Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

6 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Whoever comes in has a massive job on their hands.

*Players are not happy, I'm sure many want out.

*We don't have money to spend.

*Confidence is down.

*Major Goalkeeper issues.

*A very leaky defense.

Don't think many managers will be up for the challenge.

Probably only some who are out of work.

I feel Big Sam will be incoming.

He has a good relationship with Martyn Glover, they have worked together a number of times.

I also feel we will see the return of Steve Walsh, we don't have much money to spend, hoping he will work his magic like he did before for us and find some cheap quilty players in January.

I don’t think so, all the squad needs is someone who wants to be here. Someone to inject a bit of life back into the squad.

This is a good team, they unfortunately are desperately lacking in leadership, direction and someone who gives a ****. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Guest said:

Unhappy players, low confidence and a shit defence is pretty routine stuff for a new manager taking over at a struggling team and though I've not seen enough of him to make a firm judgement either way, I've a suspicion we could go some way towards solving the goalkeeper issue by giving Iversen the nod. Fair enough we've got no money but even without reinforcements I remain convinced that there's enough quality in the squad for a half-decent manager to think "yeah, I could work with that". 

Fortunately I don't think there's any chance Allardyce is going to be that manager, nor that we'd bring him in because he's mates with Glover and then, a matter of weeks after he's finally started his job here, replace Glover with Walsh.

Walsh I feel wouldn't replace Glover.

Glover was who got Walsh to Everton.

They worked together there with Big Sam, got a feeling we will see this again soon..

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's real slim pickings on managers out of work that would realistically come here, Villas-Boas tends to do well immediately at clubs but can't see why he'd come here when we're bottom of the league and there's huge uncertainty about what finances they'll be in the next year or so.

I want someone with some real fight though, Marcelino, Sampaoli or Stankovic would give us a real edge but again I'm not sure any of them would come here.

Would love Marcelino or Bordalás

Would love to have had Conti who would have been brilliant for our players in waking them up and properly organising them. Also Simeone but he’s simply too polar opposite for our quiet players. 

Id be happy with Thomas Franck who has a plan or two, is a good communicator and would do well with our team. 

10 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Any ITKs have any good news that the club are looking to change? 

Board are split. Seems senior figures including Susan want him gone.

Top and Rudkin still on Brendans side it would seem.

And seems they have approached Thomas Frank according to London sources. May have also been in touch with dyche.

But if the board is split. Surely Top has final day. Despite not over seeing day to day running it's his club effectively. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Moyes or Cooper may soon be available on a free...

I always feel there is something not quite right with Moyes. A lot of experience at different clubs, but somehow lacks something that results in success. But since I know nearly nothing about managing a football club, maybe he would be perfect for Leicester.

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

And seems they have approached Thomas Frank according to London sources. May have also been in touch with dyche.

But if the board is split. Surely Top has final day. Despite not over seeing day to day running it's his club effectively. 

Rudkin I highly doubt is on Brendan’s side, seems Top is the only one backing him atm

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I always feel there is something not quite right with Moyes. A lot of experience at different clubs, but somehow lacks something that results in success. But since I know nearly nothing about managing a football club, maybe he would be perfect for Leicester.

I'd take Moyes in a heartbeat. Excellent manager. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I get that hesitation  - the whole has never seemed to equal the sum of the parts with him.  But he does seem like a very capable manager and a relatively normal human being.

If he's someone the club were interested in, it's a pretty safe bet he'll go over the international break, so you could fire Rodgers and go with an interim and wait West Ham out.  That's all playing the fantasy that we're actually going to fire him, which still has no hard evidence backing it up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Rudkin is most certainly not in the BR fan club right now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I'd take Moyes in a heartbeat. Excellent manager. 

The West Ham fans are saying he's playing 'player X' when he's out of form, he doesn't know his best line up, is struggling to motivate the players and doesn't have a plan B.

Sound familiar?