Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

3 minutes ago, Flappit said:

The West Ham fans are saying he's playing 'player X' when he's out of form, he doesn't know his best line up, is struggling to motivate the players and doesn't have a plan B.

Sound familiar? 

And West Ham have spent £165m this summer 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wortho said:

And West Ham have spent £165m this summer 🤷‍♀️

It did occur to me over the weekend that the reason we're waiting is that they're waiting for another club to get rid of whoever the replacement is, I hadn't thought of Moyes but he might be someone they're looking at

53 minutes ago, Flappit said:

The West Ham fans are saying he's playing 'player X' when he's out of form, he doesn't know his best line up, is struggling to motivate the players and doesn't have a plan B.

Sound familiar? 

He still has a history of stabilising and improving clubs.  Long tenures where he has had success. 

A better version of Pearson imho. 

Generally done well at unfashionable clubs. 

Edited by Greg2607

10 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

How so? 

A club needs to have a long term goal and everyone should be working towards that from youth to first team. Bringing in polar opposite players to what we need, makes zero sense and shows something in the setup is wrong and needs fixing. Likewise bringing in a manager who's style is opposite to our players needs, will upset the whole strategy - if there even is one. Moyes and Dyche both have a old school style that works with tall strong players, not easy on the eye. But it also shows they have no knowledge of managers and are once again just plucking names who match 'managed in the Premier League'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how can that be, Rudkin is certainly not a fan of Rodgers!!!

Only going on what I was told by some London based foxes who are close to the media.

Rudkin may fear if the board manage to pusuade top to sack rodgers. He won't be far behind. 

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Only going on what I was told by some London based foxes who are close to the media.

Rudkin may fear if the board manage to pusuade top to sack rodgers. He won't be far behind. 

...the owners have leant on Rudkin's stewardship and knowledge about the club, I  do not see that his role is in anyway under pressure!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  really, really hope not!!!

Maybe top is just clawing his fortune back by using the next manager to go market. He could have made a fortune on backing tunchel and hanging on to brendan. Maybe he knows moyes, Gerrard and lampard are in danger but much bigger odds lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

A club needs to have a long term goal and everyone should be working towards that from youth to first team. Bringing in polar opposite players to what we need, makes zero sense and shows something in the setup is wrong and needs fixing. Likewise bringing in a manager who's style is opposite to our players needs, will upset the whole strategy - if there even is one. Moyes and Dyche both have a old school style that works with tall strong players, not easy on the eye. But it also shows they have no knowledge of managers and are once again just plucking names who match 'managed in the Premier League'.

...these are speculative names being mentioned, we have no idea who may or be no be looked at, take nothing as fact!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the owners have leant on Rudkin's stewardship and knowledge about the club, I  do not see that his role is in anyway under pressure!!!

The owners yes. But as I say if the board is actually, standing up to Top then Rudkin could well be a target as well. 

As I say only going on something I was sent last night saying there was a definite split currently. And Rudkin was still cosing up to Top. Seems Susan and a few others may have set a different stall out 

12 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Going for Moyes/Dyche if available or even trying to poach Frank would highlight again the lack knowledge in those who are making decisions at this club, just like the Vestergaard and Bertrand signings but in manager form.

We'd be lucky to get Frank - he's better than we deserve, given the way the club has botched the entire Rodgers fiasco.  But it's never happening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The owners yes. But as I say if the board is actually, standing up to Top then Rudkin could well be a target as well. 

As I say only going on something I was sent last night saying there was a definite split currently. And Rudkin was still cosing up to Top. Seems Susan and a few others may have set a different stall out 

.. Susan can't win!!!

It may be a show of strength but she cannot over rule Top, when all is said and done, he is her boss.

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Frankly speaking, Rudkin is culpable. If he is not, then wtf does he do for the Club?  Still supporting Rogers could  therefore be an act of self preservation on his part.

In all honesty, this Club needs a complete refresh of personnel and ideas. Its stagnant and heading full steam south to nights out in Bristol and Luton.  

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Frankly speaking, Rudkin is culpable. If he is not, then wtf does he do for the Club?  Still supporting Rogers could  therefore be an act of self preservation on his part.

In all honesty, this Club needs a complete refresh of personnel and ideas. Its stagnant and heading full steam south to nights out in Bristol and Luton.  

...it is a speculation from an unknown source, I personally do not believe it to be true!!!

It this moment every member of the board needs to come out and address the situation.

Whatever is happening behind closed doors (I do not believe the Board sees any real concern for our position in the league) we ought to be informed. Keeping things under lock and key can stoke up a powder keg, which could just blow up in their faces.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Brighton managing to snare Shakhtar's manager gives me hope we can get someone who is managing a club in European competition too... 

Not really snared him have they. He left in July because of the war. Commentary on it so far saying his availability was a major factor in the appointment. 

Get what you’re saying though, nice to see a prem club take a risk on someone like that

i kind of get why the club want someone who knows the league. 

These exciting foreign names look good on paper and are obviously very exciting but they need time to learn all about the league. 

i can’t imagine fischer is out there obsessing over the prem. He’d have less of a knowledge of players than the majority of this forum. 

naturally that would make things take a little more time to click. half the time we suggest people without knowing if they even speak the language. 

it can all be learnt over time but when you need instant results it’s a risk. One that has to be calculated.  Half the battle of management is knowing your opponents. That part would be a lot of learning for most people outside of england 

31 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You would enjoy a night out in Bristol.

I have also lived in Luton. Stay at home for that one.

54 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

But this is the problem. If they wait and wait and we're cut adrift we're going to have to depart from that long term vision and bring in a firefighter nit a long-termer. A minority of people are saying Rodgers needs more time. I have to wonder at what point they change their minds. How bad does it have to get?

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not really snared him have they. He left in July because of the war. Commentary on it so far saying his availability was a major factor in the appointment. 

Get what you’re saying though, nice to see a prem club take a risk on someone like that

Ah right, didn't know he'd already left.

• Like 1