a story!!!

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...did you not post something similar regarding information from your mate and he had no reason to make up a story!!!

…..First bit of information I’ve ever had that I felt was worth posting to be fair so no that wouldn’t have been me!!!

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

Some names out of work:

Dyche

O’Neill

Parker

Stankovic

Solsjear

Gracia
Setien

Villa Boas

Mihaljovic

Sampaoli

Bielsa

Beitez

Pochettino

Gattusu

Low

Tuchel

Zidane

The longer that list goes on, the more unlikely (to near impossible) it is that one of those replaces Rodgers. 

The decision making at the club is abysmal, the worst thing is nothing will change.

Top, Rudkin and Whelan just aren’t knowledgeable enough to sustain making the right calls.

Almost anything good was Pearson and his staff, riding the coattails of the decisions, appointments and structures they put in place anywhere between 14 and 8 years ago is almost funny.

Even if we get this appointment right (surprisingly), you wouldn’t bank on us backing up with good recruitment. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1