Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  wonder if he would consider a certain Brendan Rodgers for either role!!!

Nope. Reports say Marinakis is going for Blanc or Boas for Olympiakos and Benitez for Forest. I think Benitez is a 99% sealed deal for Forest. I don't have a clue about Olympiakos, even with the additions of Marcelo and Rodriguez this team is in a big mess. 

• Like 1

Whoever comes in has a massive job on their hands.

*Players are not happy, I'm sure many want out.

*We don't have money to spend.

*Confidence is down.

*Major Goalkeeper issues.

*A very leaky defense.

Don't think many managers will be up for the challenge.

Probably only some who are out of work.

I feel Big Sam will be incoming.

He has a good relationship with Martyn Glover, they have worked together a number of times.

I also feel we will see the return of Steve Walsh, we don't have much money to spend, hoping he will work his magic like he did before for us and find some cheap quilty players in January.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I like Frank but he’s ruling himself out right off the bat. Right now we don’t have a whole to offer other than potential but first some real surgery. He’s on a roll at brentford why would he want to risk that right now?

Too many fans still delusional about the allure of the Leicester project.  The spectacular collapse of the Rodgers' era both on and off the pitch has left it perceived as a poisoned chalice.  I'd love to see Frank come in but he'd never leave Brentford for us now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

*Confidence is down.

*A very leaky defense.

He has a good relationship with Martyn Glover, they have worked together a number of times.

I also feel we will see the return of Steve Walsh, we don't have much money to spend, hoping he will work his magic like he did before for us and find some cheap quilty players in January.

Unhappy players, low confidence and a shit defence is pretty routine stuff for a new manager taking over at a struggling team and though I've not seen enough of him to make a firm judgement either way, I've a suspicion we could go some way towards solving the goalkeeper issue by giving Iversen the nod. Fair enough we've got no money but even without reinforcements I remain convinced that there's enough quality in the squad for a half-decent manager to think "yeah, I could work with that". 

Fortunately I don't think there's any chance Allardyce is going to be that manager, nor that we'd bring him in because he's mates with Glover and then, a matter of weeks after he's finally started his job here, replace Glover with Walsh.

5 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

*Confidence is down.

*A very leaky defense.

...if we are short of money, why would we be looking to do business in the January window!!!

It is an expensive window to bring players in and players like Youri are not going to be sold in this window.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if we are short of money, why would we be looking to do business in the January window!!!

It is an expensive window to bring players in and players like Youri are not going to be sold in this window.

I think it's worth getting £10 million if we can for Youri in January, he isn't the type of player for a relegation scrap and at least you salvage some money.

8 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I think it's worth getting £10 million if we can for Youri in January, he isn't the type of player for a relegation scrap and at least you salvage some money.

...it would be good to get some money in to our coffers, but it is down to who comes in and if Youri wants to go there!!!

The more relevant point is that he could pledge to go abroad in January  and why would British clubs buy now when he will be free  in 6 months.

I still believe he will be here next season and beyond. 

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I like Frank but he’s ruling himself out right off the bat. Right now we don’t have a whole to offer other than potential but first some real surgery. He’s on a roll at brentford why would he want to risk that right now?

I disagree - all he said was he’s happy at Brentford and that was his focus. He’s not exactly going to come out and say he wants the job is he.

IMO his answer was no different from Brendan when Arsenal came knocking.

• Like 1

If we didn't look desitned for relegation then we could have been looking at a bigger pool of managers. 

The pool shrinks for two reasons:

1. Managers are less likely to want to come the more pressure they'll be under to avoid relegation. 

2. We'll need a certain type of personality for a relegation fight. We won't be able to give an up and coming less experienced manager any time to implement their ideas. 

The longer we leave it, the more likely Dyche could be the short term answer.  He ticks all of the boxes for what we need right now in regards to where we're at. 

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I mean the only club so far he hasn't really achieved anything with is Chelsea

Academica - Took over with them bottom after 7 games (sound familiar? :ph34r:), got them to finish 11th and 10 points clear of relegation

Porto - Won a treble which included going undefeated domestically winning the title and cup, and the youngest manager to ever win a European trophy as they also won the Europa league

Spurs - Achieved the most points in a season by any Spurs manager in the Prem, left with the highest win % of any Spurs manager in the Prem - still 2nd highest ever and only beaten by Conte currently

Zenit - 3 trophies at Zenit (League, Cup, and Super cup)

Shanghai - I don't really know much about Chinese football but "Villas-Boas has been credited with turning a relatively inexperienced side into a true championship contender, as well as reaching the semi-finals of the Asian Champions League, the club's best result in the competition to date"

Marseille - Finished 2nd which was their highest finish since 12/13 and got them back in the Champions League for the first time since 13/14

He’s way too outspoken for us and we’re not going to bring him in after what he pulled at the end of his tenure at Marseille. 

23 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

about as serious as the clowns calling for Dyche or Allardyce...

still, it's a thought isn't it? it'll happen one day and I wouldn't mind our club being the first to have the men's team led by a woman.

Absolutely not. It’s such a huge risk we can’t afford to take. We need a tried and tested pair of hands to get out of this mess 

• Like 1

It's real slim pickings on managers out of work that would realistically come here, Villas-Boas tends to do well immediately at clubs but can't see why he'd come here when we're bottom of the league and there's huge uncertainty about what finances they'll be in the next year or so.

I want someone with some real fight though, Marcelino, Sampaoli or Stankovic would give us a real edge but again I'm not sure any of them would come here.

• Like 2