Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

21 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Just got a msg from my mate saying He’s just heard from a good source that Dyche is going to be the man… apparently negotiations are already underway ( take it as you will and I have no idea who the source is but my mate wouldn’t just make it up) 

I just got a message from the spirit world from the ghost of Jock Wallace. I was at a seance held by a very reputable medium. I'd crossed her palm with silver (£10 in 50p pieces) and asked her who the next manager of Leicester City was going to be. She said she was getting a message from the ether from a Jack or Mac. I suggested it could be Jock or Matt and she said "that's right, me duck - it's Jock". Then she told me that Jock says it will be a tall, dark, handsome stranger. T'aint Dyche then is it? I'm guessing it's an Argentinian that no one's ever heard of.

Next time I'll ask for the Queen, once she's settled in. She was always in the know, weren't she?

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I just got a message from the spirit world from the ghost of Jock Wallace. I was at a seance held by a very reputable medium. I'd crossed her palm with silver (£10 in 50p pieces) and asked her who the next manager of Leicester City was going to be. She said she was getting a message from the ether from a Jack or Mac. I suggested it could be Jock or Matt and she said "that's right, me duck - it's Jock". Then she told me that Jock says it will be a tall, dark, handsome stranger. T'aint Dyche then is it? I'm guessing it's an Argentinian that no one's ever heard of.

Next time I'll ask for the Queen, once she's settled in. She was always in the know, weren't she?

Ok….. thanks for the cool edgy reply lol 

Edited by dbtcity

Whoever it is i do not envy them. Just look at the defenders he has to work with for a start! One injury to Evans or Faes and we are seriously lacking a competent replacement. 

It doesn't matter how many we score if we cannot defend and currently i am not convinced we will sign any more defenders in January. 

16 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Whoever it is i do not envy them. Just look at the defenders he has to work with for a start! One injury to Evans or Faes and we are seriously lacking a competent replacement. 

It doesn't matter how many we score if we cannot defend and currently i am not convinced we will sign any more defenders in January. 

New Manager maybe can get Cags on side (i am convinced this is a Rodgers problem), and i would expect to stop playing such a high press which should take the pressure off the defense. If we do that maybe even Jannik becomes a viable backup option. Swap Ward for Iversen and I think you have loads for a new manager to be working with there.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The next appointment will tell us a lot.

Our previous two have had real intent behind them. Puel to kickstart a transition in style and Rodgers to kick on to European football. If we revert to an unimaginative, or take-what’s-there, type of appointment then I’ll seriously question the decision-making behind the scenes.

One of my biggest bugbears in talking football with others is when you talk about a Leicester manager needing to go and someone saying “but who would you get in their place?”. My answer is always the same: it’s not my job to know, but someone at the club should know three potential options for Leicester’s next manager at any given time.

All of this talk of finding a different way to compete suggests that we are focused on structure and minimising the risk in decision-making around things like recruitment. If that’s the case then we should be tracking managers across Europe that we think we could hire to keep moving in the direction we want to as a club.

They may be managers I’ve never heard of who are managing in Greece, Portugal, the German second division or some dark corner of Eastern Europe. But if the club has been tracking their career, their style and their long-term ambitions then they might be the right next man for us.

If the list extends to the likes of Dyche, Benitez or Dean Smith then that would tell me that the club has neglected to do the smart thing and is putting as much thought into it as the bloke in the pub. 

Superbly put.

It is the clubs duty to construct a vision for the team and stick to it. Changing styles of play isn’t an easy thing to do and shouldn’t happen just because of what manager might happen to be available or be the cheapest at that time.

Brighton know. They’ve lost Potter out of the blue and within 10 days hired a well respected manager who plays a very similar style to Potter.

Hiring a short term fix and/or whoever is available with the most Premier League experience is the workings of a reactive club. It’s what Everton would do.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The next appointment will tell us a lot.

Our previous two have had real intent behind them. Puel to kickstart a transition in style and Rodgers to kick on to European football. If we revert to an unimaginative, or take-what’s-there, type of appointment then I’ll seriously question the decision-making behind the scenes.

One of my biggest bugbears in talking football with others is when you talk about a Leicester manager needing to go and someone saying “but who would you get in their place?”. My answer is always the same: it’s not my job to know, but someone at the club should know three potential options for Leicester’s next manager at any given time.

All of this talk of finding a different way to compete suggests that we are focused on structure and minimising the risk in decision-making around things like recruitment. If that’s the case then we should be tracking managers across Europe that we think we could hire to keep moving in the direction we want to as a club.

They may be managers I’ve never heard of who are managing in Greece, Portugal, the German second division or some dark corner of Eastern Europe. But if the club has been tracking their career, their style and their long-term ambitions then they might be the right next man for us.

If the list extends to the likes of Dyche, Benitez or Dean Smith then that would tell me that the club has neglected to do the smart thing and is putting as much thought into it as the bloke in the pub. 

This is one of the best posts I've read in weeks. Nailed it

18 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

....Leicester Tigers claimed they were looking worldwide for the next Head Coach a few years back and in the end gave the job to the first candidate that knocked on their door!!!

Unfortunately, he was not a success in the role so eventually, they had to dispense with his services. Sometimes taking the easy option sets you back more.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Leicester Tigers claimed they were looking worldwide for the next Head Coach a few years back and in the end gave the job to the first candidate that knocked on their door!!!

Unfortunately, he was not a success in the role so eventually, they had to dispense with his services. Sometimes taking the easy option sets you back more.

City need a Borthwick type appointment right now. Root and branch reboot of playing style, club values etc. No holding onto stragglers, just a complete mentality change too. We’ve turned into a group of losers, we need a winner. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

Soyuncu under the right manager could easily become a competent replacement. Depending on whether he's fully in escape to Athletico mode or not. If he is I couldn't blame him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

City need a Borthwick type appointment right now. Root and branch reboot of playing style, club values etc. No holding onto stragglers, just a complete mentality change too. We’ve turned into a group of losers, we need a winner. 

Mentality, definitely. Playing style, no. We don't need a revolution of our playing style, only an evolution. A revolution requires multiple transfer windows and some hefty funding behind it.

Think a decision has already been made and we are just waiting for an announcement. Hindsight is a wonderful gift we all have it but by and large the club makes the right calls. IMHO. Not sure many on here were calling for Nigel P after Sven left and pretty sure plenty had called for him to go when we failed in the play offs but the club stood by him and we stormed the division the following year. First year back in the Prem it looked like he had gone but there was a change of heart and the great escape. Then came the sex scandal and he was gone. Cannot remember many on here calling for Ranieri and certainly the hope that summer was to keep Cambiasso rather than bring in our 3rd choice alternative from France, that little guy did not work out too shabby. The decision to remove Claudio was the right one as one getting Shakey in then bringing in Puel. Puel did his job then his time was up as with Rodgers two top 5 finishes an F A cup win and 2 semi finals put us up in the higher reaches of the league. Clearly the stadium upgrade and as good a training ground as you will find shows the owners are not quite as clueless as some suggest. I have faith in the club getting this right and hopefully people get behind the club and team and whoever they have as manager. Maybe the next manager is not long term but how many are in the premier league. Just hope all the fans get behind whoever they pick 

• Like 1