Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

NEXT MANAGER??

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

As long as we're paying 10M/year ...   :ph34r:

1243007773_Simeone-end.JPG.050f198f0d19119cfc20a0f667d86b5d.JPG

p.s. that's ESPN, so take it with a shaker of salt

Nah, we just be a spring board til a big team needs him, but like Rogers, we'd do summat daft like offer 30m to stay for 5 more years 😁😁😁

31 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Most probably.....our set piece coach is Danish, so I suppose there'll get on together..... anyway Thomas seems like a decent guy and has  good footballing skills

44 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Think the Athletic might just be making a story out of nothing

"Harris mentioned in The Athletic that Frank routinely walks around the Gtech Community Stadium after matches,"

53 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’ve never cast the net very far with managerial recruitment since the takeover.

Sven - Big name out of work, former England manager. Disaster.

Pearson - Former manager. Excellent.

Ranieri - Out of work big name who’d applied for the job, already managed in England. Amazing then a disastrous finish.

Shakespeare - Already at the club. Poor appointment.

Puel - Sacked at then end of the season by Southampton as he was hugely unpopular despite a reasonable job there. Good recruitment but largely dreadful on the pitch.

Rodgers - Appointed after he’d rebuilt his reputation at Celtic, a known entity after his previous jobs. Initial success, set us back years otherwise.

This isn’t a progressive track record, it’s worked (mostly) but this isn’t a hierarchy that knows football inside and out. We don’t have a head of analytics at present which shows how much we value one of the best tools to level the playing field.

Haise, Jaissle, Stephan, Fischer et al almost certainly aren’t on our radar because they’ve not managed in England.

Our director of football isn’t up to it and that’s probably the most important role in relation the long term success of a club.

Clubs are utilising recruitment companies more and more for these types of appointments. Certain companies will provide lists of potential candidates that fit the bill.

I'm not confident though. As you say, none of our recent appointments have been particularly imaginative. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

We are falling behind other clubs in so many areas. Being in this position weakens us too.

We are still an excellent job for ambitious coaches but we don't seem interested in them.

Club seems to be strategically adrift, skint, and whoever comes in is going to have to work miracles to stay up.  I don’t think that applies to us at this point.

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Club seems to be strategically adrift, skint, and whoever comes in is going to have to work miracles to stay up.  I don’t think that applies to us at this point.

I agree with some of this, but you won’t have to work miracles to keep us up. Our starting XI (Iversen in for Ward) is better than at least 8 other sides in the division and we have already and will continue to score more goals than any of the teams around us, we have so much quality going forwards.

All it will take us a manger who can sort out the back line - the ingredients are all there and I think we will still finish mid table.

What is clear behind the scenes is there is no real plan for what we are doing. We need a new director of football, someone who can oversee everything and have a plan for where the football team is heading.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I agree with some of this, but you won’t have to work miracles to keep us up. Our starting XI (Iversen in for Ward) is better than at least 8 other sides in the division and we have already and will continue to score more goals than any of the teams around us, we have so much quality going forwards.

All it will take us a manger who can sort out the back line - the ingredients are all there and I think we will still finish mid table.

What is clear behind the scenes is there is no real plan for what we are doing. We need a new director of football, someone who can oversee everything and have a plan for where the football team is heading.

We have enough quality, but you won’t often see a PL side as disorganized and devoid of belief as we are under Rodgers.  40 from 31 matches to be safe, and that’s if they pull the trigger now - I guess “miracle” or not is a matter of semantics, but it sure as hell isn’t gonna be easy.  To be comfortably “mid-table” you’re now talking closer to 50 points from those 31 matches - do you really see any manager realistically on our radar getting that from this side?

None of this matters if the board doesn’t act before Forest.

Where we currently are feels very similar to the end of the Sven era where we had somewhat chased a dream and the club needed a reset. 

We are definitely coming to the end of a cycle here and for that reason I expect we will go for a manager more in the mould of a Pearson/Puel type who will come and lay strong foundations and see us move back to where we were 3 years ago, clever recruitment and a return to the buy cheap/younger players with sell on potential and also look to develop/integrate players from Our academy. 

Glover is now here and in place and I think by the time we play Forest the start of the new era will be well and truly in place. I think Thomas Frank fits that bill and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him as our new manager. 

10 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Where we currently are feels very similar to the end of the Sven era where we had somewhat chased a dream and the club needed a reset. 

We are definitely coming to the end of a cycle here and for that reason I expect we will go for a manager more in the mould of a Pearson/Puel type who will come and lay strong foundations and see us move back to where we were 3 years ago, clever recruitment and a return to the buy cheap/younger players with sell on potential and also look to develop/integrate players from Our academy. 

Glover is now here and in place and I think by the time we play Forest the start of the new era will be well and truly in place. I think Thomas Frank fits that bill and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him as our new manager. 

I agree with a lot of that, but I’ve yet to see any really convincing argument why Frank would leave Brentford for us as we are now.  And no, “we’re a bigger club” doesn’t convince me.  We may be literally bigger, but we’re loaded with debt and Brentford isn’t.  They play in a smaller stadium but they’re in London.  With a stadium expansion and some additional revenue generation, they have a lot of strategic advantages if they want to be ambitious.  The guy who takes us back to where we were three years ago is an important job, but I’m not sure how attractive it us to a manager who’s already got a pretty nice gig.  Frankly it sounds like you’re describing Dyche a lot more than Frank.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I agree with a lot of that, but I’ve yet to see any really convincing argument why Frank would leave Brentford for us as we are now.  And no, “we’re a bigger club” doesn’t convince me.  We may be literally bigger, but we’re loaded with debt and Brentford isn’t.  They play in a smaller stadium but they’re in London.  With a stadium expansion and some additional revenue generation, they have a lot of strategic advantages if they want to be ambitious.  The guy who takes us back to where we were three years ago is an important job, but I’m not sure how attractive it us to a manager who’s already got a pretty nice gig.  Frankly it sounds like you’re describing Dyche a lot more than Frank.

Money

Just read a couple of posts on Red Button - Leicester can't afford the £10m severance compo that it would cost to sack BR (The Sun) and that possible prospective replacements if he's sacked are Dyche, Pochettino and Benitez (also The Sun).

Looks like the seedy hacks at Britain's worst newspaper have taken to reading FoxesTalk for their insider information...sorry, strike that - for their insider confusion  lol. Means they know f**k-all about what's occurring in the board room.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

And we have some of that to spend?

I genuinely think we do. I think the financial issues are over stated.

We haven't spent because Rodgers has a poor track record of buying and actually using players. I wouldn't trust him, would you?

Bring in someone new, make sure they have the backroom staff to analyse potential transfers and go back to what made us successful - identifying underrated talent.

I don't think Simeone will leave Atletico but if he does he would be the perfect manager/coach for us. He can sort out our defensive problems and motivate this group of players to be aggressive and play with confidence.

I know the majority of our fans dislike him because of his attitude and character but right now we need someone like him or Tuchel. We need an active manager on the sideline with a feisty personality. The club is too soft from top to bottom. 

• Like 1